Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New car - which insurance company

Options
  • 27-04-2017 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi guys,

i bought a new car and will be collecting it next week. All my insurance quotes have been coming in very high!!! can anyone recommend a company that would do a reasonable quote for me?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There isn't usually one company that's cheaper across the board unfortunately, but Allianz seem to be pretty aggressive (in a good way) with gaining new customers at the moment, best thing is to ring some brokers, and try companies direct. It's a slog, but there's no easy way to do it. Premiums from the same insurance company will vary depending on who's selling them (broker, website, direct)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lara_Croft.ie

Thank you for your reply..i've been getting car insurance quotes online and they allll vary from 500 quid to 1000!!! I suppose 500 euro's isn't too bad for a new car and fully comp. I've always paid around 300 quid for insurance on my old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€500 is very good, I know nobody who has got a quote below €500 this year, some of them were getting quotes of €350-€400 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mine was €585 this year with 10 years no-claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thank you for your reply..i've been getting car insurance quotes online and they allll vary from 500 quid to 1000!!! I suppose 500 euro's isn't too bad for a new car and fully comp. I've always paid around 300 quid for insurance on my old car.

Do you currently hold an insurance policy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go with one of the quotes you have got already. It's impossible to find anything below 500 these days.
    Read the thread "Insurance - tell us your quotes/ renewals"

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lara_Croft.ie

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Do you currently hold an insurance policy?

No, i just came back after a year out of the country and i had my other car off the road for the year.

Advertisement