Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel Dp55Wg board and R9 280x

Options
  • 28-04-2017 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello,

~~~~~~~~~~
    Background info
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I have just bought an r9 280x for a spare pc I have.

It used to have an r9 270x and worked fine.

I uninstalled the r9 270x and put in the r9 280x.

Once I try to boot the pc it gets stuck on the splash screen and says "5A" on the bottom right of the screen. It also reads error code "Eb" or"E6" on the motherboard itself.

Once its on the splash screen the pc locks up and I cant access anything or get into the os. (cant access bios etc)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    What I have tried
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reinstalling the r9 270x - Pc works fine

Trying the r9 280x in another pc - It works fine

Swapping out ram - made no difference

Unplugging and uninstalling EVERYTHING (so basically bread boarding) - to no avail, it still doesn't like the 280x.

~~~~~~~~~
    Full PC Specs
    ~~~~~~~~

Mobo : Intel DP55WG
    Ram : 8gb ddr3 (2x2gb, 1x4gb)
    Cpu: i5 750 (stock cooler)
    Psu: Evga 500w
    Gpu : Varies - r9 270x, r9 280x, gtx 760
    Other stuff like hdd optical drive etc doesn't matter

~~~~~~
    Additional info
    ~~~~~~~
    I have tried to flash the bios to the latest version but it just so happens I am already on the latest version!

Reset the cmos through the batter, the button on the back, the jumper and from the bios.

I would really appreciate any kind of help on trying to get it working as its a really nice card that fits beautifully in the case.

Thanks.

Advertisement