Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hogan622

redmond08 wrote: »
    Very nice to meet you all, I'm from Wicklow Town. Hopefully I will be in my house, in Kirvin Hill before the end of the month, so I'll make sure I have plenty of gin and wine for when yous arrive haha :D

Haha thank you! Cant wait! All you neighbours sound great

• Registered Users Posts: 13 newbuyerD

Hogan622 wrote: »
    Haha thank you! Cant wait! All you neighbours sound great

Ditto! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newhomeowner

newbuyerD wrote: »
    Ditto! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Great idea with the Facebook page. Just joined myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redmond08

I'm sure you have seen the builders website, but if you haven't here it is https://www.broomhallestates.com It has the plans etc for your house, so you can plan in advance where you would like to put your furniture etc, but more importantly, your TV haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liliko2609

Liliko2609 wrote: »
    I think, the phase 3 are #93- 86 or even 84, but the phase 2 I can't see to be build for now. So, maybe something has changed. Or that is the plan. ��

Sorry Liliko2609, what do you mean about phase 2? That's where we are if from 19 - 43!

I just can see there current buildings of the front houses. It is possible yours will be later, or I am wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Liliko2609

So, Newbuyer, are you happy with all the details? Especially with the terms?

Which details and terms?

I mean they write the completing time in 36 months, did you see it, or you have it different?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 newbuyerD

I mean they write the completing time in 36 months, did you see it, or you have it different?

I haven’t seen contracts yet but that wording is pretty standard to cover themselves for unexpected issues

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stevieboi2004

I haven’t seen contracts yet but that wording is pretty standard to cover themselves for unexpected issues

Yeah I was going to say the exact same, it’s probably the same across the board with all developments. I’m sure they want to finish the houses as quick as they can since they don’t get paid until we can close and draw down mortgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mmac83

Hi

Has anyone purchased a house in Meadow Gate (The 2nd Phase of The Meadows) in Wicklow town? I am interested in knowing how the information flow has been from the estate agent and the builder?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Croissant17

Hi Mmac,

Is that the phase at the front? We have- information so far has been very slow. Have you heard much regarding a completion date?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Hi Mmac,

Is that the phase at the front? We have- information so far has been very slow. Have you heard much regarding a completion date?

They look almost finished, landscaping the front this week, planting etc. Look good!

Hi

Its not the houses at the front of the estate looking onto marlton road. We have bought one of the houses in the front row beside the creche. We are being told snagging will happen by the end of may. Saying that when we put the deposit last july they were meant to be ready in January!

That's brilliant! We're going on Monday to see them again.

Wow, Mmac, that's a long wait. How have they been with information?

Not good at all. I dont think i have ever got a call with an update or saying it was delayed. The only time i got information was when i chased them. Hopefully we are just there now and we will be in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 oneils23

Glad it’s not just us. Haven’t got one call since deposit paid I have had to chase builder repeatedly. Ridiculous being told a timeframe that was never going to be achieved.

Yes, it's been the same for us. We heard nothing since we put down our deposit. I am surprised to hear they are almost finished.

Well hopefully with a new sherry fitz office taking over on thursday the info may be sent through more frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Helen2019

Hi all. Are meadow Gate covered with help to buy scheme? Many thanks, Helen

Yes Helen they are. Our solicitor claimed the HTB from Revenue and have purchased in Meadow Gate

• Advertisement

oneils23 wrote: »
    Yes Helen they are. Our solicitor claimed the HTB from Revenue and have purchased in Meadow Gate

Thank you very much. I couldn't see Redmond on the list of approved developers from Revenue and became concerned!

I think it is Deero Properties or something like that but the estate agent will confirm

oneils23 wrote: »
    I think it is Deero Properties or something like that but the estate agent will confirm

Wonderful. Thank you again

Waverly seem to be ahead of schedule. Number 1-4 apparently just finished. Said should be well finished by August!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stevieboi2004

2013Lara wrote: »
    Waverly seem to be ahead of schedule. Number 1-4 apparently just finished. Said should be well finished by August!

Hey lara, as in the whole development by August??

Hey lara, as in the whole development by August??

Sorry! First phase. Number 1-4 have their floors etc going in today. 5-6 is plastered and floors kitchen etc to be picked this week. They had originally said August but looks like it might be earlier than that! Flying along.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

2013Lara wrote: »

Builder or Catherine O'Reilly say that?

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Builder or Catherine O'Reilly say that?

Builders :) they were onto my mam today to tell her to go pick her stuff, kitchen flooring etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wicklowtowner

Hi Mmac,

Hi Croissant17 - we have bought at the front too. Have you received contracts yet?? The houses look great. We visited on Friday and everything looks like it's really taking shape.

• Advertisement

Hi Croissant17 - we have bought at the front too. Have you received contracts yet?? The houses look great. We visited on Friday and everything looks like it's really taking shape.[/quote
    Hi Wicklowtowner, we have received contracts but were waiting for contracts for the management company. Apparently these arrived Friday so hopefully we'll be signing next week! The landscaping looks great now- really looking forward to getting in now.

Advertisement