Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joule Therm Electric RADS

Options
  • 28-04-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I have a cold area in my house Hall stairs and Landing. I only really put on heating to heat this area as other rooms are heated by multi fuel stoves. I was wondering about getting an electric heater Joule Therm I was quoted around €400 for one and 8.5 cent an hour to run, It seems a cheap option to have it running for maybe 3 hours in the evening to boost the heat in the hall the rad they recommended was the Joule Therm JT12r. My wife thinks a cheap oil filled rad will do the same job???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

There is a stat that you can get that you could use to control the oil rad.

Oil rads are a bit better than standard electrical element ones. If you have one you could just get the controller, about 125 euro

The unit is a thermostat with a frost, set back and boost setting.

You wire it inline with the rad. It needs a 13amp spur before it, rated at 13amp

This will give you far better Control.

The boost time is adjustable 10 min to 2 or 3 hours
    The boost temp range is about 19 to 24 degrees

The set by back temp range is about 6 to 16 degrees I think.

The frost setting is zero degrees

So set this up. Have the set back at about 15 or 16 degrees

It will keep the room slightly warm and hold off the dampness

The boost could be set to say 22 degrees for and hour.

Switched fused spur to turn it off

Advertisement