Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs manchester United Thursday 27th April sky sports 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The red is largely meaningless in the context of the game, which is the funny part.

The result ended up the exact same as it would have if Fellaini had stayed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly can't see how anyone could argue that Felaini shouldn't have been sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Well that wasn't great. Credit to Man City, that was their best defensive performance of the season, they were tremendously well-drilled in the transition and dealt immensely well in the 1 vs 1's. The downside is that Toure/Fernandinho axis is so slow and basic on the ball for a midfield duo of a side that want the ball and want to attack. Aguero, again, missed too many chances and that's the difference tonight between 1 point and 3, and too often this season it has been the difference for City.

For Man Utd, they got a point, they'll be happy. They had a chance off a set piece for Herrera and the Fellaini sending off was a welcome for Mourinho to shut up shop completely. I mean this in the least provocative way possible because I would love to know from real Man Utd fans, do you enjoy Mourinho's approach to football and is it what you want at your club? Maybe I'm just a bit naive but, for me, I couldn't ever imagine Barcelona accepting a performance like that once, let alone often. Is your joy of football derived solely from winning games (and it's not as though he's having an incredibly successful season either) or should you take pleasure from seeing your team attack and try to play? I do find it incredible that a club with Man Utd's history of success and attacking football has so willingly accepted Mourinho.

It won't hurt to play pragmatic game time to time, it's not like we play like thise every game.

Not that I'm expecting any posts from you that makes any sense, just saying as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is hilarious reading this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The red card will be rescinded..

No it wont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Some of the meltdowns in here are gas. I really fail to see how anyone can argue that the red card was unjustified.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

irishman86 wrote:
    There is no way that was a sending off. If anyone should have been booked its Aguero

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The red card will be rescinded..

Yea I'd imagine so and hope so. I hate the way he's painted as the villan. It was his first foul all night he was nothing short of excellent.

2 mins earlier We Bruyne brought down Miki on the break and nothing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

monkey9 wrote: »
    Some of the meltdowns in here are gas. I really fail to see how anyone can argue that the red card was unjustified.

Making your point isn't having a meltdown.

But yeah keep OK stirring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Because...reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Like two bald men fighting over a comb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It won't hurt to play pragmatic game time to time, it's not like we play like thise every game.

Not that I'm expecting any posts from you that makes any sense, just saying as it is.

But this is the approach against pretty much every high level team Man Utd have played this season and, if you go by his previous tenures, will continue to be.

I did like the mandatory dig in the 2nd paragraph, remind me not to talk to you like a person again...

SlickRic wrote: »
    The red is largely meaningless in the context of the game, which is the funny part.

The result ended up the exact same as it would have if Fellaini had stayed on.

Hindsight is a great thing. The red card as it so often does can define a game. Nani 're Madrid springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yea I'd imagine so and hope so. I hate the way he's painted as the villan. It was his first foul all night he was nothing short of excellent.

There is not a hope in hell it will be rescinded, I doubt United will even appeal it.

• Johner wrote: »
    I can't believe some people think it wasn't a sending off. Clear headbutt even if Aguero did make the most of it.

Here is my honest thoughts on it.
    Fellani was stupid, followed up with another questionable foul straight after but he got suckered into Augeros sneakiness.
    It was a red because he gave the ref a decision to make and shouldn't have swung the head. But expect Augero to act the maggot and exaggerate

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He might not laugh but I will surely laugh at your misinformed nonsense.

It's a pretty safe bet that Fellaini would merit at least 3 cards in any given season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

How many liverpool fan's are in here regretting selling benteke much? Plus Klopp the flop, better in ads then management.

But this is the approach against pretty much every high level team Man Utd have played this season and, if you go by his previous tenures, will continue to be.

I did like the mandatory dig in the 2nd paragraph, remind me not to talk to you like a person again...

2-0 Chelsea says other wise.

high five

You need to know what meltdown means, few fans saying that wasn't a red card and putting their points forward isn't meltdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

As a neutral united were down to bare bones and it was classic Jose. Horrible to watch and not the united I grew up seeing but needs must for Jose.

Shame Jesus wasn't fit to play more as they could have done with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

JamboMac wrote: »
    How many liverpool fan's are in here regretting selling benteke much? Plus Klopp the flop, better in ads then management.

What in the fcuk are you talking about? Is this what you resort to, the most reaching insult possible after a Manchester Derby?

Couldn't have thought something up to made yourself look any more childish than you just have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hindsight is a great thing. The red card as it so often does can define a game. Nani 're Madrid springs to mind.

Even if Felanai stayed on it was heading for a nil nil, it had very little effect on the game.

Saying that it's one of the clearest red cards all season. There's a few of these sending off every season.

Jayop wrote: »
    Making your point isn't having a meltdown.

But yeah keep OK stirring.

