Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs manchester United Thursday 27th April sky sports 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

By the end of next season one of those two players will be leading the Man City line. I know who I think it will be. Please do get back to me at that time.

That's not the point. Your statement of him putting Aguero to shame in a 3 minute cameo where he scored an offside goal and got a yellow card is typical of your knee-jerk posts.

AGUERO was up there with Citys best tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Nobody's stirring anything, someone having a different opinion to you doesn't mean they're trying to upset you.

People stating that some people are having meltdown's in here has got what to do with a differing opinion. It was't aimed at me cos i didn't say much before this.

Did feillaini deserve to get sent off, yes for falling for aguero tempting him into butting heads. Did he do anything dangerous as such, no.

He got played and he is a liability did like him at everton and wasn't happy when we signed him. He has limited use and its hopefully his last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pogba would have driven United forward, he was a massive loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

JamboMac wrote: »
    People stating that some people are having meltdown's in here has got what to do with a differing opinion. It was't aimed at me cos i didn't say much before this.

Did feillaini deserve to get sent off, yes for falling for aguero tempting him into butting heads. Did he do anything dangerous as such, no.

He got played and he is a liability did like him at everton and wasn't happy when we signed him. He has limited use and its hopefully his last season.

Prior to that incident he has been excellent all night and was my MOTM along with Anders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well that wasn't great. Credit to Man City, that was their best defensive performance of the season, they were tremendously well-drilled in the transition and dealt immensely well in the 1 vs 1's. The downside is that Toure/Fernandinho axis is so slow and basic on the ball for a midfield duo of a side that want the ball and want to attack. Aguero, again, missed too many chances and that's the difference tonight between 1 point and 3, and too often this season it has been the difference for City.

For Man Utd, they got a point, they'll be happy. They had a chance off a set piece for Herrera and the Fellaini sending off was a welcome for Mourinho to shut up shop completely. I mean this in the least provocative way possible because I would love to know from real Man Utd fans, do you enjoy Mourinho's approach to football and is it what you want at your club? Maybe I'm just a bit naive but, for me, I couldn't ever imagine Barcelona accepting a performance like that once, let alone often. Is your joy of football derived solely from winning games (and it's not as though he's having an incredibly successful season either) or should you take pleasure from seeing your team attack and try to play? I do find it incredible that a club with Man Utd's history of success and attacking football has so willingly accepted Mourinho.

What do you mean?

Keeping clean sheets in 3 games against two of the most potently attacking teams in the league?

What about the performance against Chelsea, where we dominated the league leaders from start to finish?

That's pretty acceptable to me.

Add to that one trophy won, in the semi of another cup final and still in the hunt for the top 4.

I'm sure most supporters of the various teams across the world would be happy enough with that for a managers first season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That's not the point. Your statement of him putting Aguero to shame in a 3 minute cameo where he scored an offside goal and got a yellow card is typical of your knee-jerk posts.

AGUERO was up there with Citys best tonight

Missed chance after chance. Made bad decision after bad decision. He was involved a lot. Doesn't mean he was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

It would easier to accept Fellaini getting a red card if Aguero was sent off for instigating the contact or at least booked for it. And Fernandinho didn't even get booked for punching Darmian or Herrara.

Utd have just had to get used to playing against 11 plus the ref all season.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Stop feeding Cookie Monster FC
    It's what it wants
    I think I need to provide some advanced courses

It post more the more you reply to it. People need to ignore it alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Prior to that incident he has been excellent all night and was my MOTM along with Anders

Bailey was by far your best player tonight. That's the best I've seen him play for United. Looks like you've gotten a very good player there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Having watched the replay a few times, its definitely not a headbutt by Fellaini. He moves his head down prior to contact but his head is stationary when Aguero moves forward and they clash. Stupid of Fellaini to put himself in a position for Aguero to simulate the headbutt.

• Advertisement

I've just never been much of a fan, we need to find a keane type figure and can't see where we will get one, at least when he got sent off the other player went off injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness to Utd that was some bench they had tonight for a team in injury crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Should aguero not be taken off to check for concussion? It looked like a bad head injury from his reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Korat wrote: »
    And Fernandinho didn't even get booked for punching Darmian or Herrara..

When did that happen? At the headbutt incident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Clear to me that Aguero and Fellani made the same motion. After that it's who can sell the contact best to the ref. That was Aguero.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Aguero clearly played for it and sold it to the ref, but it was still a clear red anyhow. Aguero walked up to Fellaini,who out his head down to Aguero. I have no idea how some people say it wasn't a red. If it was Toure on Herrera there would be a very different reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

emmetkenny wrote: »
    When did that happen? At the headbutt incident?

