Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUSE - Belfast - 23rd August 2017

Options
  • 28-04-2017 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Rockers Muse will headline Belfast Vital 2017 this summer, with Biffy Clyro also confirmed to perform.

The two massive bands will take to the stage at Boucher Road Playing Fields on Wednesday, August 23.

Also performing will be Nothing But Thieves and Dublin band Fangclub.

Muse last played in Belfast in 2016 as part of their Drones world tour, which also saw them headline a night at Glastonbury.

Biffy Clyro also performed in Belfast last year with their Ellipsis tour.

Tickets for the massive event will go on sale from Friday, May 5 at 9am from all usual Ticketmaster outlet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Very unlikely there'll be a Dublin date. Damn Muse and their midweek gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Pity its on a Wednesday. A bit akward but will probably still go. Two great bands. Saw Biffy recently in the point. They were great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its only £49.50 which is an absolute steal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'll be at this...and Kasabian the day before!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Is this expected to sell out on the first day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

That's an awesome lineup, the bottom of the lineup fangclub are brilliant, pure 90''s rock type stuff local too. Hope they bring this to Dublin, we need more of these lineups!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

mollser wrote: »
    That's an awesome lineup, the bottom of the lineup fangclub are brilliant, pure 90''s rock type stuff local too. Hope they bring this to Dublin, we need more of these lineups!

It's 90-120 mins away! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Few drinks and all yada yada...!

eldest200 wrote: »
    Is this expected to sell out on the first day?

I don't think so...but it is a strong line-up. If it was on a weekend I'd say it would but maybe not straight away for a midweek gig as people will have to check the logistics.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Penfailed wrote: »

Same :)

• Advertisement

I've edited my signature to reflect all the gigs I'm doing this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Is this not the same day as kasabian??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How big a venue is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Kasabian was originally scheduled for the Wednesday but has since been moved to the Tuesday! I will be going to both, hotel booked! Now to get the time off work :)

siblers wrote: »
    How big a venue is this?

Massive. It's playing fields. Foo Fighters have played Vital before as have The Stone Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 quazzy1

Is there any chance of them doing a similar show in Dublin as well? As far as I can see, Muse have no gig the following night, although they might be the sort of band that'd need a 2 day gap between gigs, with all their gear etc. I'd love to go to this but Belfast is very awkward for me and I can't see any of my friends being up for a 5 hour trek :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How big a venue is this?

I want to say it's around 50k, space for everyone

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know if there's a presale for this?

Anyone know if there's a presale for this?

I wouldn't think so. There's no need for one IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

mutley18 wrote: »
    davywalsh7 wrote: »

Kasabian was originally scheduled for the Wednesday but has since been moved to the Tuesday! I will be going to both, hotel booked! Now to get the time off work :)

Nice! Gonna go to both now too. May as well treat myself for me birthday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How big a venue is this?

Big Venue, I'd say 40,000. I was at the Chili Peppers there last summer.

threein99 wrote: »
    Big Venue, I'd say 40,000. I was at the Chili Peppers there last summer.

I know I mentioned 50k, but saw an article that mentioned 70k. Either way, it'll be plenty so can't see it selling out quickly if at all.

As easy as expected there.

Tickets purchased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Tics sorted! :-) There last year for Chili Peppers. We stayed in Belfast for the night but thinking of driving home after Muse. Anyone experience of the car park there? Quick to exit or will we be queuing a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I wouldnt park on the Boucher Road as it closes 30mins before the end of the concert and wont open until the whole area is clear. Id park in the Asda car park in West Belfast. Its not a long walk from Boucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Snap! Me too!

Advertisement