Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Fridge Issues

Options
  • 28-04-2017 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

I got one of the Husky fridges above for my room and having this strange issue, it's like each time the fridge kicks in, my computer screen knocks off at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

TallGlass wrote: »
    I got one of the Husky fridges above for my room and having this strange issue, it's like each time the fridge kicks in, my computer screen knocks off at the same time.

Are they both connected on an extension lead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

naughto wrote: »
    Are they both connected on an extension lead?

Yeah both fed off the same socket. I have two screens both are the same but is only happening on one screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Yeah both fed off the same socket. I have two screens both are the same but is only happening on one screen!

its obviously some electrical issue, try to plug in the fridge elsewhere and just see if the issue is gone, then rule out the extention lead by replacing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

It's prob the jolt in power that kicks in when the fridge comes on that's cause the comp screen to go off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Overloading of the socket?

• Advertisement

Well I was looking at it thinking it might be overloaded, which had me worried as it should trip the switch in the fuse box. After looking at it, the screen doesn't actually turn off, it's like the display loses it signal. Would it be EM interference with the screen or something, it's hard to figure it out, everything else in the room is fine.

As suggested might try moving it around the room.

I am impressed by the fridge so far, good to have the beers close!

As for noise it can make little noise when the motor kicks in but other than that it's fairly unnoticeable and most easily worth 105€ with the discount. Also the pictures on the Argos site don't do it justice it's actually quite big as in you'd easily store, 10 or so 2 liters of milk in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

MOVED TO CONSUMER ISSUES (PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MOVE ACCORDINGLY).

TheDriver wrote: »
    MOVED TO CONSUMER ISSUES (PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MOVE ACCORDINGLY).

Thanks Driver, apologies I thought the title said (Chat) when it said No Chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's no consumer issue here that I can see. This is really more of an Electrical issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I had the same issue with the same fridge and a TV when they were connected to the same outlet. Not sure if it was power or interference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement