Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Amazing 12 - My experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

JJayoo wrote: »
    I hate these results pictures, stand at the right angle, use the right lighting,filter the **** out of it and make it black and white.

Shouldn't have to manipulate pictures

4. Other people. Most people were really supportive of my endeavour. But some people just want you to fail, for whatever reason. There's always some prick waving a donut in your face or trying to mock your efforts. My hack: Well, for the most part, I didn't tell people what I was doing. Couldn't hide it in work cos I went straight from the gym to work in the mornings but, as much as possible, I tried to avoid talking to much to people who tried to tear me down. I don't need that shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Critical thought not welcome on this thread only back slapping, don't mention the war i.e. short term fixes, franchise fitness, posed photos etc..,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Not sure how you can be offended by my comment, I was making a general statement about before and after pics which programmes like the amazing 12 use to get business.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Not sure how you can be offended by my comment, I was making a general statement about before and after pics which programmes like the amazing 12 use to get business.

Not offended in the least, I just think there's probably more you could add to the conversation than "Here's something I don't like". I actually agree and disagree on your sentiment, at varying degrees.

Not offended in the least, I just think there's probably more you could add to the conversation than "Here's something I don't like". I actually agree and disagree on your sentiment, at varying degrees.

In hindsight, I probably jumped the gun a little on this. I've been actively defending my choices for the last 14 weeks or so (in real life, not here) and it's pretty easy to become weary when in that position. I didn't mean to come across like I was shutting you down, so apologies for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

These things have been done to death here. I don't think anyone us under any illusion that the before pictures aren't helped and the afters are but I don't think you can dispute the results.

Is it worth €1500? Depends what you value. Plenty will say no but obviously it was well worth it to NW and you can't question that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't think he's criticizing your choice to the the A12. But more the marketing techniques used in the after shots.
    To be honest, I don't have a huge problem with those "tricks". You want to get the best possible photo as a momento, they are part of that.
    But I do dislike the fact that there no comparable before/after to show progress. Keep the processed shot, but just add another normal shot afterwards to shoe progress. I doubt it would show anything other than fantastic progress you made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

After looking through a collection of their before and afters I can't help but think it seems to be about getting your body fat as low as possible. Which for some people - I won't go linking the images but you can see for yourself - is so low that their faces look like they just came stumbling out of a concentration camp (not exaggerating for at least two of them on the webpage).

What's the point of a six pack if your face looks like you're a stiff breeze away from death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

three questions (as someone who has seen this advertising in the lifting gym i go too)
    1: do you have to do the water loading and depletion for the after photos?
    2: im assuming from the photos ive seen most people use A12 as a boost to an already solid training plan, ie: its only 12 weeks so you need to be pretty lean to begin with. no 4-5 stone weight lost needed
    3: is it maintainable or does it drop off after a few days/weeks? ie is it a long term thing, like are the abs staying around

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't think he's criticizing your choice to the the A12. But more the marketing techniques used in the after shots.
    To be honest, I don't have a huge problem with those "tricks". You want to get the best possible photo as a momento, they are part of that.
    But I do dislike the fact that there no comparable before/after to show progress. Keep the processed shot, but just add another normal shot afterwards to shoe progress. I doubt it would show anything other than fantastic progress you made

I've plenty of other shots that aren't posed or what have you. They look great! Obviously gonna use the professional shots more cos they're posed to show as much muscularity as possible. You're 100% right though.
    Zillah wrote: »
    After looking through a collection of their before and afters I can't help but think it seems to be about getting your body fat as low as possible. Which for some people - I won't go linking the images but you can see for yourself - is so low that their faces look like they just came stumbling out of a concentration camp (not exaggerating for at least two of them on the webpage).

What's the point of a six pack if your face looks like you're a stiff breeze away from death?

