Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrocuted by shower

Options
  • 27-04-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi ive a question ive heard of people dying from electric shocks in the shower, and i am worried because my shower head has a crack in it which is allowing water to get out from it, im worried water will drip into the hose and i could get electricuted is this at all possible? i asked my landlord weeks ago about getting it fixed but she never did anything about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

No.If it's just the hose that is leaking,its safe.Shower hoses and heads are inexpensive,I have seen them for as little as €5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

its the plastic piece that connects the hose to the shower head that is cracked, and water is seeping the crack there, is this dangerous

would i be able to buy the plastic piece that connects the shower head to the hose, and fix it myself do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

its the plastic piece that connects the hose to the shower head that is cracked, and water is seeping the crack there, is this dangerous

No, you (or your landlord) can pick up the separate hose that'll just screw on.

The end looks like this that'll just screw off/on again.

shower-hose-nut-abs-chromed-1-2-screw-america-standard-250-904.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Considering how cheap a new hose and head would be, it might be simpler to just replace the lot.

• Advertisement

okay thanks for the help, i will have a look and try and get one soon, but in the mean time you feel it will be safe to have showers when it is leaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

okay thanks for the help, i will have a look and try and get one soon, but in the mean time you feel it will be safe to have showers when it is leaking?

Yes. It's just the hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's possible to get shocks from an electric shower if there is a fault with the wiring.
    It's definitely a terrible idea to use a shower if the body of the shower on the wall has a crack.
    In your case it's the shower hose that is cracked. There are no electrical components inside the hose so a crack in this part is harmless. As already stated above you can replace the shower hose yourself if you want to. They are about 15 euro in Woodies

Advertisement