Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received PMs only have my previous quote and no message

Options
  • 27-04-2017 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I received a PM from a user yesterday and I replied this morning. He replied an hour or so later, but all I can see in his message is the quote of my original reply. I PMd him again to check if it was just a mistake on his part. He replied, but again, I can only see the quote of my message in his PM and nothing from him.

On another issue, I have had '1' on my drop down menu for friends requests for absolutely ages. When I click on it, there's nothing there. Can you clear that please?

I'm based in France (so is the person PMing me I believe), I'm using the Legacy site and the results of my Diagnostics page are below. I've also cleared the cache, tried on an Iphone and another computer, restarted the browser etc.

Thanks!

Operating System: Mac OS X
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
    Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes
    Cookies Enabled: Yes
    Java Enabled: No
    Flash Version: 25.0 r0 installed
    Your Resolution

Screen: 1920 x 1200
    Current Browser: 1436 x 968
    Colour: 24 bit
    Our Server

Date/Time: Thursday 27th of April 2017, 19:22:09
    Name: www.boards.ie (www5)
    LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled: Yes
    Followed Forums:
    []
    User Details

Username: Cleite
    User ID: 577082
    Moderator: No

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Cleite,

The issue with the PMs is affecting them; if you're in contact with them again, can you ask them to either use the Legacy version of the site or to start a new message to respond to you.

As for the phantom notifications, this is something that we haven't been able to replicate so it makes it more difficult for us to fix. There can be a notification that doesn't exist if you use multiple tabs, but it's unlikely that this is the case here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement