Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs manchester United Thursday 27th April sky sports 8pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Bridge93 wrote: »
    He threw his head into Aguero. See what you want the rest of us live in the real world. Aguero played him like a fool. I don't like what Aguero did but fellaini was brainless and deserved to go

Threw his head in. What a crock of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jayop wrote: »
    Did i wish an injury on him?

Dry your ****ing eyes. I said put one on him, that doesn't mean injury him.

Yeah you basically did though, if someone had a reason to fall like that, of course an injury is implied.

You're so overly-confrontational, settle down man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful match to watch. Poor stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Ref was amazing for ManCity. How he missed so many obvious fouls and kicking against ManUtd players and didn't hesitate to show Fellaini yellow card is beyond me.

Overall poor game, shame how many times Rashford was kicked to ground and wasn't even given foul.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CptMackey wrote: »
    I can't be the only one to think quality is gone from the premier league. The 2 Manchester clubs and I'd see better on a Sunday morning in the munster senior league

one team toothless against the massed ranks and the other playing 40 yards from their own goal with no ambition.

Did both sides realise three points were on offer?

Look at the wee cheating disgrace laughing now.

Cmon that's unfair on Ashley Young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Threw his head in. What a crock of ****.

You need a break from the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think he should've gone but whatever he got for the coming together ageuro should've too. The foul is separate and fell should've got a foul, possibly a harsh yellow for it.

Must see it again but I was sure fellani made the head movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Good result
    A lot of wupset neutrals no doubt
    Utd struggled without Pogba

Good result considering we were missing possibly 3 of our best players in Ibra, Pogba and Rojo.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    :D you of all people saying this, you've spent the last 3 pages having a tantrum.

I'm complaining the one point not having a tantrum then you have people making up **** that your saying.

Cheating won the day anyway. Fellaini banned now for the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

5starpool wrote: »
    Off the top of my head no idea, but I remember seeing him get free and easy with his elbows several times earlier in the season (as well as many other seasons).

I'm sure you'll laugh at my lack of detailed research, but I don't care about that.

He might not laugh but I will surely laugh at your misinformed nonsense.

• fullstop wrote: »
    :D you of all people saying this, you've spent the last 3 pages having a tantrum.

Oh man you come across awful bitter
    Consistently

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United unbeaten since October,
    5 goals in total conceded in the PL in 2017, two of them penalties.

Keep that up and they have a decent chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Johner wrote: »
    Not a great game, United will be happy enough with that point despite needing 3. City for all their possession never really looked like scoring. 0-0 was a fair result.

Thought City just deserved it despite being poor final third.

1-0 would have been the fairest score imo.

Will take the draw though!

Lemons, Lemons everywhere

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah you basically did though, if someone had a reason to fall like that, of course an injury is implied.

You're so overly-confrontational, settle down man.

So what your saying is for someone to fall like that they'd need to be injured badly. But somehow he was laughing a minute later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Both went in with their heads. Shouldnt both have been sent off?

They didn't.

Both walked towards eachother, ending up face to face, but Fellaini was the one who thrust his head in a sort of headbutt motion.

It did zero damage, Aguero completely dived, but Fellaini's was the only motion resembling a headbutt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

monkey9 wrote:
    Now let us never speak of this tripe again.

Id watch that 10 times over if i never had to watch the first united Vs pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

dire. contrast to what el classico gave last week it's pathetic from 2 of the supposedly top teams in the league. zero quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Ref was amazing for ManCity. How he missed so many obvious fouls and kicking against ManUtd players and didn't hesitate to show Fellaini yellow card is beyond me.

Overall poor game, shame how many times Rashford was kicked to ground and wasn't even given foul.

If you look at it, if we got half the decisions other teams like chelsea and city get we would be comfortably in the top 4, but we don't we seem have to win legitimately in comparison to other clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Aguero clearly drew Fell in but he took the bait.

There was minimal contact and Aguero over reacted but it was a straight red, no doubt.

Players simply cannot move their head towards another, Fells height over Aguero also made it look worse.

Pure stupid by him and we can have no complaints.

SlickRic wrote: »
    They didn't.

Both walked towards eachother, ending up face to face, but Fellaini was the one who thrust his head in a sort of headbutt motion.

It did zero damage, Aguero completely dived, but Fellaini's was the only motion resembling a headbutt.

Rubbish. Aguero stretched up to him but the wee short arse couldn't get up high enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good result. For once Aguero didn't finish his chances v United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nalz wrote: »
    Thought City just deserved it despite being poor final third.

1-0 would have been the fairest score imo.

Will take the draw though!

Yeah there probably could have been no arguments if City did nick it but I thought United defended well enough. Bailly was very good.

Rod Munch wrote: »

There was minimal contact and Aguero over reacted but it was a straight red, no doubt.

Players simply cannot move their head towards another, Fells height over Aguero also made it look worse.

Pure stupid by him and we can have no complaints.
    You can. Should fellaini have dived would Aguero have been off? Would he ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rubbish. Aguero stretched up to him but the wee short arse couldn't get up high enough.