I presume he is talking about a trailing arm in an earlier incident which was a pure accident and nobody appealed for anything even Jose who it was in front of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

JamboMac wrote: »
    How many liverpool fan's are in here regretting selling benteke much? Plus Klopp the flop, better in ads then management.

6/10. Should have called him Jurgen Plopp for the full school yard effect.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I presume he is talking about a trailing arm in an earlier incident which was a pure accident and nobody appealed for anything even Jose who it was in front of.

Ya, but what about, what about, what about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It would easier to accept Fellaini getting a red card if Aguero was sent off for instigating the contact or at least booked for it. And Fernandinho didn't even get booked for punching Darmian or Herrara.

Utd have just had to get used to playing against 11 plus the ref all season.

Yea forget about all the offside goals you have gotten and legit goals from other teams ruled out one even won you a cup.

• Advertisement

6/10. Should have called him Jurgen Plopp for the full school yard effect.

I know i've really brought the intellectual integrity of this thread down. Prior to me you where eating your prawn sandwiches and caviar, while sipping a fine Merlot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

By the end of next season one of those two players will be leading the Man City line. I know who I think it will be. Please do get back to me at that time.

This sort of stuff has shown you up to be a complete sh*t talker in the past (as if it wasn't already widely known). I'll be getting back to you at the end of this season regarding another blatantly incorrect prediction.

5starpool wrote: »
    Aguero clearly played for it and sold it to the ref, but it was still a clear red anyhow. Aguero walked up to Fellaini,who out his head down to Aguero. I have no idea how some people say it wasn't a red. If it was Toure on Herrera there would be a very different reaction.

Fellaini moved his head down towards Aguero but they were still apart. The contact only happened because Aguero moves forward into Fellaini's already lowered head and throws himself to the ground. Aguero was more responsible for the clash of heads than Fellaini

This sort of stuff has shown you up to be a complete sh*t talker in the past (as if it wasn't already widely known). I'll be getting back to you at the end of this season regarding another blatantly incorrect prediction.

I did definitely say the end of next seaaon. No wonder my predictions are wrong in your eyes if you keep getting them wrong.

I did definitely say the end of next seaaon. No wonder my predictions are wrong in your eyes if you keep getting them wrong.

I'm not talking about the prediction regarding Jesus at City, I'm talking about another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ceegee wrote: »
    Fellaini moved his head down towards Aguero but they were still apart. The contact only happened because Aguero moves forward into Fellaini's already lowered head and throws himself to the ground. Aguero was more responsible for the clash of heads than Fellaini

Ah Jesus will ya give over ffs. :pac:

I'm not talking about the prediction regarding Jesus at City, I'm talking about another one.

It's good there's someone keeping up with them. Do you care to let us in on this particular prediction?

Ya, but what about, what about, what about.

Great points your making tonight keep em coming

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ah Jesus will ya give over ffs. :pac:

Aguero stepped in to make contact, Fellainis head wasnt moving at the time.
    Do you honestly think Aguero looked like someone who'd been actually headbutted?

• Advertisement

It's good there's someone keeping up with them. Do you care to let us in on this particular prediction?

I'd hate to bring the thread off topic. You'll know in a few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think there was a post earlier saying why wasn't Aguero taken off and concussion checks done if he was headbutted?

Would have made sense if that's how it went down like people are saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

There's no point Utd appealing but Aguero deserved a red card and should be banned too. I'd argue his offence was worse because went looking for it, he moved his head towards Fellaini and then exagerrated the contact. Fellani gets a lot of stick for his elbows but Aguero has done much worse and very deliberately. The one on Winston Reid was shocking. A cheat and a thug.

There's no point Utd appealing but Aguero deserved a red card and should be banned too. I'd argue his offence was worse because went looking for it, he moved his head towards Fellaini and then exagerrated the contact. Fellani gets a lot of stick for his elbows but Aguero has done much worse and very deliberately. The one on Winston Reid was shocking. A cheat and a thug.

Yes Aguero was worse than Fellaini in that incident. Spot on there with that analysis.

I'd hate to bring the thread off topic. You'll know in a few weeks anyway.

Ooohhh excellent! I love suspense. Hopefully this gets it's own thread, I want that VIP treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Two players lean into each other with their heads.

one "sells" it better but it was a clear red for just mou

Your usual bias nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ooohhh excellent! I love suspense. Hopefully this gets it's own thread, I want that VIP treatment.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yes Aguero was worse than Fellaini in that incident. Spot on there with that analysis.

