Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prey - Bethesda 2017

Options

Comments

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's powered by cryengine as someone mentioned above. Tried to find info on scalability and resolution bit got nothing but you could base it on another cryengine game as a start point.
    If you are getting pc I'd hold off for a few days after launch
    Arkane seem to have a bad history with launch of PC ports

Cryengine on anything developed by anyone but Crytech has a bad track record regardless of platform, but digital foundry seemed optimistic and surprised by what they saw in the demo. But for PC deffo hold off until the reviews are in for tech performance.

Achievement list out, looks very Deus Ex / Dishonored. At a glance 2 play minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

just played about 30 minutes on pc got one crash at the end so have decided to head off to bed

• dunworth1 wrote: »
    just played about 30 minutes on pc got one crash at the end so have decided to head off to bed

Well who would have though :pac:

59.99 in Smyths for console versions
    Argos showing it as unavailable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

ACG have given it a good review. Bought it on cdkeys last night. Will download after work.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Well who would have though :pac:

59.99 in Smyths for console versions
    Argos showing it as unavailable

Usual trick of using the UK catalogue number not working either but it's showing as 44.99 in UK so hoping that translates to 55 here when they update the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bought it for a reasonable price on GMG last night, feels a lot like system shock/bioshock, so far so good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

53.99 in Agros. Lack off reviews is keeping me from purchasing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,882 ✭✭✭✭briany

Nothing messy about Dishonored 2. Good game.

Enjoyed the original Prey. Pretty standard FPS but well-executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Theres a one hour demo? Sweet. Consider me downloading. Hope it's not only available to live/psn subscribers? (not by my console so can't check myself)

I really enjoyed Prey 1. I consider it one of the best early on xbox 360 titles. That and Dead Rising.... Man I'm getting old :( both were released in 2006.

But I get that this is a reboot but I hope they include elements of the first game. Other wise why call it Prey.

• Advertisement

Wow it's not easy starting out , had to bump the difficulty down a bit due to
    mimics making bits of me, bloody things leaping at suddenly you
    as you explore and loot the offices. I took to carrying a turret around
    to deal with the guys in the trauma center
    :D

How are folks play? I had it in mind i'd do it like dishonored , no powers in the first run and no human kills but I'm not sure if I've messed that one up already
    as I just noticed the mutants in the trauma center had names
    when I examined the corpses.

• I played for 4 hours straight last night. Couldn't put it down. After having watched nothing and going into this cold it really was a great start so far.

Reminds me so much of System Shock, loving it. I'm playing on Hard. Perfect balance in the game-play but I love a challenge.

I'd spoiler out some of the above Enfilade^

Yeah big time reminds me of system shock.

Someones already found a way to dupe materials. I'll resist the urge for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Fantastic Game.. counting down the clock in work till i can get back to it...

Is it safe to stash items on a corpse? got a few things I don't want to carry for now but rather not loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I've never played the System Shock games so can't compare but it really reminds me of Half Life 2. Also the gloo gun reminds me of Portal 2 for some reason. The game also runs flawlessly on my rig. No hiccups so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Best game I've played in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'm too lazy to Google so just gonna ask those who played the demo is this 1st or 3rd person view. I find FP view very hard to play.

In fact, was only able to play RE7 in VR mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'm too lazy to Google so just gonna ask those who played the demo is this 1st or 3rd person view. I find FP view very hard to play.

In fact, was only able to play RE7 in VR mode.

1st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    1st.
    Thanks, may have to skip this one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Thanks, may have to skip this one so.

There's a demo out, you could give that a shot and see how you feel.

Edit: never mind, just seen you already knew about the demo :pac:

Just got to the point in progressing the main story where you get get sent to Psycho something told about
    December and the escape pod
    just shortly after the other one tells you you're
    on a suicide mission
    seems choices need to be made :D

@Doctor Nick it's very similar so far to the pace (speed of gameplay) and combat of resident evil. It's a much brighter setting for the most part. You get nausea or something from FP games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

God damn I'm tempted too get this.

God damn I'm tempted too get this.

Yeah if you liked deus ex in recent times, or bio/system shock go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

1st Deus Ex was very good the 2nd was meh, wasnt overly impressed by the demo on PS4 but I might keep my eye on this as its getting good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Really enjoying this game - its pretty much bioshock in space so if that's your thing its worth picking up. Combat is a bit meh and could have been a bit more polished but overall story is interesting, progression is reasonably quick especially if you have access to neuromod fabrication early on which is relatively easy to get. I like the inventory management options - a lot of games could learn a thing or two from the system.

Has anyone come across fabrication plans for suit repair kits?

Has anyone found the lab with
    all the post it notes on things saying not a mimic
    :P

EDIT : Found what I was looking for , had to bump the difficulty down to easy and I'm still still dying , no powers etc is a difficulty in itself here. You can't upgrade the guns by any more than 1 point per attribute without investing in powers. Reckon I'm 50-60% of the way in and just encountered a
    nightmare
    which duly clobbered me as I was unprepared from having encountered another new enemy just before that.

I have to say this playing like this is sucking some of the fun out of the game, unlike dishonoured where it worked, here it's a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Has anyone come across fabrication plans for suit repair kits?
    I just found one in Life Support - Just inside the door from Cargo in a security station (break the window and hop in). I like to explore rather than follow the questlines half the time so I'm not sure what specific objective will take you that way but you can access it after you start the GUTZ mission, near the end of the first tunnel run and you enter a large stream of Choral head the opposite direction to the mission pointer and follow the pipe to get to Cargo.

Really loving the game so far, it manages to capture the System-Shock feel perfectly, the movement feels 'right' and they've done a great job of accounting for options for each obstacle - usually if you can think of it you can do it...kinda (like moving heavy crates by jamming a bench into the gap).

• Advertisement

• Interestingly I'm at the same point as Enfilade I'd say. It was a weird encounter as it's just
    go through door and there he is a big huge **** off monster
    I was unprepared and died. Have yet to try again. Will give it another go this evening.
    I found the schematics but no idea where from. I'm low on resources at the moment.

Advertisement