Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin product advice for clogged skin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Thanks - any recommendations on where to purchase Dermalogica cheaply?
    Does it matter which Image moisturiser I look at?

LexieOnRale has recommended an image cleanser and Dermalogica can be bought from beauticians or online.

Yes it matters what moisturiser you use as they do different things.

It might be better to make an appointment somewhere that sells either of these products and they will explain what you need and how to use them.
    You'll be able to find places near you online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi all,

Well, I'm getting good results now with the Pixie tonic. I also think that washing my face with a facecloth has helped remove the dirt and grime.

I didn't get around to purchasing a cleanser or moisturiser. Looked at the Image stuff and the LRP but didn't know what to get. Will need some help with this bit.

All I need now is something for my receding hairline :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sophia S.

Hey funkey_monkey,

You might try using a cream with at least 3% green tea extract. According to at least one scientific study, using green tea cream can reduce skin oil production by up to 60% within 8 weeks of use.

I came across this when researching about acne treatments, but I would think that less sebum production would mean less blackheads as well. Maybe something to check out. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the reply :)

I was looking in a shop at the LRP range and could not figure out what I needed. Plus I can't find a decent source for Dermalogica, as I liked their active moist.

What creams do you use that have green tea extract?

You might try something like St. Ives Green Tea Blackhead Clearing Face Scrub. Look for the ingredient Camellia Sinensis in the ingredients. That's the name for the plant that green tea comes from.

Here's a good article about how green tea helps with oily skin and related issues

https://www.acneauthority.org/green-tea-for-acne

• Advertisement

Sophia S. wrote: »
    You might try something like St. Ives Green Tea Blackhead Clearing Face Scrub. Look for the ingredient Camellia Sinensis in the ingredients. That's the name for the plant that green tea comes from.

Here's a good article about how green tea helps with oily skin and related issues

https://www.acneauthority.org/green-tea-for-acne
    Also, you can go to https://www.acne.org/reviews and search for "green tea". Their are a bunch of green tea products reviewed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I changed my skincare routine a few months ago as I was seeing increased spots around my chin. I use a warm facecloth to clean morning and night, followed by products from the Ordinary range. And my skin has never felt better. I love the simplicity of the Ordinary range, and have found their Salicylic acid and Niacinamide with Zinc very effective at keeping my skin blemish free.

I honestly think though that the simplicity and effectiveness of a warm facecloth is hugely underestimated. I’ve never ever liked using cleansing creams and lotions, just water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

OP, I originally suggested Pixi glow tonic to you, I've since upgraded to Lactic Acid Serum by the ordinary (5%) and I much prefer it, you only need it every other night and it feels more gentle then Pixi.

A facial steamer can also help, I bought a cheap one in Lidl and add a few drops of tea tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

dudara wrote: »
    I changed my skincare routine a few months ago as I was seeing increased spots around my chin. I use a warm facecloth to clean morning and night, followed by products from the Ordinary range. And my skin has never felt better. I love the simplicity of the Ordinary range, and have found their Salicylic acid and Niacinamide with Zinc very effective at keeping my skin blemish free.

I honestly think though that the simplicity and effectiveness of a warm facecloth is hugely underestimated. I’ve never ever liked using cleansing creams and lotions, just water.

I agree with Dudara, although I do have to double cleanse at night as I wear makeup and spf so use an oil cleanser and follow with a light gel or foam cleanser but just use water and warm facecloth in morning. The ordinary serums are brilliant and so reasonably priced compared to salon products.

I know somebody said earlier in thread not to worry about difference in acids I.e. in glycolic aha vs salicylic acid bha and you are using the pixi but I would really suggest for your issues of blocked enlarged pores sticking to the bha as that’s what it specifically for and the aha is really more targeted at dry skin and pigmentation issues which don’t sound like your main issues.

I use the paula’s choice 2% BHA it is the best product I have ever used in terms of improving my congested skin and has got rid of all my blackheads within 3 months after having them for 18 years plus. I was shocked by how good it was. So maybe just swap it with pixi for a while just to see cam you improve on your already great results?

Thanks - just bought my second bottle of Pixi so I'll try that one when I finish this.
    Any recommendations for a moisturiser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Any recommendations for blind pimples or deep set acne?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

jeonahr wrote: »
    Any recommendations for blind pimples or deep set acne?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057899303/1/#post107729190

Just got back to looking at this as my current moisturiser has come to an end.

Sophia - in relation to the Green Tea extract - i can only find: https://www.facetheory.com/products/supergel-moisturiser-m3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0dvk0rKx3QIVKrvtCh3O6wA3EAQYAiABEgIcrvD_BwE

I'm getting great results with the facecloth, but I'm noticing that my skin does not have a great appearance to it otherwise. I could go to my local 'mens grooming' saloon but I think they have quite a high turnover of therapists and I think they are brand limited too in what they can recommend.

The painted ladies in Boot's are uber intimidating and I'd be too embarrassed to ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 monisiak6

Hi,

I hope this is the correct subforum.

I'm male and approaching 40. I've always had issues with clogged pores and blackheads.

My 'routine' is currently to splash some warm water on my face in the morning followed by Bulldog anti-aging mosituriser.
    Every second day I'd use a daily scrub as I find them very harsh for daily use. I've tried face washes but I find they seem to increase the amount of clogged pores.
    I've got Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Charcoal face mask which I use every 1 - 2 weeks.

I was recommended some Dermalogica products (Active Moist and Dermal Clay Cleanser) a number of years ago from a friend who was a beautican, but got out of the way of using them.

Would they still be the best for me or what should I be doing to improve my skincare?

Is there anything I can do to remove the blackheads and clogged pores? I was previously recommended Aztec Healing Indian Clay on here, but I'm now wondering about a 'total' solution for a skincare routine as I'm getting older and looking to consider everything.
    I don't mind going to Dermalogica type prices if the product is genuinely worth it and necessary.

Thanks.

Have a look at francis soap shop they have dreat range for acne skin . They based in Galway and Dublin and they will launch online shop too . Savon noir face wash with eucalyptus is a game changer. ;) all cosmetics are natural so no harm to your skin too

Advertisement