Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 phleb19

I too have bought in Seascape phase 1, I was given a snag date from [snipped] for this Friday 8th March, have tried to confirm with her by email and phone but she is not responding at all.

I have been on site twice and the inside of the houses are almost ready they are painted and tiled etc, the back gardens are no where near ready and the steps have to have hand rails fitted outside, the foreman told me that when the road goes in they will be ready to snag and they appear to have started the new entrance which is a bit down from the entrance the builders are using at present.

Very frustrated with the lack of response from the builders and JPM Doyle all very vague, if anyone gets or hears of anyone snagging or a date would love to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkelm

Hi there,

I was on site on Friday. It looks like it will be at least 4 weeks before snagging. I had been emailing/calling JPM and [snipped] for 2 weeks but no one would respond, so I drove up to site for a look around and got the number of the new foreman - hopefully he will be more responsive!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CA39

phleb19 wrote: »
    I too have bought in Seascape phase 1, I was given a snag date from [snipped] for this Friday 8th March, have tried to confirm with her by email and phone but she is not responding at all.

I have been on site twice and the inside of the houses are almost ready they are painted and tiled etc, the back gardens are no where near ready and the steps have to have hand rails fitted outside, the foreman told me that when the road goes in they will be ready to snag and they appear to have started the new entrance which is a bit down from the entrance the builders are using at present.

Very frustrated with the lack of response from the builders and JPM Doyle all very vague, if anyone gets or hears of anyone snagging or a date would love to hear about it.

Yes, we are the same, have been calling and emailing now for over a week but not one bit surprised at the lack of response from JPM or Ecolodge. We are on our 6th snagging date now I think and all came and went without anyone actually confirming that they were going to be missed. An entirely bizarre way to do business. Hopefully the new foreman will get things moving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aisseery

Has anyone bought in the recent phase at the Meadows?- the houses at the front? Anyone know when snagging is likely to happen?

Parkelm wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was on site on Friday. It looks like it will be at least 4 weeks before snagging. I had been emailing/calling JPM and [snipped] for 2 weeks but no one would respond, so I drove up to site for a look around and got the number of the new foreman - hopefully he will be more responsive!

Hi there,

At least that,s some idea of a time frame , I managed to speak to JPM yesterday and he told me that they had to sack the last foreman as things had been put in the wrong place and that had delayed everything. He said that everyone in phase 1 was looking to close.

He said he would come back to me this week so Ill keep you posted. We live in hope.

I have never experienced the way ecolodge do business its unbelievable!

• Advertisement

CA39 wrote: »
    Yes, we are the same, have been calling and emailing now for over a week but not one bit surprised at the lack of response from JPM or Ecolodge. We are on our 6th snagging date now I think and all came and went without anyone actually confirming that they were going to be missed. An entirely bizarre way to do business. Hopefully the new foreman will get things moving again.

That awful , I cant believe they have given you 6 snag dates and missed every one, I was only given one for this Friday, and unless you have someone , which I don't, I had booked a guy to come and have had to cancel him as I cant get a response from ecolodge, when it was them who emailed me with the date in the first place !

I have spoken to the guy on reception at least 5 times and hes telling me he personally gave her the messages to contact me and I have emailed her . Apparently shes the manager in the office .

Hi there,

At least that,s some idea of a time frame , I managed to speak to JPM yesterday and he told me that they had to sack the last foreman as things had been put in the wrong place and that had delayed everything. He said that everyone in phase 1 was looking to close.

He said he would come back to me this week so Ill keep you posted. We live in hope.

I have never experienced the way ecolodge do business its unbelievable!

It’s absolutely shocking. We are also on our 5th/6th snagging date at this stage and we never receive communication to say that each date is delayed, it eventually just gets to the date and passes! The lack of engagement is totally unacceptable, I wonder what reason [snipped] has for blatantly ignoring us all?

Hi there,

I have been reading through the scanned documents on Wicklow planning this morning and the proposed completion date for phase one is 18/5/2019 .

Hi there,

I have been reading through the scanned documents on Wicklow planning this morning and the proposed completion date for phase one is 18/5/2019 .

Yes, we saw that recently. To me it means that it was always planned to take one year and that they basically 'stretched' the truth from the get go. The ad still says showhouse in early 2018 and there isn't even going to be a showhouse. I don't think that the old foreman can be blamed for the fact that Ecolodge ignore all calls and emails though.

