Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Cycling Events

Options
  • 28-04-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Are there any family cycle events 5-10K suitable for youngsters?

They are not safe on the road yet. I did a closed road 5K with them last year and they loved it, especially with loads of people there. It was a one-off event though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

flatface wrote: »
    Are there any family cycle events 5-10K suitable for youngsters?

They are not safe on the road yet. I did a closed road 5K with them last year and they loved it, especially with loads of people there. It was a one-off event though.

Some sportives, including the An Post Series I think, offer short 5/10km family loops.

A trip to one of the three major greenways would offer a full day of off-road cycling for the entire family: Great Western Greenway (Mayo), Waterford Greenway, and Athlone-Mullingar are all complete now.

Keep an eye out for events during Bikeweek in June too. I think there will be a few family-orientated events organised that week.

http://www.bikeweek.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

There you go you'll have to get them out tommorrow
    http://www.tourofsligo.ie/how-to-enter/

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,447 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How old are your kids and where are you based? CI have their Sprocket Rocket programme aimed at youngsters and usually put on a family event (probably as part of the bikeweek events already mentioned) in the Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Thanks for the info all, I hadn't thought that the sportifs would often do a family length. They are 5 and 7 so don't have the legs or (more likely) the patience for much longer than 10K but they liked the atmosphere of the previous event so I want to encourage them out.

Will definitely do the greenways at some stage.

Advertisement