Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Amazing 12 - My experience

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I'd imagine because it requires a level of dedication and commitment most people aren't willing to give especially for the up front price point. So you can't just back out if you don't like it.

I seems like a few people dropped out of the amazing 12 at any rate. I went to a crossfit gym for a while and people there were full of enthusiasm and dedication, why wouldn't they benefit from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I seems like a few people dropped out of the amazing 12 at any rate. I went to a crossfit gym for a while and people there were full of enthusiasm and dedication, why wouldn't they benefit from it?

I'm not saying they wouldn't I'm just giving some possible reasons it's not more popular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Mellor wrote: »
    That's probably the going rate for a good S&C gyms. If you are in Dublin, I've an idea who you are talking about. ;)

JH? :)
    Definitely good value, but not really the question I was asking. I'm just wondering what a typical PT charges for semi-private sessions, not gym memberships.

I've no idea as I never paid for a PT..i'd imagine they charge according to their following,their credentials and their track record.

If a guy trained champion bodybuilders or powerlifters I'd imagine he can charge whatever he likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why aren't gyms and PTs and crossfits all over the country offering this program?
    If you mean the actual "Amazing 12" program. I seen around 10 around the country when searched facebook. I assume it's trademarked. Same way a gym can't just call itself a Crossfit gym.

But if you mean why don't random PTs run 12 week transformation group training. I'd assume they do. I had an email from Hanley about a group session starting up in Rev Fit soon. I've heard of others too.
    But some PTs would rather just dial it in with a few regular clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MysticMonk wrote: »
    JH? :)
    Yup. That's the one.

With the PTs costs. It's not somethng I've done myself either. But I've see plenty of people in the gym doing 2 a week (or more) with a PT and getting nowhere. Based on the costs above, thats similar to OPs costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

As a member of a Crossfit gym and someone who's been around a couple of different ones, I'd say the vast majority of people attending Crossfit and S & C gyms around the country wouldn't be able for the Amazing 12 as outlined by Nervous Wreck (and Hanley previously). The main part of the bell curve, even in those gyms where people pay ~?150pm on average is 3 sessions a week and inconsistencies in nutritional protocol. 5 intense, hard sessions a week and a dialled in nutritional focus is the preserve of the minority, even in those environments. The difference being, that the minority in that environment are in a place where they can benefit the most from their hard work (assuming it's a good Crossfit / S & C facility) as compared to if they're in a commercial facility with equipment limitations and no programming / technical support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Why aren't gyms and PTs and crossfits all over the country offering this program?
    If you mean the actual "Amazing 12" program. I seen around 10 around the country when searched facebook. I assume it's trademarked. Same way a gym can't just call itself a Crossfit gym.

This would be why, yep.
    Of course they could do it, but in reality they aren't doing it. The not enough time excuse doesn't really work. As Op has a job. And there's lots of people training lots, without those results to show for it.

Out of curiosity, how many days a week do you train?
    I train 6 times on average. All the camera tricks won't give me a 6 pack. But I'm not solely for appearance. So it wouldn't be worth $1500 to me, but if someone is only after aesthetics, I'd say it is worth it.

What do you think is a fair price for a group PT session?
    What about a diet plan with a couple of follow up reviews?
    I don't live in Dublin, so don't know the going rates, but I know they're not free.

I'm not trying to single you out btw. I'm genuinely curious what they'd cost. Anyone is free to hazard a guess.

Agree with this whole post. As I've said, at the start, I reasoned that €1500 was a fair price based on the quick turnaround, cost per session, diet plan, additional support (private Facebook group and 7 day support by text/whatsapp/voxer), group training, accountability, regular check-ins, and the ability to turn off my brain and just follow orders. Now that I'm done with it, I would, and likely will at some point, do it again.

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Well I know a guy with his own gym who charges 150 per month and that includes all the training and personal advice you could ask for.

I've also seen the results of his personal training and it's impressive.

I couldn't afford 150 per month though so I go with my generic gym membership for 40 pm and do my own cardio with cycling and rowing.

I've hired Hanley for PT work and I've been a long-term member of RevFit before. Money well spent and, again, if it wasn't for him moving premises, I'd still be there. He got me a fcukload of strength gains in pretty short timeframes and the atmosphere in RF is great. Easily worth 150pm tbh.

Advertisement