If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV receiver pricing

Options
  • 28-04-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi there, been keeping an eye on a few receivers to see if they drop closer to my (comparatively paltry!) budget as new season models come on ; Denon AVRX2300, Onkyo TXNR656 & Pioneer VSX1131 (in that order). The Onkyo has just dropped nicely to my budget now but I see it's also gone store only at the same time (I'm in Dublin), if you can do anything on that one or the other two I'd appreciate it, I've checked out others in that price range and they're not worth flipping my existing for (and I've been instructed not to breach my budget!!!). If not then no sweat.

Many Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dave..M wrote: »
    Hi there, been keeping an eye on a few receivers to see if they drop closer to my (comparatively paltry!) budget as new season models come on ; Denon AVRX2300, Onkyo TXNR656 & Pioneer VSX1131 (in that order). The Onkyo has just dropped nicely to my budget now but I see it's also gone store only at the same time (I'm in Dublin), if you can do anything on that one or the other two I'd appreciate it, I've checked out others in that price range and they're not worth flipping my existing for (and I've been instructed not to breach my budget!!!). If not then no sweat.

Many Thanks
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to ship the Onkyo TXNR656 although if you can make the journey I can hold one for you in store? The Denon would be my first choice between those amps, purely for sound quality, and they are on offer at the moment for 449.99 Euro including shipping. Would this be too far out of your budget?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to ship the Onkyo TXNR656 although if you can make the journey I can hold one for you in store? The Denon would be my first choice between those amps, purely for sound quality, and they are on offer at the moment for 449.99 Euro including shipping. Would this be too far out of your budget?

Kind regards

David

Thanks Kenny, I knew it was a long shot but no harm in asking, I know the Denon is good value at 350GBP but around 300GBP equivalent​ give or take is the budget (I over spent on a TV!), the Denon is the one I had my eye on but having done my research I was happy to go with either of the other two if they dipped first, I did worry they might go store only if they did (which the Onkyo has!). Thanks for offering to hold but unfortunately I won't make it up so don't want you missing a sale as at 300 quid I'm sure it will go quickly.

Cheers
    Dave

Hi Dave,

Kind regards

David

Thanks Kenny, I knew it was a long shot but no harm in asking, I know the Denon is good value at 350GBP but around 300GBP equivalent​ give or take is the budget (I over spent on a TV!), the Denon is the one I had my eye on but having done my research I was happy to go with either of the other two if they dipped first, I did worry they might go store only if they did (which the Onkyo has!). Thanks for offering to hold but unfortunately I won't make it up so don't want you missing a sale as at 300 quid I'm sure it will go quickly.

Cheers
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

No problem, let me know if you're still looking in a while and I'll check the pricing and delivery status for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi Dave,

No problem, let me know if you're still looking in a while and I'll check the pricing and delivery status for you.

Kind regards

David

Will do Kenny, I have the page on speed dial at the moment!
    It's a pity you guys closed your place on the quays in Dublin or I'd be enjoying a great Saturday morning tinkering!

Hi Dave,

Kind regards

David

Will do Kenny, I have the page on speed dial at the moment!
    It's a pity you guys closed your place on the quays in Dublin or I'd be enjoying a great Saturday morning tinkering!
    No problem Dave..M.

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Kind regards

David

Hi guys, I see the DENON AVRX2300 has hit 329 which is just about in my budget so I think I'll go ahead with that

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Kind regards

David

Hi guys, I see the DENON AVRX2300 has hit 329 which is just about in my budget so I think I'll go ahead with that

Thanks!
    Hi Dave..M

You can order it here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202128-avrx2300.aspx

Or PM me your contact number and I can give you a call :)

Hi Dave..M

You can order it here:

All done I think! (I had the kids hanging out of me :) )

Hi Dave..M

You can order it here:

All done I think! (I had the kids hanging out of me :) )
    Thanks for the order Dave..M :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.