Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why won't BoI online accept an EBS BIC?

Options
  • 28-04-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Why can't I find the EBS BIC on your (chronic) BIC/IBAN finder, that won't find BICs? WHY oh WHY don't you have a helpline that I can phone? I can't wait the 9 hrs here or the 1-2 working days to respond to queries online.

This is really bad customer service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Why can't I find the EBS BIC on your (chronic) BIC/IBAN finder, that won't find BICs? WHY oh WHY don't you have a helpline that I can phone? I can't wait the 9 hrs here or the 1-2 working days to respond to queries online.

Hi JuliusCaesar,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You will need to contact EBS directly to get the details you need to use when adding EBS as a payee on your account.

Thanks,

Tara C 

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

EBSIIE2DSDD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

EBSIIE2DSDD
    I HAVE the BIC. But when I enter it into the website, it comes up as 'not valid'.  I never said I didn't have it; of course I RANG EBS for it; I can phone EBS.  The title says it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning, 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty adding a payee.  We would first suggest to check the IBAN and BIC using this link. Once this has been confirmed, please remember when entering the IBAN and BIC that you'll need to omit any symbols or spaces. 

If you're still unable to add the payee after this, you can send a secure message via the Service Desk or call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to assist you with this. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Advertisement