Again, your goals aren't gonna be compatible with everyone else's. If their pictures are there, it's cos they're happy with how they looked. For some people, it was absolutely about getting their bf% as low as possible. For some in my group, it was about getting bigger. For some it was about getting in shape after a few years slacking off.
    three questions (as someone who has seen this advertising in the lifting gym i go too)
    1: do you have to do the water loading and depletion for the after photos?
    2: im assuming from the photos ive seen most people use A12 as a boost to an already solid training plan, ie: its only 12 weeks so you need to be pretty lean to begin with. no 4-5 stone weight lost needed
    3: is it maintainable or does it drop off after a few days/weeks? ie is it a long term thing, like are the abs staying around

1. No. Everything is a choice. Some people did the water manipulation, some didn't bother, some didn't bother doing photos at all.
    2. I can't speak for everyone but there were at least 2 people in my group who had never lifted before. I certainly wasn't lean in the slightest, though I have been lifting for about 5-6 years. There was no one in my group with 5-6 stone to lose anyway.
    3. My abs are in tact but obviously I need to keep training; you don't just get abs for life out of it. But I got down to 67.1kg and, after getting back to 'normal' life, I'm sticking around at about 68.5-69.5kg, which is better than I'd hoped for going in. So yeah, sustainable if you stay consistent, which not everyone will. It's a tough program; not everyone got to the end of it so it really comes down to the individual.

• Advertisement

. I can't speak for everyone but there were at least 2 people in my group who had never lifted before. I certainly wasn't lean in the slightest, though I have been lifting for about 5-6 years. There was no one in my group with 5-6 stone to lose anyway.

so do you agree or no? that this isnt a plan for dealing with a significant amount of weight to lose that its more about getting to the lowest body fat you can and get edited photos out of?
    like i said i go to a gym where they do it, ive seen people get seriously ripped, none of those people are in the same state 3-4 or more months after. is it essentially a tool to get some nice moody photos and abs?
    from what you say above it looks like you dropped around 5kgs?  do you feel you could have done that without the A12?
    i get it you wanted abs and to get stronger but i dunno so much is put into the abs and the mood lighting and the oiled up body's id does set an unrealistic expectation for alot of people. i wonder if i was to rock up to the gym and say hey i have 10 stone to lose obviously not in 12 weeks but can i go a moody photo shoot after would they allow it? for 1500 youd be better off investing in something long term that doesnt leave you looking like another poster said a breath away from death.

it just seems very extreme to me.

from what you say above it looks like you dropped around 5kgs?  do you feel you could have done that without the A12?
    i get it you wanted abs and to get stronger but i dunno so much is put into the abs and the mood lighting and the oiled up body's id does set an unrealistic expectation for alot of people. i wonder if i was to rock up to the gym and say hey i have 10 stone to lose obviously not in 12 weeks but can i go a moody photo shoot after would they allow it? for 1500 youd be better off investing in something long term that doesnt leave you looking like another poster said a breath away from death.

I dropped 10.1kgs. In general, I am back around 68.5kg and, on days where I did at a load of cake, i go up to around 69.5kg. Which would be 7.7kg loss from where I started to where I'd now be on a bloated day. There was not only fat loss but significant muscle gain.

If you read my first post, you'll see that no, I was not able to achieve this on my own. I don't really give a shít about other people's expectations of abs and strength; I did A12 for myself not for anyone else's expectations. Pretty sure I don't look anywhere near "a breath away from death". Actually never been as fit or healthy as I am now.

I dropped 10.1kgs. In general, I am back around 68.5kg and, on days where I did at a load of cake, i go up to around 69.5kg. Which would be 7.7kg loss from where I started to where I'd now be on a bloated day. There was not only fat loss but significant muscle gain.

If you read my first post, you'll see that no, I was not able to achieve this on my own. I don't really give a shít about other people's expectations of abs and strength; I did A12 for myself not for anyone else's expectations. Pretty sure I don't look anywhere near "a breath away from death".  Actually never been as fit or healthy as I am now.
    dude honestly its not a personal attack... i did mention another poster said a few of the women looked like that, and from the photos ive seen in my own place i can say the same. but my point is most people need to be leanish or at least 'normal' size to begin with. ie theres not many fatties rolling around doing it which makes it very inaccessible. I jsut wanted your thoughts on it thats all.

dude honestly its not a personal attack... i did mention another poster said a few of the women looked like that, and from the photos ive seen in my own place i can say the same. but my point is most people need to be leanish or at least 'normal' size to begin with. ie theres not many fatties rolling around doing it which makes it very inaccessible. I jsut wanted your thoughts on it thats all.

Honestly, I don't know what the criteria for signing up is. Like I wasn't lean in the least but I certainly didn't have 5 stone to lose so I dunno what the story would have been if I had... you may indeed be right though, maybe they don't take people who are out of shape to a certain degree. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. I think 18 people signed up at the start and only about half that were there for photos in the end. It was about 80% male at the start but by the end there was only one woman left. So that'll give you an idea of the drop-off rate. So I dunno, maybe getting people who are of a certain weight on the program would be unrealistic. What I do know is I had to meet with them first to discuss my goals, capabilities etc so maybe thy screen that way and don't take people on board if the 12 week thing is unrealistic.

i wonder if i was to rock up to the gym and say hey i have 10 stone to lose obviously not in 12 weeks but can i go a moody photo shoot after would they allow it? for 1500 youd be better off investing in something long term that doesnt leave you looking like another poster said a breath away from death
    If somebody as 10 stone to lose. They need to overhaul their whole life for the maybe 2 years, not a 12 week program. It's realistically going to cost them a lot more that €1500 too.
    If somebody that size came to them I'd imagine they could offer traditional PT services to suit their needs.

I don't think not being suitable for people who have that kind of weight to lose is a valid criticism. A lot of things aren't going to be suitable.

i wonder if i was to rock up to the gym and say hey i have 10 stone to lose obviously not in 12 weeks but can i go a moody photo shoot after would they allow it? for 1500 youd be better off investing in something long term that doesnt leave you looking like another poster said a breath away from death
    If somebody as 10 stone to lose. They need to overhaul their whole life for the maybe 2 years, not a 12 week program. It's realistically going to cost them a lot more that €1500 too.
    If somebody that size came to them I'd imagine they could offer traditional PT services to suit their needs.

I don't think not being suitable for people who have that kind of weight to lose is a valid criticism. A lot of things aren't going to be suitable.
    wheres the criticism? no need to get your knickers in a twist coz you dont know that deep fat frying something makes it more calorific mate ;-)

i was simply making the point that their pictures are also their ads... and a person who lost two stone and 10 inches in the 12 weeks but is still fat at the end of it isnt going to be an advert like the OP's photos are... and its alot of money to pay, my post did also say investing in something long term would be better, but you must have missed that eh?
    the pics in my gym are all over the place, big pop ups in the corners etc. and while some of them look amazing, a few of them look unwell.

What is on offer is a bikini competition, fitness model type template so of course they don't want overweight people who won't achieve the promo photo at the end. Most of those folks who do those contests don't maintain that kind of body out of prep and go on a bulk for a while before cutting. It's not sustainable in that sense.

wheres the criticism? no need to get your knickers in a twist coz you dont know that deep fat frying something makes it more calorific mate ;-)
    Saying it's "theres not many fatties rolling around doing it which makes it very inaccessible" is a criticism. Not everything is suitable for everyone.
    People who are morbidly obese go on liquid VLC diets, baritric treatments etc. They aren't suitable for people with a little weight to lose. But no less weight.

The passive aggressive comment about chicken is frankly bizarre. I've no idea why you are so salty. Hangry today?
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    What is on offer is a bikini competition, fitness model type template so of course they don't want overweight people who won't achieve the promo photo at the end. Most of those folks who do those contests don't maintain that kind of body out of prep and go on a bulk for a while before cutting. It's not sustainable in that sense.

I've no idea what their screening process is, nor do I care. But there's nothing stopping them running a similar program with somebody overweight, and simply not using the promo photo at the end. Why turn away business. I imagine the PTs have lots of other hours in the day to fill with clients.

Somebody who is very overweight has a higher capacity to burn fat. So they could likely achieve greater total losses in 12 weeks. Somebody losing 36lbs in 12 weeks is impressive (to me at least), regardless of whether they look like a fitness model or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

@nervous wreck,
    I'm curious, you lost 7kg weight, gained a lot muscle and did all this on a deficit id imagine?
    You're not a newbie to lifting yourself, so how did you gain muscle when you didn't eat a calorie surplus?

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    @nervous wreck,
    I'm curious, you lost 7kg weight, gained a lot muscle and did all this on a deficit id imagine?
    You're not a newbie to lifting yourself, so how did you gain muscle when you didn't eat a calorie surplus?

If you mean practically, I trained my balls off, only ate what I was told and got.plenty of rest. If you mean scientifically, I really don't know I'm afraid.I've never been a believer in the "you can't build muscle while on a deficit" school of thought (I think people saying this are often conflating muscle with mass) but, although I've plenty of practical lifting experience, my actual knowledge of the science behind all of it isn't great (which is why this kind of training suits me).

If you mean practically, I trained my balls off, only ate what I was told and got.plenty of rest. If you mean scientifically, I really don't know I'm afraid.I've never been a believer in the "you can't build muscle while on a deficit" school of thought (I think people saying this are often conflating muscle with mass) but, although I've plenty of practical lifting experience, my actual knowledge of the science behind all of it isn't great (which is why this kind of training suits me).

I'm not doubting the effort you put on for a second. I'm just confused by muscle gain and calorie intake.

I'm not doubting the effort you put on for a second. I'm just confused by muscle gain and calorie intake.

No, I didn't take it that way at all, I just don't fully understand the science of it to give a proper answer! I don't think muscle gain is dependant on a calorie surplus (at least to the extent that people often believe) if you're not building a lot of mass... but I dunno... That's my limited experience...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I heard today that you've to sign a contract so you don't give away the program?

No, I didn't take it that way at all, I just don't fully understand the science of it to give a proper answer! I don't think muscle gain is dependant on a calorie surplus (at least to the extent that people often believe) if you're not building a lot of mass... but I dunno... That's my limited experience...!

It'd be interesting to find out cause I always believed muscle gain wasn't possible on a deficit. Unless newbie gains are involved, but you were well past that stage

eire1 wrote: »
    I heard today that you've to sign a contract so you don't give away the program?

I havw no idea but I'd pretty much have expected that to be the case and it's fair enough.

• Advertisement

eire1 wrote: »

I didn't sign anything except an insurance waiver. I wouldn't give it away out of principle though.

It'd be interesting to find out cause I always believed muscle gain wasn't possible on a deficit. Unless newbie gains are involved, but you were well past that stage

I did similar in Revfit a few years ago. I'd believed same until then too!

I remember Eric Helms discussing it on Omar Isuf's channel a few months back. IIRC part of it was due to timing of caloric intake, ie being in short-lived surpus/deficit across the course of a day - where your daily intake might be a deficit - when you consider intake on a microscale.

I could be disremembering that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

The best way to look like you gained a load of muscle is to lose a pile of fat.

I think it's pretty clear that you don't build muscle in a deficit. I mean even with a decent surplus how much would you build in 12 weeks? I think if you did 3 kg max you'd be doing really well.

being in short-lived surpus/deficit across the course of a day - where your daily intake might be a deficit - when you consider intake on a microscale.

I was thinking about this myself recently. If I generate the most muscle gains during the first X hours after a workout (whatever X is, I dunno, 6 hours? 10 hours? 12?), then it seems reasonable to eat a surplus during X, and then remain in deficit until the next workout. If it's carefully timed it seems reasonable that you could effectively be doing the normal bulk/cut cycle, just on an extremely short cycle.

My gut reaction was to say that the body will refuse to shift gear so abruptly and instead will average it all out.

Just musing, though; I don't really know.

The best way to look like you gained a load of muscle is to lose a pile of fat.

Yeah, it's obvious from the photos that Nervous Wreck was carrying a lot of extra weight in the 'before'. He also said he had been lifting for a few years already, so there could (should) have been a lot of muscle hiding beneath the bodyfat. It's hard to guess how much was just hiding and how much was actually gained.

This image always stuck in my memory:
    XsCUz.png

Powerlifters look a hell of a lot stronger when they cut - they just rarely cut because they don't care about appearance.

• Advertisement

Powerlifters look a hell of a lot stronger when they cut - they just rarely cut because they don't care about appearance.

And also because it impedes proformance.

But mostly because they don't care and like cake.

I was thinking about this myself recently. If I generate the most muscle gains during the first X hours after a workout (whatever X is, I dunno, 6 hours? 10 hours? 12?), then it seems reasonable to eat a surplus during X, and then remain in deficit until the next workout. If it's carefully timed it seems reasonable that you could effectively be doing the normal bulk/cut cycle, just on an extremely short cycle.

My gut reaction was to say that the body will refuse to shift gear so abruptly and instead will average it all out.

Just musing, though; I don't really know.

Here's Eric Helms' take on it:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I reckon most people trainingand dieting their arse off who were in reasonable shape to begin with could cut themselves in 12 weeks to the extent that the OP did.
    Obviously theres a bit of photographic trickery in the second picture so it makes it even less worth 1500 quid to my mind.

Unless you were given some very expensive and prohormonal supplements I can't imagine why it costs so much.

MysticMonk wrote: »
    I reckon most people trainingand dieting their arse off who were in reasonable shape to begin with could cut themselves in 12 weeks to the extent that the OP did.

Then why don't they?

Everything I covered in the 4 years I studied physics is also freely available online. I could have obtained my degree without ever setting foot in a lecture hall, apparently.

The thing is that there isn't really any magic involved only an investment, mentally and with money that helps to motivate someone to train their ass off 5 days a week and stick to rigid nutrition plan.

You could get yourself there without any outlay but that begs the question why so many people who would like to get in that shape don't.

Then why don't they?

Everything I covered in the 4 years I studied physics is also freely available online. I could have obtained my degree without ever setting foot in a lecture hall, apparently.

The thing is that there isn't really any magic involved only an investment, mentally and with money that helps to motivate someone to train their ass off 5 days a week and stick to rigid nutrition plan.

You could get yourself there without any outlay but that begs the question why so many people who would like to get in that shape don't.

Probably because people only have so many hours in the day. If you're working or studying it's not always practical to hit the gym 7 days a week and eat perfectly.
    If you pay for something, anything.. you're probably going to make full use of it and because it's only 12 weeks it's doable.
    Try that the year round and you'd probably damage your health quite a bit.

As for why don't people get in shape?
    I've just given one excuse and most people have plenty more.

Probably because people only have so many hours in the day. If you're working or studying it's not always practical to hit the gym 7 days a week and eat perfectly.
    If you pay for something, anything.. you're probably going to make full use of it and because it's only 12 weeks it's doable.
    Try that the year round and you'd probably damage your health quite a bit.

As for why don't people get in shape?
    I've just given one excuse and most people have plenty more.

OP has a job.

People have plenty of excuses.

Thing is, the OP wanted to do it, invested money, time and a lot of effort and got the results.

When you break it down to a per-session cost it's not expensive.

It always comes back to this: "price is what you pay, value is what you get".

OP has a job.

People have plenty of excuses.

Thing is, the OP wanted to do it, invested money, time and a lot of effort and got the results.

When you break it down to a per-session cost it's not expensive.

It always comes back to this: "price is what you pay, value is what you get".

1500 quid for three months is pretty damned expensive.

It seems almost Tony Quinnish

1500 quid for three months is pretty damned expensive.

It seems almost Tony Quinnish

The Tony Quinn comparison is unfair.

It's 60 sessions.

And you could spend a lot more on a holiday drinking the face off yourself for a week or two.

Comes down to the value someone places in what they want out of 12 weeks of hard graft.

The Tony Quinn comparison is unfair.

It's 60 sessions.

And you could spend a lot more on a holiday drinking the face off yourself for a week or two.

Comes down to the value someone places in what they want out of 12 weeks of hard graft.

Can't argue with that but I'm saying people don't *need* to spend that amount of money if they have the willpower.
    The main proplem is finding time and motivation.

Can't argue with that but I'm saying people don't *need* to spend that amount of money if they have the willpower.

Time and motivation are harder to come by than excuses as well :pac:

Lots of people have all the tools they need to get the same results but more excuses why they can't.

I'm not saying it's the best thing ever but people knock it out of hand. You'd have enough stupid c**ts spending the same amount on the same timeframe on cigarettes amd/or pints and peple are questioning the value of this to someone who weighed up the value to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Sure - its easy... all you need is google and an optional gym membership and everything else will fall right into place because everyones problems, goals and values are the exact same.

I guess thats why most of the people you will ever meet will, by the time they die, have literally spent hundreds of thousands (if not more) and never even come close to looking and feeling as they wanted to.

But sure all you need is time and motivation right?

OP clearly wasted his money doing something he enjoyed and getting exactly what he wanted from it... all while spending a miniscule percentage of his lifetime earnings... what a fool!

Hote="Alf Veedersane;103460812"]Time and motivation are harder to come by than excuses as well :pac:

Lots of people have all the tools they need to get the same results but more excuses why they can't.

