Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Anyone any info on Hazelbrook rise in Rathnew, looks close to completion but doesn't seem to be much info about buying them online?

Social housing

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

vickers209 wrote: »
    Anyone any info on Hazelbrook rise in Rathnew, looks close to completion but doesn't seem to be much info about buying them online?

Social housing

Is Bollarney woods the same?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TimerWic357

Hi All,

Was just going to post a comment on the new Sea Scape development Wicklow Town. initial issues of mostly delays of getting a finish date, so wanted to give some good feed back. We moved in and
    after a delay of more that we wanted I can say that the house is great and quality and finish up there. The views /space inside over the floors and overall finish are better than we hoped for. Again I’ve no other alternative motives to post this but just thought I’d give some positive feedback on the site as the house has exceeded our expectations.
    Incase anyone wanted to hear.

Cheers and happy house hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Is Bollarney woods the same?!

i heard the council bought it for social housing from the developer
    only 3rd party info not based on fact

• Registered Users Posts: 34 seaniewicklow

vickers209 wrote: »
    Social housing

Heard only some of it was social housing but not all of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

33 Units next to Sports Direct are council housing..... this might be the bulk of that development.
    Odd name for an estate given the few trees that were there are gone.

Out in Rathnew the new estate next to the industrial units will have 88 social housing units.
    I think there may be some units there for private sale, but it would be madness to buy there.
    88 x social units in the one spot literally miles from anything = the new Hillview, which was the new Sea Crest.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

Just put a deposit on a house in Carraig Beag following a cancellation - all happened very quickly.

Excited about the (potential) move down to Wicklow now!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

33 Units next to Sports Direct are council housing..... this might be the bulk of that development.
    Odd name for an estate given the few trees that were there are gone.

Out in Rathnew the new estate next to the industrial units will have 88 social housing units.
    I think there may be some units there for private sale, but it would be madness to buy there.
    88 x social units in the one spot literally miles from anything = the new Hillview, which was the new Sea Crest.

...at least sesille oaks will bean alternative?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lyndzzeyD

Rochey77! wrote: »
    Hi just put a deposit down in meadow gate anyone any feedback on how the communication has been and what changes have people made to kitchen bathrooms etc

Hi there,
    I have bought no. 44 :) a 3 bed semi - What is yours?
    Haven't heard much at all, we sent back the form with any additions/amendments we wanted and haven't heard a thing since!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DB13

dbas.. Did you hold out? Seems like they are now almost finished!

Being told, complete by November, potentially in by JAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

DB13 wrote: »
    dbas.. Did you hold out? Seems like they are now almost finished!

Being told, complete by November, potentially in by JAN

They are nowhere near finished. They haven't started the top row of houses, or the roads/ utilities.
    We're still hanging in alright but it'll be another year before we're in. We're waiting on number 1. Top right of site plan.
    Is your name down for one

dbas wrote: »
    They are nowhere near finished. They haven't started the top row of houses, or the roads/ utilities.
    We're still hanging in alright but it'll be another year before we're in. We're waiting on number 1. Top right of site plan.
    Is your name down for one

Ah I know where you are, we are G26, 3 bed semi, right at the front, house complete externally and scaffolding down from outside, supposedly doing inside at the minute, I'm going to take a drive up but have asked estate agent to send me a few snaps of the inside, he plans to visit this week he said. We were told we'd be in by no later than Jan so fingers crossed that's true, not in a major rush like yourself but sooner the better.

I think yours is a 3 bed also, I can send on the images if I get them if you wish!?

Ah I know where you are, we are G26, 3 bed semi, right at the front, house complete externally and scaffolding down from outside, supposedly doing inside at the minute, I'm going to take a drive up but have asked estate agent to send me a few snaps of the inside, he plans to visit this week he said. We were told we'd be in by no later than Jan so fingers crossed that's true, not in a major rush like yourself but sooner the better.

I think yours is a 3 bed also, I can send on the images if I get them if you wish!?

Correction, I see you have 1 of the 4 beds, I'm no use to ya so! Sure keep in touch and we see how progress is going across the board!

Correction, I see you have 1 of the 4 beds, I'm no use to ya so! Sure keep in touch and we see how progress is going across the board!

Definitely yes.
    We are renting down there at the minute and my wife passes the site every day.
    They could have this job complete twice over by now. I really don't know what the hold up is.
    It will be a nice estate when it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Definitely yes.
    We are renting down there at the minute and my wife passes the site every day.
    They could have this job complete twice over by now. I really don't know what the hold up is.
    It will be a nice estate when it's done

Passed by it the other day and was quite surprised at how little they had done myself

Larsso,
    are you a local to the area?
    if you are, would you ever have heard of tricky ground conditions when any of the estates on ballyguile hill would have been built?
    hill view, ocean view etc.

I'm speculating as to a reason for a hold up in construction speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

They do seem super slow. With a small workforce. I'd pass by some days and the site isn't even open. They're definitely not in a rush anyway! Slowest progress of any of the new estates. Carraig Beag flew up, they've done an amazing job.

And house prices are dropping......
    they have missed the boat a bit
    2013Lara wrote: »
    They do seem super slow. With a small workforce. I'd pass by some days and the site isn't even open. They're definitely not in a rush anyway! Slowest progress of any of the new estates. Carraig Beag flew up, they've done an amazing job.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

Larsso,

A lack of financing no doubt.

There is a lot of money involved in getting that site to where you can even dig the foundations.

A lack of financing no doubt.

There is a lot of money involved in getting that site to where you can even dig the foundations.

The finance was in place last October. Dunno what is going on with it.
    There is a huge body of work to do to get that site finished. The roads will be a big job. The plan was to build 200 houses there but they haven't applied for permission for the next batch yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Larsso,
    are you a local to the area?
    if you are, would you ever have heard of tricky ground conditions when any of the estates on ballyguile hill would have been built?
    hill view, ocean view etc.

Local now but only a Dublin blow in I'm afraid pal so don't know. Honestly don't look like it's a big site or large crew in site, to have so few done is a bit bizarre and surely can't be down to the ground? (could be wrong on this)

Same as myself pal.
    Only down here a year though so not a local yet. I checked t he planning application online and they've been active the last month submitting paperwork etc.
    Fingers crossed they get a move on. Waiting over two years on this house

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Local now but only a Dublin blow in I'm afraid pal so don't know. Honestly don't look like it's a big site or large crew in site, to have so few done is a bit bizarre and surely can't be down to the ground? (could be wrong on this)

Same as myself pal.
    Only down here a year though so not a local yet. I checked t he planning application online and they've been active the last month submitting paperwork etc.
    Fingers crossed they get a move on. Waiting over two years on this house

We are only waiting a short time but do get the sense of the delays have been pushed and pushed, when we put the deposit down only 6 months ago he did come striaght out and say there was an issue with the Shale and he was put on hold until Surveyor and Engineer gave the go ahead, about 2 months ago it was approved seemingly.

Dbas I have a couple of videos of inside of house (Dont ask). It might give you some positivity in holding out that bit more if you want me to get them to you be email or something?

I think it will be well worth it with that view. Plus we'll be class Neighbours 🀣🀣🀣😂😂👌

First people have moved into waverly meadow

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rochey77!

lyndzzeyD wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have bought no. 44 :) a 3 bed semi - What is yours?
    Haven't heard much at all, we sent back the form with any additions/amendments we wanted and haven't heard a thing since!

Hi
    We put deposit on 77 the site foreman said it would be around May before ours is ready which the estate agent said March

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rochey77!

First people have moved into waverly meadow

Yeah they seem to be in the last 3 weeks and I’d say the second row will be in shortly once they have the toad done

I'd say they are nice inside and the view is amazing from there. Can you dm me the videos?
    My son was 5 months old when we paid the deposit. He'll be three in December. We are war weary but can't wait to be in.
    There's huge promise for that estate if it takes off like the ones on marlton Road have
    We are only waiting a short time but do get the sense of the delays have been pushed and pushed, when we put the deposit down only 6 months ago he did come striaght out and say there was an issue with the Shale and he was put on hold until Surveyor and Engineer gave the go ahead, about 2 months ago it was approved seemingly.

Dbas I have a couple of videos of inside of house (Dont ask). It might give you some positivity in holding out that bit more if you want me to get them to you be email or something?

I think it will be well worth it with that view. Plus we'll be class Neighbours 🀣🀣🀣😂😂👌

I'd say they are nice inside and the view is amazing from there. Can you dm me the videos?
    My son was 5 months old when we paid the deposit. He'll be three in December. We are war weary but can't wait to be in.
    There's huge promise for that estate if it takes off like the ones on marlton Road have

Don't know if I saw wrong, but twice I drove past today and it looks like the glass on the hall doors on the front row have been smashed in. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like!

I hope you're wrong.
    Thought there was supposed to be security on that site

I have an alibi for last night if that's what you're thinking lol
    Don't know if I saw wrong, but twice I drove past today and it looks like the glass on the hall doors on the front row have been smashed in. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like!

• Advertisement

I hope you're wrong.
    Thought there was supposed to be security on that site

I have an alibi for last night if that's what you're thinking lol

I hope I'm wrong too! Would gladly stand corrected. No one on site today by look of it. I'll be passing again soon, I'll see if I can get a better look

Advertisement