Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wicklowtowner

Hi Croissant17 - we have bought at the front too. Have you received contracts yet?? The houses look great. We visited on Friday and everything looks like it's really taking shape.[/quote
    Hi Wicklowtowner, we have received contracts but were waiting for contracts for the management company. Apparently these arrived Friday so hopefully we'll be signing next week! The landscaping looks great now- really looking forward to getting in now.

We are waiting on contracts but only decided to buy in recent weeks. Sorry this whole process is brand new to me! What are the contracts for the management company? Won't be long now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Croissant17

We are waiting on contracts but only decided to buy in recent weeks. Sorry this whole process is brand new to me! What are the contracts for the management company? Won't be long now! :)

The management company will be managing the parking areas. Can't wait to get in- hope it's quick now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

The management company will be managing the parking areas. Can't wait to get in- hope it's quick now!

Is this for the meadows? My aunt is looking at one. Is there a yearly fee for the maintenance company??

2013Lara wrote: »

Is this for the meadows? My aunt is looking at one. Is there a yearly fee for the maintenance company??

Yes. I think it's just for the front part who share parking. I'm not sure about maintenance, but fees for the management company is 150 euro a year apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Yes. I think it's just for the front part who share parking. I'm not sure about maintenance, but fees for the management company is 150 euro a year apparently.

Thanks for that. It's one at the front she's looking at, one of the terraced houses. 150 a year shouldn't put her off.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. It's one at the front she's looking at, one of the terraced houses. 150 a year shouldn't put her off.

Yep, it seems reasonable enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wicklowtowner

Thanks for clarifying! It makes sense with the lack of driveways!

We are starting our snag in the Meadows on Monday. Anybody know how long it might take from this point to getting keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I read last night that the new builds in Ballinahinch Wood in Ashford were broken into. Kitchen equipment and copper wires were stolen from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lightpause

Is anyone here buying in Waverley Meadow?

We are... 3 bed semi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 stevieboi2004

lightpause wrote: »
    We are... 3 bed semi.

Some of us here have set up a Facebook group for Waverley meadow future residents! Feel free to join if you would like to!

newbuyerD wrote: »
    We will be your neighbours in no 90 :) Hopefully they have just put worse case scenario down on our valuation :S

Number 88 here... :)

Liliko2609 wrote: »
    Nice, we have # 89 , the agency said it is the phase 2, will be finished August-September 19., but you booked the house later probably, so, maybe you have the right information. Still , hopefully, everything will be in time. Nice to find you guys any way.
    Thanks

Hello neighbor!! Number 88 :)

I’ll create a Facebook group anyway so if anyone wants to join give it a search and we can all connect! Might be a useful place to share updates like contracts, phase completions, move in dates etc etc. I’ve called the group Waverley Meadow Future Residents! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2002690889860142/?ref=share

Just sent you a request to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Htbhelp

Saw the first buyers from Phase 1 moved into Ballinahinch Wood last week. Anyone from Phase 2 heard anything regarding timelines yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wolf321

I'm in phase one and still trying to get a snagging date.

Know a few others who signed to buy back in Feb and still can't get a date to snag.

wolf321 wrote: »
    I'm in phase one and still trying to get a snagging date.

Know a few others who signed to buy back in Feb and still can't get a date to snag.

Did you buy in the Willows or in the section lower down?

I'm in the Willows.

wolf321 wrote: »
    I'm in the Willows.

Thats a pain. Have you been given any estimated dates at all? We bought in phase 2 and are hearing anything from September to November.

Htbhelp wrote: »
    Thats a pain. Have you been given any estimated dates at all? We bought in phase 2 and are hearing anything from September to November.

At the moment I cant even get the agent to commit to a date, just told I'll email the builder and get back to you. The agents communication has been quite poor, days to answer emails and when you get them on the phone they don't have an answer.

I'm not too worried yet as we don't plan to move in till the end of august, but if this nonsense continues I'll get very concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Htbhelp wrote: »
    Saw the first buyers from Phase 1 moved into Ballinahinch Wood last week. Anyone from Phase 2 heard anything regarding timelines yet?

Haven’t seen anybody move in there yet and they are digging up a green area and pouring concrete the last few days in that phase.

Haven’t seen anybody move in there yet and they are digging up a green area and pouring concrete the last few days in that phase.

There are a few moved in as of last week. Which area do you mean? Could be laying the foundation for the crèche that’s supposed to be on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 itsybitsyy

Hi, is somebody buying a new house in Burkeen hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 for once in your life

oneils23 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has purchased in the Meadows (or Meadow Gate) and took the allowance instead of the standard kitchen? We signed contracts based on the purchase price which included a kitchen but we have received an allowance booklet from the developer and now wish to take the kitchen allowance instead. Has anyone any experience of not going with the standard kitchen in the Meadows and how this worked?

I have purchased in the meadow gate but it’s number 34 so it’s early stages yet , I’ve been told snagging in December and move in January.
    I have 2 friends who bought in phase 1 the meadows and they both took allowance and got their own kitchen . I know one of them git it through cash and carry kitchens which was the best value . I think they fit it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

What’s happening with bristlewood,....it seems to have ground to a halt?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rochey77!

Hi just put a deposit down in meadow gate anyone any feedback on how the communication has been and what changes have people made to kitchen bathrooms etc

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

sandyxxx wrote: »

Builders holidays? just about all building sites grind to a halt at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Jimjay wrote: »
    sandyxxx wrote: »

Builders holidays? just about all building sites grind to a halt at this time.

Nah, the gates are closed these day’s with the hol’s.......at least they opened them prior to that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,838 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ashford - Ballinahinch Wood

Anyone know what the broadband situation is Ballinahinch Wood? According to the eir.ie fibre rollout map there is a fibre cabinet at the crossroads before heading right towards the estate.

All the various websites are giving me little information on what to expect of the area/providers - with the eircodes being unrecognised in a lot of cases.

Very hard to find definitive information online on what the speeds of the providers are in Ashford, especially since the eir rollout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 seaniewicklow

Anyone any info on Hazelbrook rise in Rathnew, looks close to completion but doesn't seem to be much info about buying them online?

Advertisement