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

rob316 wrote: »
    dire. contrast to what el classico gave last week it's pathetic from 2 of the supposedly top teams in the league. zero quality

El Clasico, they couldn't defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

JamboMac wrote: »
    If you look at it, if we got half the decisions other teams like chelsea and city get we would be comfortably in the top 4, but we don't we seem have to win legitimately in comparison to other clubs.

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It was a headbutt, plain and simple. Don't know how anyone can oppose the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

City deserve a draw. Crap in front of goal. United very well organised and looked very comfortable given they'd so little ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

It looked to me like Fellaini just lowered his head more than anything rather than thrust it forward at Aguero. Still though, he was an idiot and deserved to go. He is a shockingly limited player and simply not good enough for United. I don't understand why Aguero gets away without at least a booking though. It was blatant simulation - although Atkinson had a habit of missing blatant yellow card offenses committed by City players tonight.

Decent point, but pathetic stuff from United all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So what your saying is for someone to fall like that they'd need to be injured badly. But somehow he was laughing a minute later?

You said you wanted to see someone give him a reason to fall to the ground like that. Everyone knows what you meant, you're backtracking now but you'll deny that too of course. As others have said, maybe step away from the computer for a bit, you're getting worked up over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Aguero is a nasty piece of work, I don't know how anyone can defend his behaviour.

So basically Fellaini isn't too bright. Hardly a revelation. Pure stupidity from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

JamboMac wrote: »

You seem to forget all them offside goals utd got. The reason utd are out of the top 4 is because they are so ****e taking chances not because of any ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I'm complaining the one point not having a tantrum then you have people making up **** that your saying.

Cheating won the day anyway. Fellaini banned now for the run in.

You're having a tantrum.
    Consistently

Aww micko don't be like that :( I'm not the one wearing out the swear filter for pages on end.

Oh, and likewise :) Sure go and trawl back weeks of posts to drag something up again like you did the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well that wasn't great. Credit to Man City, that was their best defensive performance of the season, they were tremendously well-drilled in the transition and dealt immensely well in the 1 vs 1's. The downside is that Toure/Fernandinho axis is so slow and basic on the ball for a midfield duo of a side that want the ball and want to attack. Aguero, again, missed too many chances and that's the difference tonight between 1 point and 3, and too often this season it has been the difference for City.

For Man Utd, they got a point, they'll be happy. They had a chance off a set piece for Herrera and the Fellaini sending off was a welcome for Mourinho to shut up shop completely. I mean this in the least provocative way possible because I would love to know from real Man Utd fans, do you enjoy Mourinho's approach to football and is it what you want at your club? Maybe I'm just a bit naive but, for me, I couldn't ever imagine Barcelona accepting a performance like that once, let alone often. Is your joy of football derived solely from winning games (and it's not as though he's having an incredibly successful season either) or should you take pleasure from seeing your team attack and try to play? I do find it incredible that a club with Man Utd's history of success and attacking football has so willingly accepted Mourinho.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You said you wanted to see someone give him a reason to fall to the ground like that. Everyone knows what you meant, you're backtracking now but you'll deny that too of course. As others have said, maybe step away from the computer for a bit, you're getting worked up over nothing.

You don't know what I meant at all quite clearly. You can put one on someone without it even being a foul. Maybe you've only just started watching football but going in hard on someone doesn't equal injuring them.

And stick your advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It was a headbutt, plain and simple. Don't know how anyone can oppose the decision.

It wasnt a headbutt, plain and simple. Dont know how anyone could oppose the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Rod Munch wrote: »

Only remember sky showing the Barton sending off against City on the final day yesterday as part montage he touched sergio agueros side and instantly hit the deck in pain ,
    Fellani was stupid leaning in id love to see FA slap a simulation charge on him for his part too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Glad to get the draw out of that. expected to lose the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

NO WAY that was a sending off. But fellani was so stupid to fall for it. And it's a shame because he was EXCELLENT all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I can't believe some people think it wasn't a sending off. Clear headbutt even if Aguero did make the most of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

There is no way that was a sending off. If anyone should have been booked its Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Laughable opinions here. It was a headbutt all day long and all the talk of Aguero being "nasty"............... we are talking about mr elbows here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

niallo27 wrote: »
    You seem to forget all them offside goals utd got. The reason utd are out of the top 4 is because they are so ****e taking chances not because of any ref.

Oh i know there ****e, can't remember the offside goals that we got can remember some disallowed one's which would have got us 3 point's. If we where good we'd be challenging for the league not the top 4. But city are supposedly great but can't beat us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It was a clear red card. He moved his head in a forward motion. Fair enough Aguero went down really easily, but it was brain dead stuff from Fellaini. He completely lost his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Johner wrote: »
    I can't believe some people think it wasn't a sending off. Clear headbutt even if Aguero did make the most of it.

He moved down to Aguero to square up to him. Aguero felt contact and dived. Simple. Aguero was also the aggressor looking for Fellani after the foul

Ageuro puts his head in 2 to meet fellainis (who is also putting his head in) feels contact and goes down. People can call it clever but it's just cheating

NO WAY that was a sending off. But fellani was so stupid to fall for it. And it's a shame because he was EXCELLENT all night

The red card will be rescinded..

• Advertisement
Advertisement