Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome cast

Options
  • 28-04-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me if there is much difference between a google chrome cast and google chrome cast ultra ,can you watch netflicks on both thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭afatbollix

The Ultra has 4K or Ultra HD.

Unless you have fiber and a UHD tv get the normal one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

afatbollix wrote: »
    The Ultra has 4K or Ultra HD.

Unless you have fiber and a UHD tv get the normal one.

You don't need fiber to the home for 4K.

It would also work fine over cable (Virgin) and most VDSL (Eir, Sky, Vodaphone Home, etc.).

Though I largely agree, not much 4k content out there yet. Plus I have to say 4k looks a bit weird, almost hyper realistic. I recently watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars in 4k and they both looked a bit plasticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

bk wrote: »
    You don't need fiber to the home for 4K.

It would also work fine over cable (Virgin) and most VDSL (Eir, Sky, Vodaphone Home, etc.).

Though I largely agree, not much 4k content out there yet. Plus I have to say 4k looks a bit weird, almost hyper realistic. I recently watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars in 4k and they both looked a bit plasticky!

Just wondering how did you see those movies in 4K? Disney have been holding out with their UHD launch

Advertisement