Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CA39

colecole wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to where I see the plans ? Please -

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/16188/0

All the details/drawings are in there but best viewed on a laptop. The recent-ish submissions for the 3 level back garden are in there too.

Go to view scanned files and go to the drawings file to see the plan drawings.

2013Lara wrote: »
    Oh must take a drive into the friary and have a look, I didn't realise there were any more built apart from the front row! Thanks for that.

Yes you can look in through the hedge! Their details are the only ones not included in the JPM ad on daft.ie about the estate so it's unclear if they are going to be for private sale or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

CA39 wrote: »
    Yes you can look in through the hedge! Their details are the only ones not included in the JPM ad on daft.ie about the estate so it's unclear if they are going to be for private sale or not.

And the agent is useless at telling me any info. I'll try give them a ring again and see. Thanks for the pic! There are two beds going into waverly meadow too so another option if these ones are for the council or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colecole

And the agent is useless at telling me any info. I'll try give them a ring again and see. Thanks for the pic! There are two beds going into waverly meadow too so another option if these ones are for the council or whatever.

I’m on site Thursday if I get any info that’s relevant to you all I’ll update this thread

I’m on site Thursday if I get any info that’s relevant to you all I’ll update this thread

Thanks a mill, that'd be great! I think she's starting to sway toward waverly meadow after driving to both sites today. Less hilly and she likes the kirvin hill finish.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill, that'd be great! I think she's starting to sway toward waverly meadow after driving to both sites today. Less hilly and she likes the kirvin hill finish.

I've heard really good things about the developer of Waverly, seems to run a very well oiled machine and apparently is very good on the communication front. They will probably be ready before Sea Scape at this rate 😠We viewed Kirvin Hill and the finish was very nice. They just didn't have any of the house type left that we wanted when we were looking.

I've heard really good things about the developer of Waverly, seems to run a very well oiled machine and apparently is very good on the communication front. They will probably be ready before Sea Scape at this rate 😠We viewed Kirvin Hill and the finish was very nice. They just didn't have any of the house type left that we wanted when we were looking.

They seemed to do a great job on kirvin hill. Prices are decent enough too I think.

ðŸ§Anyone know how much seascape second phase will be selling for?

ðŸ§Anyone know how much seascape second phase will be selling for?

Well seen as they upped the price €31-37k in phase one before the houses were even finished I can only imagine what the next batch of 4 beds will go for!!! The 9 houses that are there are all terraced - either 2 or 3 bed. I guess some of them at least are social housing so maybe they are not for sale. It's hard to know.

If you get any info on Thurs let me know. I've contacted both JPM and Ecolodge directly on Friday and earlier today but no response as per usual unfortunately.

Well seen as they upped the price €31-37k in phase one before the houses were even finished I can only imagine what the next batch of 4 beds will go for!!! The 9 houses that are there are all terraced - either 2 or 3 bed. I guess some of them at least are social housing so maybe they are not for sale. It's hard to know.

If you get any info on Thurs let me know. I've contacted both JPM and Ecolodge directly on Friday and earlier today but no response as per usual unfortunately

Yes for sure - I’ll find out all I can .. any specific question pm me ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Was on site today -
    still seems to be a lot of work needed on site with excavation as back gardens not started etc —
    Next 3 weeks is supposed to see a big shift in ground works — maybe so 🀞🀞 we need it finished by March ? Anyone on a similar deadline !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkelm

Hi Colecole,

I am buying there too. The last correspondence I received (early last week) indicated that we would be snagging late Jan/early Feb. Based on your post it seems that this is unlikely! I haven’t heard anything to the contrary from JPM but that’s not surprising as they aren’t great at providing updates...

Our mortgage approval is up shortly and I’m hoping not to have to reapply.

Yes same , Builder did seem V confident it would be finished by March. thats when our is up. snagging may still go for early mid feb - i suppose if they put all hands on deck to the 10 houses it could happen, I dont know !!

