Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I move Dahlias that are just starting to come up?

Options
  • 28-04-2017 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I planted some mini dahlias last year as a border plant in my garden and left the tubulars in hoping they would come back. Happily I can see that they are starting to come back, some green just poking above ground now. However I want to move them as I have a different flower as a border this year. Can I move the Dahlias now or should I wait until they die back again later in the year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you can take up a good spadeful of soil with them and move straight to another planting place there shouldn't be any problem. People start dahlia tubers indoors and plant them out when they are sprouting. Don't forget to water them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

perfect, thanks

Advertisement