Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre access - Eircom vs Openeir

Options
  • 28-04-2017 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

We are existing Eircom phone customers. We access this service on the same telephone pole as three neighbours.
    Three neighbours have received fibre via junction box on same pole. Checked our Eircode on openeir eircode lookup and says its not available but shows the cable passing our door.

- Asked Openeir technician who was installing for neighbour - he said we should be able to get.
    - Phoned Eircom - said it was up to Openeir.
    - Phoned Openeir - they said they cannot talk to the public.

How can I identify if this is a technical is a technical issue or an admin (line on a map) issue?

Any guidance appreciated!

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi rushej,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In regards to your neighbours being eligible, this can be due to your local cabinet or exchange having no more free ports or you may be connected to a separate cabinet. 

Each line is individual and can carry different speeds and capability.

Unfortunately, fibre is subject to availability and I'm afraid we would be unable to guarantee fibre to every customer.

If you would like to PM me your full name, account number and eircode I would be more than happy to look into this further.

Thanks,
    Anna 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rushej

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi rushej

In regards to your neighbours being eligible, this can be due to your local cabinet or exchange having no more free ports or you may be connected to a separate cabinet. 

Unfortunately, fibre is subject to availability and I'm afraid we would be unable to guarantee fibre to every customer.

If you would like to PM me your full name, account number and eircode I would be more than happy to look into this further.

Thanks,
    Anna 
    Hi Anna,

Requested details PMed. 
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

rushej wrote: »
    eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi rushej

Thanks,
    Anna 
    Hi Anna,

Requested details PMed. 
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    john
    Hi rushej, 

I will pass this onto Anna for you. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne

Advertisement