Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CA39

Yes we are buying in Sea Scape phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ladylady32

Does anyone know when the new road from the Hawkstown Road to Marlton Hall is going to open? It looks like it’s finished (as I walk the long way around, twice a day!)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

That Burkeen development on Friarshill looks high class (but expensive)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

ladylady32 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new road from the Hawkstown Road to Marlton Hall is going to open? It looks like it’s finished (as I walk the long way around, twice a day!)

Hopefully soon. Someone told me the road has to be narrowed all the way down before it can open. Im hoping thats not true as i doubt that will be done until the next stage of housebuilding is going in. Also looking forward to having a the shop built there! Anyone know when thats happening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Seascape is advertised as 2/3&4 beds. Anyone know the price of the 2 beds? My mam is considering downsizing and moving from bray to be beside us. Can't find info on the two bed and can't get a hold of the chap dealing with the sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

2013Lara wrote: »
    Seascape is advertised as 2/3&4 beds. Anyone know the price of the 2 beds? My mam is considering downsizing and moving from bray to be beside us. Can't find info on the two bed and can't get a hold of the chap dealing with the sales.

Looks like there was originally 3 type E 2 bed terraced in the plan,

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/16188/0

Click onto view scanned files and then drawings.

No mention of type E on any ad I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redmond08

There are still 2 properties left in Kirvin Hill, one is a semi detached at 290k and the other is a detached at 320k. I put a booking deposit down on one last week, beautiful house inside with lots of extras.

Where exactly are Waverly Meadow going? Is it one of the fields beside Kirvin Hill?

Where exactly are Waverly Meadow going? Is it one of the fields beside Kirvin Hill?

Yeah right beside it, I don't think they look half as nice as Kirvin Hill. But they are a bigger house from what I see in the plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

According to the map from sherry fitz, yes, up behind the creche in Kervin Hill and the field behind it.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Will have a drive up later. Keeping an eye on the new builds for my mam!

I see the price has gone up again, talking around €9000 on the semi detached and €20000 on the detached compared to Kirvin Hill. I can only imagine what price the next phase of the meadows will be, seeing as it's in the heart of the town.

Dont think they've started actual builds on these yet. The creche is done and think they're doing ground work behind it which I guess is getting ready for these.

BigMoose wrote: »
    Dont think they've started actual builds on these yet. The creche is done and think they're doing ground work behind it which I guess is getting ready for these.

Yeah your right, they haven't. I say they won't start till the new year. The house I bought in Kirvin Hill won't be ready till January, so I say they will start after they have finished the ones in Kirvin Hill.

Friends of ours have bought one in Kirvin Hill due to be ready end of Oct (was originally meant to be end of Aug I think) but not sure if that's still on track. Agree though dont see these starting in any major way before the new year. We live opposite so will try and remember to post if I see major action up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 m1or

waverly meadows looks like a bargain compared to sea scape which is gone up to 370k now
    better spec and faster build too. 8 months now since launch and they still haven't even got a showhouse in sea scape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Jimjay wrote: »
    Hopefully soon. Someone told me the road has to be narrowed all the way down before it can open. Im hoping thats not true as i doubt that will be done until the next stage of housebuilding is going in. Also looking forward to having a the shop built there! Anyone know when thats happening ?

Road looks complete for 2 months now any idea why its still closed off

vickers209 wrote: »
    Road looks complete for 2 months now any idea why its still closed off

Yes. Was talking to someone in the know. What has happened is the landowner of the small triangle of land between where the road joins with the relief road and the new housing development to the right of the road did originally agree to give the land for the community centre for free, but has had a dispute with the developer of the new estate being built further down the road (phase two of which depends on the completion of the connection with the relief road, as per permission granted) and now is using it as a ransom strip to get an exorbitant figure paid by the developer in order for him to be able to continue the development.
    The community centre must be built before the road can open apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

redmond08 wrote: »
    I see the price has gone up again, talking around €9000 on the semi detached and €20000 on the detached compared to Kirvin Hill. I can only imagine what price the next phase of the meadows will be, seeing as it's in the heart of the town.

its still reasonable considering some of the other new builds. PLus its different house to Kirvin, i heard they are going to make further improvements on kirvin houses too.

Broomhall build good houses to be fair.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    its still reasonable considering some of the other new builds. PLus its different house to Kirvin, i heard they are going to make further improvements on kirvin houses too.

Broomhall build good houses to be fair.

Oh I know they do, I wouldn't of bought one if they didn't haha! I spoke to a few people who live in Kirvin Hill and they were very happy with them. I just meant in general that the prices of houses in Ireland are getting out of hand. Looking at the plans, it's only really the outside that looks different, everything I say on the inside will look very similar to Kirvin Hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Yes. Was talking to someone in the know. What has happened is the landowner of the small triangle of land between where the road joins with the relief road and the new housing development to the right of the road did originally agree to give the land for the community centre for free, but has had a dispute with the developer of the new estate being built further down the road (phase two of which depends on the completion of the connection with the relief road, as per permission granted) and now is using it as a ransom strip to get an exorbitant figure paid by the developer in order for him to be able to continue the development.
    The community centre must be built before the road can open apparently

Thats sounds odd. Im sure all contracts would have already been agreed for any land transfers. They must have crap lawyers if they agreed land transfer on a hand shake. Hope that isnt true. The person in the know who i spoke to said they wont open the road until the upgrades have been completed to the rest of the road. This work started a couple of days ago and the road is being made narrower and bike lanes put in. A new roundabout is going in at the entrance to the new phase of meadows near the creche. No point opening the road when roadworks will be in progress most of the way down.
    Also as far as i can work out from the planning application it is the owner of the land that applied for permission to build the shop and community centre, And not redmond who are building the meadows.

Dbas, think I saw a digger (one single digger) in the Sessile Oaks site today

Dbas, think I saw a digger (one single digger) in the Sessile Oaks site today

2013Lara thanks a million. We'll check it tomorrow. Very exciting stuff.
    We actually moved to a rental in Glebemount last weekend so will be very easy to go and have a look.
    Thanks again

dbas wrote: »
    2013Lara thanks a million. We'll check it tomorrow. Very exciting stuff.
    We actually moved to a rental in Glebemount last weekend so will be very easy to go and have a look.
    Thanks again

Brilliant, enjoy the town! New restaurant, Lilys, worth a visit to celebrate! Looks like it'll be fab.

Where is the Sessile Oaks site?

Brilliant, enjoy the town! New restaurant, Lilys, worth a visit to celebrate! Looks like it'll be fab.

We'll check that out in few months no doubt. We've a 6 week old baby girl at home now fexing her one year old brother so hands are full for now.

dbas wrote: »
    We'll check that out in few months no doubt. We've a 6 week old baby girl at home now fexing her one year old brother so hands are full for now.

Congratulations! Three girls here so could be quite a while before we get to try it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Baybay

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Where is the Sessile Oaks site?

If you go up the Convent Road, on past Cora’s shop, it’s out past Ballyguile or maybe still is in Ballyguile townland, on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Baybay wrote: »
    If you go up the Convent Road, on past Cora’s shop, it’s out past Ballyguile or maybe still is in Ballyguile townland, on the left.

Next field after hillview across from rosehill upper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

definitely something happening up at Sessile oaks alright i saw the sole digger on saturday. Fingers crossed dbas

Advertisement