Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork boutiques

Options
  • 27-04-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm heading to cork this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows where I could find some decent boutiques? I'm looking for the likes of ruby rouge in wexford or kloset in Galway. I'm between a 6 and 8 and really struggling to find a nice outfit in my size for a close friends wedding. I'm almost crying at this stage its so frustrating. I see so many nice outfits but nothing fits .
    Please no smart comments about my weight, I'm depressed enough about it. Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

Hi scaredycat,

I've moved your thread from The Ladies Lounge to the Cork City forum as it's more appropriate and you'll probably get more replies too. Please read the Cork City charter in full before continuing to post.

Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

There are a few places at the Parnell Place end of Oliver Plunkett St that might be worth trying - Fran & Jane, Sheena's boutique, Olori. And of course Brown Thomas is just around the corner. There's a Coast as well on Patrick St.

Don't know the two places you've mentioned, and don't know what age you are or what your budget it, so hard to say if these are suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Brocade and Lime on Coal quay carries vintage-inspired labels like Stop Staring and Trashy Diva. They also have a lovely tearoom upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Beer got her wedding outfit in The Dressing Room on Emmett Place.
    Nice stuff 10 years ago, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Olori on Oliver Plunkett St looks really nice (and really expensive I'd say). There's one right on the corner by the Post Office too, can't remember the name. Looks like more casual stuff but depending on the wedding might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Olori on Oliver Plunkett St looks really nice (and really expensive I'd say). There's one right on the corner by the Post Office too, can't remember the name. Looks like more casual stuff but depending on the wedding might be worth a look.

Marcain? Yeah, could be another wedding contender, judging by what's in there at the moment.

The place what used to be Noa Noa is on the corner, but that's got more casual dresses. From what I can see it's all the same dress pattern actually in about 100 different print patterns :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Malari wrote: »

The place what used to be Noa Noa is on the corner, but that's got more casual dresses. From what I can see it's all the same dress pattern actually in about 100 different print patterns :pac:

Lol, I think that's the one I'm talking about! For someone very slender like OP that cut would be nice though I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Mrs Beer got her wedding outfit in The Dressing Room on Emmett Place.
    Nice stuff 10 years ago, anyway.

They closed down recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lia_lia wrote: »
    They closed down recently enough.

I never noticed that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What kind of wedding is it? Super formal, or more chilled out? Full length night time glam, or would short or knee length, or jumpsuit be ok?

Anyway, along with the others above like olori (quite a scandi? style in there, block colours etc).. try douglas village shopping center too. There are two boutiques in there I think.. one does rentals of designers stuff for weddings. Verso. And itso me.
    http://www.versofashions.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/Itsomedouglas/

Also, i don't know if you are petite, but separates can solve a lot of sizing issues in my experience. And skirts and tops are in a lot of places at the moment.

I think BT has a personal shopper service also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Another one, if you are on for a rummage, tk maxx has two shops in cork. Sometimes you can find something awesome amoungst the rest.

They arrange by size in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

My sister same size as you had similar problem and yesterday we went to Vanilla boutique in Fermoy in Cork and got a fab dress. They had a good few small sizes when we asked. Two girls working there were really helpful and not in your face! Good luck.
    http://vanillaboutique.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I never noticed that.

Only in the last few days/weeks I think! It's a shame as it was a lovely shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Heard the dressing room will re open as a donut joint 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

My sister same size as you had similar problem and yesterday we went to Vanilla boutique in Fermoy in Cork and got a fab dress. They had a good few small sizes when we asked. Two girls working there were really helpful and not in your face! Good luck.
    http://vanillaboutique.ie
    From which direction are you traveling to Cork?
    plus 1 for Vanilla in Fermoy.
    I myself think there are better boutiques outside of the city.
    Midleton Offers 2-3 fab ones( I'll have to double check names)
    Also Charleville has a few nice one and throw in Blue Fig in Ballincollig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Heard the dressing room will re open as a donut joint 🙄

Another Donut place ?.

Jeses there is going to be 4 of then that opened in less then 6 months. That i way to many for the city at this stage like how often are you going to eat a donut like ?.

Advertisement