Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fibre install want to keep existing copper line seperate

Options
  • 28-04-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

I recently placed an order for FTTH.

There appears to be some confusion.

There is an existing copper line with a broadband connection via vodafone. For various boring reasons this line is under contract to vodafone under another name.. I do not want to have this line taken over by Eir. I want that left as is and a new fiber connection installed.

Can you please clarify is that is possible ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi knipex,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Usually, if there is an active phone line in your home with another provider we would be unable to install an eir line.

I would recommend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 600 and they will be able to advise you of all your options at the address.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi knipex,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Usually, if there is an active phone line in your home with another provider we would be unable to install an eir line.

I would recommend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 600 and they will be able to advise you of all your options at the address.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna

They took the order and initially told me they wouldn't need to take over the line.. However at the end the told me they would be taking it over. It was slightly confusing.

There will have to be a new fiber line installed so I am struggling to understand why it matters if the copper in even exists let alone who manages it..

If Eir take over the lien then the person who's name the line is in will get stung for a large early exit charge plus loose their internet, alarm monitoring and IP CCTV.. I want to be 1000% sure that this does not happen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement