Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting interesting in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nope. is this related to Jihad Jane I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Nope. is this related to Jihad Jane I wonder?

You'll have to explain that to me Harry?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Said on the tv3 news that the "house" was on O Connell st.

You'll have to explain that to me Harry?

That nick name was given to Colleen LaRose,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_LaRose
    The same day as the unsealing of LaRose's indictment, four men and three women in their 20s and 40s were arrested in Waterford and Cork, Ireland, with regard to an alleged plot to assassinate Vilks.[2][31] Irish police said most of those arrested were foreign residents of the country.[34]

They reportedly included three Algerians (two of them a married couple), a Croatian (a Muslim convert), a Palestinian, a Libyan, and a U.S. national?Jamie Paulin-Ramirez.[28] Five of the people were released in early March 2010, while Ali Charaf Damache, a 10-year Algerian resident of Ireland, and the Libyan, Abdul Salam al-Jahani, were ordered held without bail.[35]

LaRose spoke online about her plans with at least one of the suspects apprehended in Ireland, according to a U.S. official.[22] Her main contact in Ireland was believed to be Damache, who lived in Waterford with Paulin-Ramirez.[36] Garda? believe LaRose may have visited Ireland to contact the suspects in 2009.[37]

LaRose was the only American woman in recent years to have been charged in the U.S. with similar terrorist violations.[38] Some terrorism experts pointed to LaRose's apparent mental instability, arguing she was an anomaly and not representative of a trend towards women jihadists.[39]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Jihid Jane had been hiding out in a house at the top entrance in Viewmount. I've heard a couple of security experts claim that Waterford and Wexford are the hot spots for the terrorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

deisemum wrote: »
    Jihid Jane had been hiding out in a house at the top entrance in Viewmount. I've heard a couple of security experts claim that Waterford and Wexford are the hot spots for the terrorists.

Well that would make sense in the south east. Even ISIS wouldn't venture into Kilkenny.

Just heard on the news that the male is up in court today and he was arrested during a house raid on the outskirts of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

What security experts?

What security experts?

I cannot remember their names but they were working in senior security/intelligence roles or were former security personnel and were interviewed on national radio.

Tom Clonan no doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Just heard on the news that the male is up in court today and he was arrested during a house raid on the outskirts of the city.

No doubt he will be released without charge and a file sent to the DPP...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

hahaha really... i pass that house every single day, must change my route.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Just heard on Beat news, body of woman found in Thomas street apartments, more as they get it

and this is related in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

not sure harry, garda are probably looking into that now

Advertisement