Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyer - Wireless Monitored Alarm

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For self monitoring via apps I'd recommend GSD or Siemens Vanderbilt SPC4320.They both have the option of free apps using broadband. These give remote control of the system via Android & iPhone Apps and alerts via push notifications.
    Siemens Vanderbilt also has remote access via browser & email alerts.
    See the sticky for more information

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emziefallon

Hi, I'm wondering could you recommend a non monitored alarm system for my mum's House? She wants it more as a deterrent for burglars rather than to protect anything. It would have to be a simple enough system as she's 70 and not tec savvy at all. I've no experience with alarms and so have no idea where to start. Thanks a mill!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Either of the above would suit her also. Monitoring/self monitoring are just addons to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭xlight

Hi Koolkid, where I can buy those you mentioned? And where I can find a right person with a right price? (PM me if you know the average cost for installation and buying the ones you mentioned if you don't want to disclose here?)

Thank you very much.

Also, Koolkid, I saw you are Mod on Plumbing and Heating. So do you have any recommendation on underfloor heating for a new house? It is using dimplex heatpump at the moment, Floor has not being installed yet, so if you have any recommendation on solid/engineered wood floor will also be great.

Cheers...

• Advertisement

Being a mod doesn't qualify you on a subject.
    Home security is my expertise and I stick with that. ☺️
    The lads over there would help you better than I would.

I did a search on google and I can't find where I can buy it...

Siemens Vanderbilt is available through some of the suppliers listed in the sticky.
    GSD is only available through licenced installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Realgonekid

KoolKid wrote: »
    Siemens Vanderbilt is available through some of the suppliers listed in the sticky.
    GSD is only available through licenced installers.

http://globalsecurity.ie/enquire/

Advertisement