Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prey - Bethesda 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Just got to the point in progressing the main story where you get get sent to Psycho something told about
    December and the escape pod
    just shortly after the other one tells you you're
    on a suicide mission
    seems choices need to be made :D

@Doctor Nick it's very similar so far to the pace (speed of gameplay) and combat of resident evil. It's a much brighter setting for the most part. You get nausea or something from FP games?

Sorry Enfilade, just seeing this now. I'm not sure what it is about the FP viewpoint but it never appealed to me. I did play a few years ago (Condemned, Bioshock) but the FOV just annoyed me. Not sure what the problem is with it tbh.
    ETA: Actually, seeing as there is a free demo I should just DLC it and see for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

finished just now at 22 hours playtime. great ending.

my only complaint about this game is the ammo management. seems like i spent most of my time running back to fabricators to craft more shotty ammo. and could only ever craft 24 shells max at any time. the enemies are often bullet sponges meaning i basically just gave up in the final stages and ran past any enemies i could. i don't think i killed a single enemy in the final few frantic mission stages. this really detracted from the game for me.

• froog wrote: »

my only complaint about this game is the ammo management. seems like i spent most of my time running back to fabricators to craft more shotty ammo. and could only ever craft 24 shells max at any time. the enemies are often bullet sponges meaning i basically just gave up in the final stages and ran past any enemies i could. i don't think i killed a single enemy in the final few frantic mission stages. this really detracted from the game for me.

I'm already getting that feeling. No resources left :/

froog wrote: »

I had to resort to duping mats on my no powers run. I can't increase inventory or put more than one point in each of the weapons tree, with dishonored etc at least there was a properly thought out stealth way but here i'm using an exploit to keep me in bullets and health kits because there is no option but to run to a door most of the time. Then when you run out of supplies you face 2 or 3 loading screens to get to a fabricator.

TLDR no powers = no fun in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Its a pity they didn't make more of the wrench for use against lower tier enemies so you could save ammo for the big bads - I know there's the neuromod options to boost it but would have been nice to upgrade the wrench itself - unless I've missed something?

But having the same ammo managements problems and getting a bit tedious continuously going to fabricators just to have one encounter use all my ammo particularly when the stealth option is pretty much non-existent. Other than that still enjoying this game and the story. The station is a really interesting playground with lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What difficultly are ye playing on?

• What difficultly are ye playing on?

I started the game on hard but moved down to Normal. Not something I would ever do but got stuck at a certain point.
    Didn't make ****e all difference to be honest. I'm still resource strapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

20+ hours in and I haven't really had any issues with Ammo (on normal though). I think I've had to fabricate some maybe 10 times. I put most of my Mats into neuromods-> Stealth (+damage bonuses), Weapon upgrade abilities (+fab'd a lot of upgrade packs to activate those options), engineering, leverage and hacking . So as much as was possible at any time I had the most damage per round and the ability to gain access to most locked away resources. Also where possible I'd bring turrets with me, build kill rooms and lure enemies in or just use them to distract or whittle away health while I slowed enemies down with Gloo or obstacles. My first time running into a nightmare I died in a few seconds, the 2nd was trivial with just putting some crates in the way, bonding them with Gloo and leaving it to focus on the one turret I had availble, by the time I had to intervene with the Q-beam he was mostly dead. Things like that save you a lot of resources, either directly in ammo use or simply in being able to recycle the consumables you didn't have to use.

I wanted to smash the controller when I left off last night. stuck in a room I need to get out of with some heavy hitters and no bullets , no med kits left and I need do an exposed climb with the gloo gun and all the while being attacked and frame rates from hell :mad:

EDIT: Corrupted save, which told me then it was deleting itself. Blessing maybe, set me back near a fabricator.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

IGN's review is pretty damning about the bugs. Worst rating that I've seen.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/05/11/prey-review-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Mr E wrote: »

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/05/11/prey-review-2

I'm not planning on picking this up any time soon so I'm hoping that by the time I do they are fixed.

Also that review was on the computer version rather than the console so bound to come across plenty of bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Feck!! I'm playing on PC and haven't had one glitch or bug yet. I think i better stop playing until a new patch is released. I don't want to lose hours of progress. Though i was looking at DF's console analysis yesterday and it looks terrible compared to PC. Playing on Xbox One with the game installed on an external HDD sometimes churning out 15 fps. Yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr E wrote:

Who publishes a review without even finishing the game. People on here have finished it as have other publications.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I crashed twice in my playthrough, no different to any new game tbh.

Feck!! I'm playing on PC and haven't had one glitch or bug yet. I think i better stop playing until a new patch is released. I don't want to lose hours of progress. Though i was looking at DF's console analysis yesterday and it looks terrible compared to PC. Playing on Xbox One with the game installed on an external HDD sometimes churning out 15 fps. Yuk!

Yeah saw the DF video, I haven't encountered as much frame drop as they have and I'm running it on an external too. Really it was just that one section I was stuck in the other night that had frame rate issues. I've had some quests bug out though forcing me to reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Loving the game so far, but the hard coded mouse controls on pc are a complete joke. Not been able to use mouse wheel button is a complete pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone playing this on a PS4? I hear the input lag is terrible - this true?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I took the plunge and brought it for P.C, hope I like it now and it runs smootly on my 4 year old P.C. :o .

It's supposed to run quite well even on older machines so you should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Amazing how the material glitch got passed testing!!

• Advertisement

It's supposed to run quite well even on older machines so you should be good to go.

Good too hear............I guess you could say I'm Preying that it will :pac: :o:D

*gets coat*

Patch out that fixes the save corruption issue and that glitch mentioned above. (PC)

Was near set to throw in the towel on the no skills run last night, theres a massive spike in difficulty at what I assume is close to the end when
    military operators appear
    . Cut me down in seconds. It really is an exercise in frustration and thats playing on easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Finished it last night. That was thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end. I was lucky, didn't run into any serious bugs (PC) - crashed maybe twice and with pretty much everything in this box being overclocked a fair % I couldn't say that was even down to the code, the only remotely serious thing I ran into was getting stuck in one of the grav lifts with a science operator obviously below as the damn thing kept saying 'Doctor yuuu....docTor yuhhh', a bit of thought and one blindly thrown grenade later (yes I know that sounds contradictory) and I resolved the blocker...literally. It's not an earth shattering game by any means but extremely well implemented and one of the few in the last couple of years that held my interest from beginning to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems to be one of those games that has had very mixed reviews but most people who have played it seem to have really enjoyed it.

My god this game is intense!

My god this game is intense!

So it runs ok on your system then?

So it runs ok on your system then?

It does indeed, compared too that new sniper game I brought a few weeks ago, was suffering with stuttering even on low, I guess it was poorly optimized or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Really enjoyed the demo. A definitely purchase for me when it gets cheaper (Can't justify paying full price for games after doing so for so many years!)

Question for people who played it tho, is there anything brought over from the original Prey? (loved that game) or is this a total reboot and only connection in name.

Advertisement