Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Auto and Bluetooth on IONIQ

• 28-04-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi all
    So i have first thing which is annoying me and I am yet to figure out what causes it.
    I have same IONIQ as unkel. Have Android phone HTC M8s.
    When I connect USB and confirm "Yes" on prompt to allow car to connect to phone - Android Auto launches on phone and in split second Android Auto option is available on cars infotainment too.
    Few things are happening and I'd like people to help me here.
    First - Bluetooth option on car's infotainment goes inactive (you cannot go in to that menu anymore)
    Second - sometimes, and now it's more times not working than working - i am unable to make or receive calls using Android Auto. Menu says phone​ not connected via Bluetooth - but it is connected to car when I check on phone settings. However there is one thing there which I think causes it. When I go to properties of IONIQ Bluetooth connection I can see that out of 3 ticks only two are ticked and one is not. The one not ticked is Car's audio (first one).

Please help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Could you disable Android Auto and just let the standard bluetooth connection talk to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

mordeith wrote: »
    Could you disable Android Auto and just let the standard bluetooth connection talk to the car?

Yes, this way works, but only if I'd unpair now, delete entry on car. Wait. Pair it again and simply use phone via car menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

Have you updated your phone to Android 6.0 ?
    If not, it could make a big difference in compatibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I tried Android auto on an old phone (Android 6) and it was working fine (didn't make or receive calls though), but I found Android auto over hyped and having to plug it in is a bit 2009. I've switched back to my normal phone (Lumia 950XL) and just use standard bluetooth connection for talking / playing music / wifi access point (the kids love this as they can piggy back on my phone to do their youtube / snapchat / whatsapp / whatever :p). Works grand, my phone devours battery doing this but who cares while it is being wireless charged in the Ioniq :)

niallb wrote: »
    Have you updated your phone to Android 6.0 ?
    If not, it could make a big difference in compatibility.

Thanks for answering. I have 6.0.1 version of Android.

For the time being I might just use Bluetooth to talk and stream music, but having WhatsApp, messenger, Google Maps and voice commands is very handy. You can also zoom by pinching on the screen which is awkward feeling alone.

I'd like to see if someone else has similar issue. With time I think I will spot what causes it, as it's working OK few days and then suddenly bam, no phone via Android Auto.

• Advertisement

Quick update on this, in case someone is following.

I have changed USB cable from a short one I had to a longer, different brand - did not have a single drop with a Bluetooth yet. So fingers crossed it was caused by dodgy USB. Not sure how though, as BT connection IS NOT using USB to use Phone Service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Could be dodgy shielding with the other USB cable? Or maybe just coincidental that it's behaving now? I find Bluetooth a bit temperamental between my HTC One M8 and my Prius (often one end will decide not to connect, etc.), but I'm using an unstable OS (Lineage OS) which probably isn't helping...

One thing I would recommend (if you're not already doing this) is to just leave Bluetooth turned on, on your phone - the battery consumption when it's not connected to another device is insignificant in my experience, and makes things a lot easier when getting in the car (assuming they're behaving).

Yes, I am leaving my BT always On now

I will keep monitoring all of this for future and report back. So far it's been over a week no lost BT connection

Advertisement