He was certainly no better. It only looks worse for Fellaini because he's taller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Lols here saying Fellini shouldn't have been sent off, will ye cop on lads. For years, this lad has been shoving, elbowing, leaving his foot in, etc, in the most cowardly of fashion. He then generally turns around and shrugs at the ref to say 'sorry,' a day gets away because he looks awkward and gets the benefit of the doubt. He's a nasty piece of work IMHO, got a yellow, was probably getting another one, and stuck his head on Aguero who is about a foot smaller than him. Aguero made the most of it but anything other than admitting Feliani stuck the head on him is fake news in the extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The whole utd team should have been sent off for crimes against football. A disgrace to the game. then sky making out it was some kind of masterclass from maureen. Managers have been parking the bus since time began, you'd think he had reinvented the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Fellaini fouled Aguero to stop a clear City attack on the left. He got a yellow for a professional foul, irrespective of it being his first foul or whatever. City take the free quickly and again Fellaini fouls Aguero, but this one isn't a booking. Aguero is angry and confrontational, and faces up to Fellaini, who then leans in, and head butts him, taking the bait offered by Aguero. You can definitely say Aguero was cute, but Fellaini didn't have to react. Every angle of the footage shows Fellaini as the aggressor, which is why none of the United squad questioned the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was a clear red card. If Fellani was on my team I'd be saving my anger for him rather than Aguero or the ref. Literally booked 10 seconds earlier he decides to stick the nut on an opponent. Yes Aguero played it up but you just can't do that. Left the ref with no other option.

Anyway aside from Man Utd Boards Andersonisgod themed "whose line is it anyway" my final thoughts on Mourinho's magic was that the only magic I can see is that he's made a portion of the population forget this his team made 7(!) Passes in the final third in the 2nd half, and he's created an optical illusion in which it looks like Fellaini doesn't headbut Aguero and it isn't one of the most obvious straight red cards you'll see all season. Magical.

jacool wrote: »
    Fellaini fouled Aguero to stop a clear City attack on the left. He got a yellow for a professional foul, irrespective of it being his first foul or whatever. City take the free quickly and again Fellaini fouls Aguero, but this one isn't a booking. Aguero is angry and confrontational, and faces up to Fellaini, who then leans in, and head butts him, taking the bait offered by Aguero. You can definitely say Aguero was cute, but Fellaini didn't have to react. Every angle of the footage shows Fellaini as the aggressor, which is why none of the United squad questioned the decision.

It looked worse because of the height difference. Deserved red? Probably. Both as bad as the other? Probably. It's not as cut and dry as everyone is making it out. Fellaini had his head down before there was any contact made. Aguero seen that and played him. Silly of Fellaini to put himself in that position but he was clearly wound up and Aguero used that to his advantage.

ceegee wrote: »
    Aguero stepped in to make contact, Fellainis head wasnt moving at the time.
    Do you honestly think Aguero looked like someone who'd been actually headbutted?

In real life, that's not a headbutt. If that happens on the street, you're not going to go down rolling on the pavement clutching your face. But on the football pitch, players are going to go down at any chance they get.

Fellaini fouled Aguero, i doubt he'd have been booked for it. Aguero knows Fellaini has just been booked and he knows what Fellaini is like so he mouthed off to him to wind him up and Fellaini threw the head in. He was an idiot. It's absolutely a red card.

I honestly don't know why Man U fans aren't raging at Fellaini tbh. Not that it changed the game i suppose. But it was still a stupid thing to do.

limnam wrote: »

No they didn't. Fellaini threw the head in. Aguero didn't.

limnam wrote: »

Me biased? Don't confuse my dislike of utd as bias.

I think you are firmly in the deluded camp over this one.

• monkey9 wrote: »
    No they didn't. Fellaini threw the head in. Aguero didn't.

Who says we are not raging at fellani?
    He was stupid it's been said time and time again.
    And anyway who gives a ****, games over point is gained
    IMO we missed Pogba today regardless of what people​ may think
    On to the next game, Pool under huge pressure Monday imo
    Go on Watford

Me biased? Don't confuse my dislike of utd as bias.

Oxymoron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watching that game tonight and comparing it to the Clasico last weekend was like watching 2 different sports.

How much longer can Sky continue to sell this as some sort of super league?

Both teams looked clueless tonight, yet are managed supposedly by 2 football geniuses. Geniuses who will demand a couple of hundred million each to spend this summer to try to keep the hype around their image intact.

Anyway aside from Man Utd Boards Andersonisgod themed "whose line is it anyway" my final thoughts on Mourinho's magic was that the only magic I can see is that he's made a portion of the population forget this his team made 7(!) Passes in the final third in the 2nd half, and he's created an optical illusion in which it looks like Fellaini doesn't headbut Aguero and it isn't one of the most obvious straight red cards you'll see all season. Magical.

He did some magic on your Chelsea team last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement