Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Just found out about this group. Hey everyone, my wife and I are interested in moving from Dublin to Wicklow town and are looking at a few new builds there.
    At the moment, we have shortlisted Sea scape & Meadow gate. Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated 😊

Both lovely areas. I'd prefer meadow Gate personally as so close to the town and the marlton areas and estates are really lovely. Seascape, the estate is a bit ugly from the road. Houses very grey and dull, concrete jungley. Haven't driven in to see the ones further back from the road. They had long delays in building and the estate agent dealing with them is useless. Meadow Gate is built by a builder who has built multiple estates in the area. I live near sea scape though and love the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

2013Lara wrote: »
    Both lovely areas. I'd prefer meadow Gate personally as so close to the town and the marlton areas and estates are really lovely. Seascape, the estate is a bit ugly from the road. Houses very grey and dull, concrete jungley. Haven't driven in to see the ones further back from the road. They had long delays in building and the estate agent dealing with them is useless. Meadow Gate is built by a builder who has built multiple estates in the area. I live near sea scape though and love the area.

Thanks. We are going to decide between these 2 very soon. Would you recommend a good solicitor in the area? Its a new build so probably not as complicated as second hand homes so don't want to spend too much on an expensive solicitor I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 for once in your life

Thanks. We are going to decide between these 2 very soon. Would you recommend a good solicitor in the area? Its a new build so probably not as complicated as second hand homes so don't want to spend too much on an expensive solicitor I guess.

Hey
    We live in Meadowgate. The houses are nice , bigger than other new builds around and good prices too. There’s a very welcoming community here I think. It’s very close to the town. I’d recommend it, it’s not perfect but no house is and it’s the best value for money I think.
    We used amber Craughwell and she gave us a good price, I haggled a bit to be fair.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

marcus1981 wrote: »
    it’s not perfect but no house is

What are the downsides of the house/estate having lived there a while?

8-10 wrote: »
    What are the downsides of the house/estate having lived there a while?

They give you very poor topsoil in the back garden, the grass doesn’t grow fully and will always have some patches and it’s like pottery clay to a level and when it rains it gets water logged. We obviously haven’t reached the winter yet so will be interesting to see then. I might end up getting the topsoil taken out and getting new stuff in which I know other people did in this estate and the other estates beside us that they built.
    The Munster joinery doors are ok standard but not fantastic, our back doors gets stuck in the hot weather due to expansion which I think shouldn’t happen , again other houses similar to that In this estate
    The Site office is in front of our house and will be for quite a while and they use our road as access to the site at the back, because of this they haven’t put the final tarmac down . I think they could complete the tarmac and locate the office in a different place and use a side entrance that they already have.
    There are other smaller things that are slightly annoying too
    Overall we are happy though, it’s a nice big house and it’s good value for money and very warm. The groundwork’s are tidy around the house.
    Maybe all new estates are the same
    The solicitors that they use are notorious too(according to my solicitor) they threatened us with fines if we didn’t close the sale on time and it was quite unpleasant at the time as we were ultra organised and couldn’t have gone any faster. The whole row was released at the same time so I wonder how they were with our neighbours considering we were the second family to move in, there were some only moving in 2 months after us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The Site office is in front of our house and will be for quite a while and they use our road as access to the site at the back, because of this they haven’t put the final tarmac down .

Cheers for the detailed reply.

Yep I've driven around those houses at the Site office and the one thing that sticks out (literally) are the manhole covers on the road which look like they'd burst your tyres if you went over them too fast, they're like pot holes but worse....I'd hope that would be fixed at some stage

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

8-10 wrote: »
    Cheers for the detailed reply.

Yep I've driven around those houses at the Site office and the one thing that sticks out (literally) are the manhole covers on the road which look like they'd burst your tyres if you went over them too fast, they're like pot holes but worse....I'd hope that would be fixed at some stage

WRT manholes sticking up, this is how all roads are done. This road is a work in progress that unfinished.

I don’t really understand why a moderator is getting involved in this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I don’t really understand why a moderator is getting involved in this

I don’t really understand why a moderator shouldn’t.

2011 wrote: »
    I don’t really understand why a moderator shouldn’t.

Moderators are humans too :D

• Advertisement

Could someone please PM me a recommended surveyor in wicklow town? I'm looking to purchase a new build here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkelm

Just found out about this group. Hey everyone, my wife and I are interested in moving from Dublin to Wicklow town and are looking at a few new builds there.
    At the moment, we have shortlisted Sea scape & Meadow gate. Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated 😊

Hi there,

We bought in Sea Scape last year and really happy with the house and area. Any questions let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilo10

Ugly from the road? I personally think they are very attractive houses. Also, the views from the estate are absolutely amazing

Yep I really do think there is way too much grey concrete with the steps etc and the colour the houses are. Personal opinion of course! I'm sure they're gorgeous inside.

