Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposal of a large mobile home

Options
  • 27-04-2017 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello all,
    some years ago I purchased a large 35 feet * 12 feet mobile home. Now I have no real use for it and it is taking up space and I don't want it becoming an eyesore as the years pass. The cold winter of 2010 did a lot of damage to the water and heating system but apart from that it is in reasonable condition for a 1995 model.
    I doubt though it will be lived in again and I'm now wondering as to the correct disposal of such a large mobile home? Any advice out there would be appreciated... I'm located in the South East thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Have you ever thought of donating it to a rescue? Many rescue's need space for smaller animals like cats - a large mobile home could be ideal and a lot of them have volunteers who could help kit it out?
    Put it on done deal with ' free to take away..I'd say you'd be run over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P. Think you might get an informed answer here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Don't ever put anything metal for free online attract the most unbelievable ****ehawks!

Call your local scrap yard but I'd expect to pay then to take it away because they are generally full of polystyrene / polyurethane insulation stuck to the aluminium so difficult to recycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Could you cut it up and put it in a skip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Could you cut it up and put it in a skip?

I've got an old 30 ft static caravan here and thats what I eventually intend to do with it. Its a few years older than the OP's and I redid all the water pipes and the boiler a few years back so know its not a big job because everything is so easy to get to.

If the caravan still has a good subframe and doesn't leak I'd give the local dealers a call and ask how much it would cold to move it and then see about selling it or giving it to someone who is building a new house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement