Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Action Cabot Finance

• 28-04-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm wondering if anyone has ever taken Cabot Financial to Court over how harassment which was ongoing whilst agreed repayments were being made?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sounds nasty. What did they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

That's Cabot's game

Once you realize that and take no notice ,not worth the bother of legal action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Would talking to a solicitor help? They could draft a letter and it may help. If you agreed to a repayment plan and are sticking to it then they should leave you alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cinders79

I had a loan which was sold onto Cabot I made all agreed repayments by physically going into the bank tellers some payments were received by Cabot and others weren't. I have receipts for all payments. I was phoned on numerous occasions even though I had given instructions not to be contact by phone only in writing. There was over €1100s worth of payments they said they didn't receive and were left in a holding account, they passed my account to Belgard and I was threatened with legal action twice even though the agreement wasn't broken. When I complained to Cabot they upheld nearly all of my complaints and recovered the missing payments from their holding account and offered to write the financial monthly payment off my account which i didnt accept. Now that I have cleared my loan in full I want to take it further. They've tried to blame the bank were I made the payments directly too each month for not referencing the payments correctly and the bank that sold my loan onto them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

cinders79 wrote: »
    I had a loan which was sold onto Cabot I made all agreed repayments by physically going into the bank tellers some payments were received by Cabot and others weren't. I have receipts for all payments. I was phoned on numerous occasions even though I had given instructions not to be contact by phone only in writing. There was over €1100s worth of payments they said they didn't receive and were left in a holding account, they passed my account to Belgard and I was threatened with legal action twice even though the agreement wasn't broken. When I complained to Cabot they upheld nearly all of my complaints and recovered the missing payments from their holding account and offered to write the financial monthly payment off my account which i didnt accept. Now that I have cleared my loan in full I want to take it further. They've tried to blame the bank were I made the payments directly too each month for not referencing the payments correctly and the bank that sold my loan onto them.

Cinders I am not surprised at all by what happened but you are right yhou should not have been treated like this. I have helped others on Boards and am happy to help you too and I don't charge for this. Usually Cabot back off based on oujr approach but in this case I think you should go for answers and compensation for what happened. Happy to help if you PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Bigmamma13

Alig123aileen is an angel when it comes to dealing with these guys...gave us amazing help and advice..can't be thanked enuf ..make an outstanding Judge ...thanks Aileen for all your help x

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wasphead

Hi Cinders, it would be nice to see Cabot being harrassed. You could look for compensation for the unwarranted harrrassment. You could complain to the FSO (Financial Services Ombudsman) If Cabot don't respond appropriately. The FSO can make a judgement and award compensation too. Personnally I'd go after the original Bank who sold your debt to Cabot. They sold it to a company who operate to such a low standard, knowingly exposing you to harrassment and effectively bullying tactics. They have a duty of care to you.
    Or you could just let it lie and be glad you are done with them.
    Alig123aileen will indeed offer good advice on how to approach these financial scumbags.

Wasphead

Advertisement