I'm not saying it's the best thing ever but people knock it out of hand. You'd have enough stupid c**ts spending the same amount on the same timeframe on cigarettes amd/or pints and peple are questioning the value of this to someone who weighed up the value to them?[/quote]

It basically comes down to a three month cut and a bit of photographic magic in the after pic.

The OP has been training for years,if he stopped and then hit it again with a vengeance he would get a form of newbie gains and the good diet and training would strip the fat pretty quick.
    That wouldn't work with somebody with three stone to lose so in effect it's like a Hollywood 12 week regime with snazzy photo effects.

I'm not having a go at the OP by the way,it's certainly paid off for the hard work you put in.

Hote="Alf Veedersane;103460812"]It basically comes down to a three month cut and a bit of photographic magic in the after pic.

Yup. No change between before and after. Just smoke and mirrors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah, it's obvious from the photos that Nervous Wreck was carrying a lot of extra weight in the 'before'. He also said he had been lifting for a few years already, so there could (should) have been a lot of muscle hiding beneath the bodyfat. It's hard to guess how much was just hiding and how much was actually gained.

This image always stuck in my memory:
    XsCUz.png

Honestly I'd expect the guy in the 'before' pic above to be the stronger human. From watching so many different people lift weight over the past half decade it's fairly clear that "ripped" is fully decoupled from "strong".

Of course they could do it, but in reality they aren't doing it. The not enough time excuse doesn't really work. As Op has a job. And there's lots of people training lots, without those results to show for it.

Out of curiosity, how many days a week do you train?
    I train 6 times on average. All the camera tricks won't give me a 6 pack. But I'm not solely for appearance. So it wouldn't be worth $1500 to me, but if someone is only after aesthetics, I'd say it is worth it.
    Unless you were given some very expensive and prohormonal supplements I can't imagine why it costs so much.
    What do you think is a fair price for a group PT session?
    What about a diet plan with a couple of follow up reviews?
    I don't live in Dublin, so don't know the going rates, but I know they're not free.

I'm not trying to single you out btw. I'm genuinely curious what they'd cost. Anyone is free to hazard a guess.

I don't live in Dublin, so don't know the going rates, but I know they're not free.

I'm not trying to single you out btw. I'm genuinely curious what they'd cost. Anyone is free to hazard a guess.

Well I know a guy with his own gym who charges 150 per month and that includes all the training and personal advice you could ask for.

I've also seen the results of his personal training and it's impressive.

I couldn't afford 150 per month though so I go with my generic gym membership for 40 pm and do my own cardio with cycling and rowing.

Why aren't gyms and PTs and crossfits all over the country offering this program?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Why aren't gyms and PTs and crossfits all over the country offering this program?

I'd imagine because it requires a level of dedication and commitment most people aren't willing to give especially for the up front price point. So you can't just back out if you don't like it.

Well I know a guy with his own gym who charges 150 per month and that includes all the training and personal advice you could ask for.

I couldn't afford 150 per month though so I go with my generic gym membership for 40 pm and do my own cardio with cycling and rowing.
    That's probably the going rate for a good S&C gyms. If you are in Dublin, I've an idea who you are talking about. ;) Definitely good value, but not really the question I was asking. I'm just wondering what a typical PT charges for semi-private sessions, not gym memberships.

If your point is you can get those results for cheaper than 1500. I don't disagree, but that's not what I'm saying. You could get get those results for $0 if you were motivated

• Advertisement

That's probably the going rate for a good S&C gyms. If you are in Dublin, I've an idea who you are talking about. ;) Definitely good value, but not really the question I was asking. I'm just wondering what a typical PT charges for semi-private sessions, not gym memberships.

If your point is you can get those results for cheaper than 1500. I don't disagree, but that's not what I'm saying. You could get get those results for $0 if you were motivated
    i have buddy sessions for a tenner with a friend in cork, so 20 euro for the hour for the two of us, but there is an advance offer that if you pay in advance for a few session its goes as low as 7 euro each.
    ive paid 50 an hour one on one and 15 for a half an hour one on one with different trainers.
    the 15 euro was a 30 minute PT session with a trainer who is focused on rehabbing injuries and the 50 was for someone in their private gym thats only for PT sessions. It varies depending on the work you do, and the experience of the trainer.
    im based in cork.

Advertisement