Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail being redirected to phishing site in safari?

Options
  • 27-04-2017 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

When I try to go to my hotmail account I am now getting a warning that it is a possible phishing website. I type the web address myself (www. hotmail .com) and press "go" (not clicking a link), but when the warning appears I can see "yoha_urqz @ hotmail.com" in the address bar.

What is this? It's a work ipad and I don't even use it for general browsing so no idea where malware would come from. All apps on it are official education apps etc. I could understand if I was following a link but how can this happen from a typed address? I have cleared the history and cleared the safari cache in settings.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

For starters, delete all your cookies and try again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Skatedude wrote: »
    For starters, delete all your cookies and try again?

Thanks. I've done that (I think - cleared history and website data for safari under the setting app) but no change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Looks like you are not the only 1 with the issue.

Couple of ideas here

Advertisement