Never straight forward is it! My house sale took 18 months. Had to get mortgage reapproved three times. Its not as hard as a full application if that's any consolation. Just recent bank statement and pay cheque as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilo10

Hi There. Just wondering if any of the Seascape people heard any more about snagging or when this will happen?

Lilo10 wrote: »
    Hi There. Just wondering if any of the Seascape people heard any more about snagging or when this will happen?

Hi Lilo,

I was in touch with JPM this week and was told that there are delays and that the builders have been in touch directly with purchasers re snagging. I’m not sure how true this is as I have bought in phase 1 and haven’t heard anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Not buying in seascape but pass it daily, I'm no expert but there looks to be a lot of work to be done on the site before anyone can move in. Theres no road, none of the ground is remotely level off etc..

Lilo10 wrote: »

Hi Lilo

After much pestering we got a response from the estate agent on Friday saying we should be in by the end of March. I really want to believe that but it still looks like there is so much to be done.

They have made a start on the groundwork directly outside your houses over the past couple days. Driveways below the steps by look of it.

Edited to add. Clearing rubble away from the front of site this morning

Hi Lilo

After much pestering we got a response from the estate agent on Friday saying we should be in by the end of March. I really want to believe that but it still looks like there is so much to be done.

Thanks for that. It's getting later and later again! Was really hoping to be in early March but I'd say we'll be lucky if it's early April at this stage!

• Advertisement

Parkelm wrote: »
    Hi Lilo,

I was in touch with JPM this week and was told that there are delays and that the builders have been in touch directly with purchasers re snagging. I’m not sure how true this is as I have bought in phase 1 and haven’t heard anything!

Thanks Parkelm. No, we haven't heard anything from anyone!! Keeping fingers crossed..!

Hi all,

I received an email update today and it looks like snagging will be mid/late March (which isn’t ideal!). It was made clear that these are proposed dates, so I’m not too sure how realistic the dates are! Following on from snagging it could be 1-4 weeks by the time the house is ready depending on how long the snag list is etc..

Hi all,

I received an email update today and it looks like snagging will be mid/late March (which isn’t ideal!). It was made clear that these are proposed dates, so I’m not too sure how realistic the dates are! Following on from snagging it could be 1-4 weeks by the time the house is ready depending on how long the snag list is etc..

Yes we were told snagging towards the end of March and when we worked out the dates this evening we realised that if snagging takes a few weeks then it will bring us up to Easter when the site will be closed for a week (assuming they follow the CIF holidays like that did for Xmas). If there's even a slight delay to the dates we were all given then Easter will cause an additional delay :(

For those of you interested in Sea Scape, they looked to be starting construction of some more houses there this morning. The crane was in place up the hill and a truck was there delivering the timber frames.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had a recent update regarding snagging. We were told 22nd March but looking at the site I just can't see how that could be possible :(

Hi, we are due to snag in 3 weeks and I’m not feeling too optimistic! I have called and emailed a few times this week but I’ve had no luck in getting through to anyone.

Hi, we are due to snag in 3 weeks and I’m not feeling too optimistic! I have called and emailed a few times this week but I’ve had no luck in getting through to anyone.

They should have had a local estate agent looking after it! From the couple of phonecalls I had trying to find out info about the houses, they couldn't have cared less. My mam gave up and has a deposit on another estate.

They should have had a local estate agent looking after it! From the couple of phonecalls I had trying to find out info about the houses, they couldn't have cared less. My mam gave up and has a deposit on another estate.

[snipped] I sent an email at the beginning of this month politely asking for our kitchen not to be tiled as we would like to do our own thing and it was completely ignored. So disappointed with the experience. I don't think I'd ever buy off plans again after this.

[snipped] I sent an email at the beginning of this month politely asking for our kitchen not to be tiled as we would like to do our own thing and it was completely ignored. So disappointed with the experience. I don't think I'd ever buy off plans again after this.

Very disappointing for you!! Such a pity, buying a brand new house should be an exciting experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Carriage Beag in Wicklow Town beside educate together school. Looks like it might be nice. Launching Spring

https://www.facebook.com/amazondevelopments/

Advertisement