Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40mm rivet heads? Where to buy?

• 27-04-2017 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I have large screw holes on wooden beams that need hiding. I figured those black wrought iron rivets you see on old style fireplaces and wooden furniture would be perfect but I cannot find any 40mm in width, even in steel, copper or wood. Been even searching for anything dome shaped that size that I could even just stick on but proving very difficult. Anyone know where I could find something or someone to make something? Preferably metal but would settle for wooden.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Google this (40 mm forged look rivet heads) And you should find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

40mm is a big rivet, how about filling the holes with a wooden plug, maybe something like a garden tool handle (usually ash, but sometimes other hardwoods like hickory are used). Glue in place and trim, plane flush and lightly stained- could look good?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sussipod

Yes that was an idea, we were afraid it would be noticeable but might be worth practicing a few times first.Also I have 15 of them :)

Advertisement