Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transferring IE bookmarks to chrome (mobile)

• 27-04-2017 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

HI,
    I've searched and searched but couldnt find a resolution. I don't have access to a pc/laptop so not sure if that makes a difference? ? I have a samsung Trend, I have a load of bookmarks I want to transfer from IE to chrome. When I go to do this in IE my gmail address automatically comes up and it looks like it has saved them over there.
    However when I go in to chrome or drive or Gmail I cant find anything. Ive transfered 10 by going into IE and copying the link then pasting in chrome and pressing the star bookmark icon, but I have about 100 more :-( is this the only way I can transfers them or do I need to use a pc to find them somewhere???

Comments

shashaela wrote: »
    HI,
    I've searched and searched but couldnt find a resolution. I don't have access to a pc/laptop so not sure if that makes a difference? ? I have a samsung Trend, I have a load of bookmarks I want to transfer from IE to chrome. When I go to do this in IE my gmail address automatically comes up and it looks like it has saved them over there.
    However when I go in to chrome or drive or Gmail I cant find anything. Ive transfered 10 by going into IE and copying the link then pasting in chrome and pressing the star bookmark icon, but I have about 100 more :-( is this the only way I can transfers them or do I need to use a pc to find them somewhere???

I'd say PC is probably the only way to bring them over all at once. If not the only, then definitely the easiest.

There's no reason why you bookmarks that you saved aren't in chrome, though. When you go to chrome > 3 dot menu > bookmarks, there's nothing there, and nothing in any folders or anything if you pull in from the side? If you go menu > settings in chrome, it's the correct google account?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭shashaela

Nothing there at all, only the ones that I pasted. Only got the one gmail account.

I think you're right with checking it on a pc, as im guessing theres probably more options when viewed on a pc. Bit of a pain!!!

Nothing there at all, only the ones that I pasted. Only got the one gmail account.

I think you're right with checking it on a pc, as im guessing theres probably more options when viewed on a pc. Bit of a pain!!!

And of course when you go to your phone settings > accounts > Google > select account > chrome is set to sync?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

In chrome there are 2 sets of bookmarks, desktop and mobile. It probably stored them under desktop ones. Just reorganise them.

Definitely do it on a pc....

Yeah its set to sync.

Right so thats probably where they are then. Anything I googled only gave instructions on finding them via a pc. Nothing at all about on a phone. So I figured they either a- dont need to explain it as its straight forward and already there (im the only one having this issue!) Or b - they can only be found by using a pc.

The hassle of borrowing a laptop for a few hours definitely out weighs the thoughts of copying /pasting over 100 bookmarks!!!

• Advertisement

Yeah its set to sync.

Right so thats probably where they are then. Anything I googled only gave instructions on finding them via a pc. Nothing at all about on a phone. So I figured they either a- dont need to explain it as its straight forward and already there (im the only one having this issue!) Or b - they can only be found by using a pc.

The hassle of borrowing a laptop for a few hours definitely out weighs the thoughts of copying /pasting over 100 bookmarks!!!

I can see all my desktop bookmarks via the sliding menu when in bookmarks in chrome on my mobile. PC would definitely be easier anyway.

I finally got to borrow a laptop for a few hours. Theres a few bookmarks I can see that came over from IE. However in IE on my phone theres a subfolder called other. None of the bookmarks from here transferred over and this is where the majority of them are. I edited one of them by saving it back to device and then edited and saved it again back to gmail but then it went of to another folder, I didnt select it to be saved in any subfolders.so it seems any sub folders on my phone wont transfer into chrome.is there a way around this. I reallyneed to sort this as I need to reset my dying phone but this bookmark situation is delaying me :-(

Advertisement