Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for hunting contacts

Options
  • 27-04-2017 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I am a German hunter with over 20 years of experience. I am over here in Ireland for work until the next spring. I live in Co. Kildare
    I´d like to hunt in the next season but I don´t know anybody here. I´d really like to find some guys who share the same interests with me.
    In my area in Germany we are mostly hunting roe deer, foxes and wild boar, but we also have fellow deer and mufflons. Some red deer appeared in the last years because the wolves are recovering the forests and pushing the red deer out. Hopefully our mufflons will survive the next years...
    And we have every kind of birds. I really enjoy shooting ducks, crows, pigeons or geese from a blind especially with other lads.
    But my major interest over here is the sika deer because we don´t have them at home.
    Maybe somebody could help me with some good advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Markhor

Heidjer,

I would be happy to help you get some shooting with the shotgun and take you out stalking deer, I live in the Limerick area but perhaps that is too far from your current residence in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Heidjer

Hi, that sounds good. Maybe Limerick is a little bit too far but you'll never know. Driving is not the problem for me. Are your areas close to a highway? What kind of deer do you stalk there?

The M7 motorway will bring you from Kildare to my area its about 1.5 hours drive.
    There are very few Sika in my area some red and mostly fallow. If you are after sika principally there are a good many of them in Wicklow not very far from where you are.

Yes, there are plenty of them in the Wicklows. But I don?t know anybody there yet. Thank you so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭sniperman

Markhor wrote: »
    Heidjer,

I would be happy to help you get some shooting with the shotgun and take you out stalking deer, I live in the Limerick area but perhaps that is too far from your current residence in Kildare.

fair play lad,thats decent of you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your kind words. I see you are resident in Tipperary, God's own country, I have spent much of my time walking and hunting in Tipperary for the past 42 years.

Its a great place but changing, with all the new houses in the past 15 years or so.

At one time you would never meet another hunter there and back in the
    70's a door would open on return from and early stalk and invite you in for tea.

Many of the good people I knew are gone now and new people with different attitudes are in residence posting land with no hunting, no shooting and no trespassing. What a pity !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭sniperman

yes markhor you are correct and right,times have changed in deed,its not like the 70s anymore,i found it hard to get permissions,very few lads like you around offering to take others out,when i started out i offered my services free as a painter for permission,never even got one offer,only through a mate i got mine,yes a pity indeed.so fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Hey there Heidjer, the lads up at Hilltop shooting club may be able to give you advice on area's in Wicklow. They are based near Roundwood. :)

Happy hunting!

Ok,
    thank you, I will google that!

Advertisement