Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Loan

Options
  • 27-04-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm almost half way through my personal loan (variable rate) and I was wondering if I was to pay a lump sum off the balance would my monthly repayments go down or do I just save on interest?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

kop77 wrote:
    I'm almost half way through my personal loan (variable rate) and I was wondering if I was to pay a lump sum off the balance would my monthly repayments go down or do I just save on interest?

For my loan, it was a direct debit set up, so payments stay the same. It's not like a credit card where payments are x% of the outstanding balance. Interest would be reduced and you would be making less payments overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

kop77 wrote: »
    Hi,

thanks,
    Hi kop77, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

We would need to have access to your bank account to check your specific Loan. If you would like to send a Private message with your name, contact number and your account holding branch we will be happy to request a call back from an advisor at your branch.

To send private message please click link below in my signature. 

Thanks, 
    Tara C

Advertisement