You’re in trouble now Lara. You have to watch your Ps and Qs . Lots of people on here and some could live there. Maybe try not to be so harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Larsso30 wrote: »
    definitely something happening up at Sessile oaks alright i saw the sole digger on saturday. Fingers crossed dbas

Are these still for sale or are they all going to the social?!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Are these still for sale or are they all going to the social?!

I was given my deposit back a few weeks ago after being told the houses were being sold to tuath housing. I've since heard locally that the council took the development over.

dbas wrote: »
    I was given my deposit back a few weeks ago after being told the houses were being sold to tuath housing. I've since heard locally that the council took the development over.

Lovely🙄,.....more of just what the town needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Baybay

I was given my deposit back a few weeks ago...

Sorry to hear that. Following the thread over the past while, I know you had a good bit of time invested also. I hope you get or are sorted soon.

Baybay wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Following the thread over the past while, I know you had a good bit of time invested also. I hope you get or are sorted soon.

Thanks a million. I'm sure we will get something else soon. The market is still very active despite this Covid crap effecting us all. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Sorry to hear that mate, ****ign disgrace to leave you hanging that long. Shambles of a development

An awful lot of social housing going up, several whole estates.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million. I'm sure we will get something else soon. The market is still very active despite this Covid crap effecting us all. Fingers crossed

.....will you stay in the area or go further afield?!

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that mate, ****ign disgrace to leave you hanging that long. Shambles of a development

An awful lot of social housing going up, several whole estates.

A shambles is right. I wouldn't be fully certain that this will end up as social housing. Locals might contradict me here but i don't think a planning application for 28 houses ( phase 1 of circa 200 houses) would have been accepted if it was for social housing.

In Dublin the plan is to integrate social housing rather than bunching them altogether.
    It's hard to say for certain what will come of it. Hope it doesn't remain an eyesore on the hill for too long though. that mountain of shale is appalling to look at

sandyxxx wrote: »
    .....will you stay in the area or go further afield?!

Fell in love with the town a few years back. Can't see us ever moving out of here if I'm honest.

there's plenty of other options for houses in the town. Some lovely houses over towards the lighthouse. We'll have our own home in the town within 6 months i'd say

Fell in love with the town a few years back. Can't see us ever moving out of here if I'm honest.

there's plenty of other options for houses in the town. Some lovely houses over towards the lighthouse. We'll have our own home in the town within 6 months i'd say

.....good stuff,best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moliform

Hi there, interested in buying
    In Wicklow Town soon. Did a drive into Seascape earlier today and loved it. For anyone living in the estate, how are you finding it now? See from thread a lot of issues with delays and getting in, hope all resolved! Is broadband etc okay? Will work from home post-Covid. Does anyone know of other estates launching in early 2021? Most others on daft seem to have sold out. We’re looking for a 4-bed.
    Any info much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sandiindia

Hello All,
    We are looking to buy house at Sea Scape, I would appreciate any feedback from people who are living there. Or know the area that can help me take a decision. I see mixed reviews however when I visited I like the show house and the area as well.
    Any suggestions, comments or feedback would be highly appreciated
    Thanks a million
    Cheers
    Sandi

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

A shambles is right. I wouldn't be fully certain that this will end up as social housing. Locals might contradict me here but i don't think a planning application for 28 houses ( phase 1 of circa 200 houses) would have been accepted if it was for social housing.

It's 100% social housing, unclear if it's the council or an approved housing body yet.

The planning file is a complete shambles aswell. Having gone through thousands of applications in the past decade. This application certainly gave the most entertainment. The correspondence from the 24th of August 2020 is where the gold is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

Moliform wrote: »
    Does anyone know of other estates launching in early 2021?
    Good question, there isn't alot of building go on in the town but the majority of them is social housing.

I expect Tinakilly Park and Birstlewood to make a proper start on site in the second half of 2021.

I'm a bit surprised to see Mariners Point advertised as "New Builds" on Daft, they must be built 12 years at this stage. I'm certain the heat pumps have been retrofitted and badly retrofitted at that. The water ponding on the rear elevated patio would also give me 0% in the quality of the construction.

According to the Irish Times, the rest of Mariners Point with 23 incomplete house bases is yours for 1.75 million. Not sure why they mentioned the 23 bases as they will have to be demoed out , at an additional cost to the purchaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnny_don

Hey, great to hear that the house was better than expected. We are hoping to move in (covid dependent) by the end of summer. Might see you around the estate

• Advertisement

It's 100% social housing, unclear if it's the council or an approved housing body yet.

The planning file is a complete shambles aswell. Having gone through thousands of applications in the past decade. This application certainly gave the most entertainment. The correspondence from the 24th of August 2020 is where the gold is at.

They went in for revised planning to do away with the steps to the entrance of the estate and and a few other cost cuts.
    I heard a rumours locally that some from the estate next door are moving in as some of those houses are very damp

Advertisement