Stirring what? Fellaini 100% deserved his red card. Aguero going down so easily is something Fellaini needs to expect if he throws the head in so simply don't throw the head in. You should direct your anger at Fellaini for being an idiot and letting your and his own team down.

Like two bald men fighting over a comb

And another bald man comes into comment on it ;)

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    As a neutral united were down to bare bones and it was classic Jose. Horrible to watch and not the united I grew up seeing but needs must for Jose.

Shame Jesus wasn't fit to play more as they could have done with him.

He puts Aguero to shame. There's an energy in his game and a buzz around him that Aguero just doesn't have. He'll be a superstar and he'll be City's main man.

• Advertisement

Nonsense. Against Liverpool home, Chelsea home, Arsenal home, Spurs home we played better game.

Yeah, I mean the second paragraph. Most of your posts are just rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Have to agree with Neville there, I know he hasn't had a great season but United missed Pogba today to get them up the pitch a bit more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I dislike Liverpool even more than United. Come from a family of united fans who beat it into to hate Liverpool despite a love of Michael Owen. But this is embarrassing

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Even if Felanai stayed on it was heading for a nil nil, it had very little effect on the game.

Saying that it's one of the clearest red cards all season. There's a few of these sending off every season.

Honestly...im probably emotional and I have a few beers on me so I'm going to head off and come back tomorrow with a clear head.

Would have taken that result at the start of the night.

GOOD NIGHT MATCH THREAD

What in the fcuk are you talking about? Is this what you resort to, the most reaching insult possible after a Manchester Derby?

Couldn't have thought something up to made yourself look any more childish than you just have.

So all liverpool fan's in here stirring isn't childish, are you for real?

• Advertisement

Stirring what? Fellaini 100% deserved his red card. Aguero going down so easily is something Fellaini needs to expect if he throws the head in so simply don't throw the head in. You should direct your anger at Fellaini for being an idiot and letting your and his own team down.

The only person I'm angry at is the diving cheat.

• Johner wrote: »
    Have to agree with Neville there, I know he hasn't had a great season but United missed Pogba today to get them up the pitch a bit more often.

I've been saying that all day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bad result for Liverpool, it is in the hands of both Manchester teams to get top 4.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

#obsessed

What are you talking about Liverpool for? They weren't playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Yet Liverpool still sit above Jose's United.................. How much did they spend again?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nobody's stirring anything, someone having a different opinion to you doesn't mean they're trying to upset you.

More noise from them now than after their game at the weekend anyway

He puts Aguero to shame. There's an energy in his game and a buzz around him that Aguero just doesn't have. He'll be a superstar and he'll be City's main man.

YOU'RE a true clown..hes played 4 games for City. AGUERO is a proven world class player at both club and international level and time and time has proven to be one of if not the most if not the most clinical finisher in world football.

His ability to make space is something that very few have. Ala what he did tonight on the edge.

YOU'RE the Katie Hopkins of boards and your posts do nothing but try and entice a reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Honestly...im probably emotional and I have a few beers on me so I'm going to head off and come back tomorrow with a clear head.

Would have taken that result at the start of the night.

GOOD NIGHT MATCH THREAD

It was a good result for United,, especially considering how many players were missing.

• Advertisement

Doe's this effect Liverpool?

He's a brilliant player. Shout of captaincy next season? Or vice?

Nonsense. Against Liverpool home, Chelsea home, Arsenal home, Spurs home we played better game.

Yeah, I mean the second paragraph. Most of your posts are just rubbish.

I'd say the same to you but I don't bother reading your posts, if they are as uninteresting as above that'd probably explain why.

Good result for city and United in the fight for top 4 all considered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I don't think it was a red upon replay. But so so hard for the ref to tell.

Incredibly dumb for fellaini to put the ref in the position of having to make that call.

Dumb from Fellaini, ratty from Aguero, not a red imo but can't really blame the ref.

Immaterial anyway, the bus held with 10 in it

YOU'RE a true clown..hes played 4 games for City. AGUERO is a proven world class player at both club and international level and time and time has proven to be the one if the most if not the most clinical finisher in world football.

His ability to make space is something that very few have. Ala what he did tonight on the edge.

YOU'RE the Katie Hopkins of boards and your posts do nothing but try and entice a reaction

By the end of next season one of those two players will be leading the Man City line. I know who I think it will be. Please do get back to me at that time.

I'd say the same to you but I don't bother reading your posts, if they are as uninteresting as above that'd probably explain why.

Nice cover up.

You want me to quote all the posts that you quoted me? Like I said, you don't even know what you post. It's like your account is handled by multiple persons or a piss take from mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jose perfectly summed up the game.

• Stop feeding Cookie Monster FC
    It's what it wants
    I think I need to provide some advanced courses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Hypothetically, what if Fellaini decides to fall down the same time as Aguero, whats the ref gonna do then? Aguero is clearly the aggressor in the situation and both them falling wouldn't make Fellaini's headbutt look half as obvious

Advertisement