Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to keep youtube running in android tab.

• 27-04-2017 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya all.
    Anyone got an idea or workaround for this solution? Getting kinda annoyed.

I have a HTC 728. Its a foreign phone but don't think its relevant. I like to play youtube via the app and the browser. I bluetooth it to an aquaboom speaker and listen to it that way. My problem is whenever I get a notification, or minimise the window or open a new tab, it stops the music like pressing pause. In other words, for it to play, it has to be on the currently displayed window.

I do use poweramp for onboard music, but dont think I can use that to stream the youtube.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Not sure if it's still about but I used to use an app called Firetube for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Firefox browser allows you to play YouTube with the screen off. I use it whilst out walking etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Thanks folks.
    I have downloaded firetube and will try that this evening. Will also try the firefox trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Root it, install Xposed and download Youtube Background Playback module.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Advertisement