CA39 wrote: »
    Yes, we saw that recently. To me it means that it was always planned to take one year and that they basically 'stretched' the truth from the get go. The ad still says showhouse in early 2018 and there isn't even going to be a showhouse. I don't think that the old foreman can be blamed for the fact that Ecolodge ignore all calls and emails though.

I Agree,

They have basically given snag dates and completion dates that they never intended on honouring and just completely ignore anyone trying to question them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 colecole

The old foreman - Ivica? He is the company owner - he and Tara ...

We bought in oct at a night price for a “quick sale” as out property was due in November- most of you bought way before then ?

Paid 30k more as the price had gone up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Saw two people who looked like buyers outside the houses earlier when we were walking past. Looked a bit lost! Wonder if it was a snag date gone wrong!

2013Lara wrote: »
    Saw two people who looked like buyers outside the houses earlier when we were walking past. Looked a bit lost! Wonder if it was a snag date gone wrong!

Hopefully not! In addition to the new foreman they have also assigned a new point of contact who seems quite proactive and helpful so far, hopefully things will be smoother going forward!

Parkelm wrote: »
    Hopefully not! In addition to the new foreman they have also assigned a new point of contact who seems quite proactive and helpful so far, hopefully things will be smoother going forward!

Yes, I have spoken to her also, at least now there is someone contactable, they have said the delay is with Irish water and they hope to commence snagging early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Natalie85

Hi All, have just joined this group, has been frustrating over the last few months but glad we have a point of contact now. She seems very helpful, what I cannot understand is if there was ongoing issue with Irish water why was this never mentioned before ?

Anyhow, was anyone expecting appliances to be included “kitchen as per show house” just incase we have been advised these are not included.

Also has anyone been given a firm date in April yet for snagging ? Or has anyone been given a date as to when valuations can be completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ratnewpew

what is the story with sea-scape i walk by all mornings it should be over a year since they started constructing, is builder amateur?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colecole

I don’t know how Irish water could not be lined up it’s not like they have the build finished before they expected it - 6 months later than expected and still blame Irish water!!

It may be a good idea as there are so many buyers on this forum now to place all the questions we have to [snipped] - from all of us - it seems they are only going to release this first phase in one entire sweep so when one house is done they are all done so to speak .. my concern is that at date of snagging they are still behind on other works - will road and gardens and elec and water be ready etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stevieboi2004

Is anyone here buying in Waverley Meadow?

Is anyone here buying in Waverley Meadow?

My mam is, in phase one.

colecole wrote: »
    I don’t know how Irish water could not be lined up it’s not like they have the build finished before they expected it - 6 months later than expected and still blame Irish water!!

It may be a good idea as there are so many buyers on this forum now to place all the questions we have to fionnuala - from all of us - it seems they are only going to release this first phase in one entire sweep so when one house is done they are all done so to speak .. my concern is that at date of snagging they are still behind on other works - will road and gardens and elec and water be ready etc

Hi there, our latest update for snagging is 4th April which seems totally impossible looking at the site today. I've had some further correspondence with Ecolodge which I'm not particularly happy with. If anyone is interested in joining a WhatsApp group so that we can keep each other updated rather than on a public forum PM me your number.

• Advertisement

My mam is, in phase one.

Cool! We just put a deposit down a few weeks back! Is she in the houses at the front of the development or at the back? Any idea of a completion date yet? We’ve just been told late summer/early autumn.

Cool! We just put a deposit down a few weeks back! Is she in the houses at the front of the development or at the back? Any idea of a completion date yet? We’ve just been told late summer/early autumn.

She'll be at the front! Hers is half way up/built already. She was told August. Hoping that'll be the case! Her own house went up for sale this week.

She'll be at the front! Hers is half way up/built already. She was told August. Hoping that'll be the case! Her own house went up for sale this week.

Interesting, we were told the front houses are expected to move in around July so we’re hoping we’ll only be a couple of months after that!

Interesting, we were told the front houses are expected to move in around July so we’re hoping we’ll only be a couple of months after that!

Very interesting. I'll keep you informed if they leg us know that they're ahead of schedule. They do seem to be on the ball though. Very efficient!

Very interesting. I'll keep you informed if they leg us know that they're ahead of schedule. They do seem to be on the ball though. Very efficient!

Cool! Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liliko2609

Cool! Thanks so much :)

Very interesting. I'll keep you informed if they leg us know that they're ahead of schedule. They do seem to be on the ball though. Very efficient![/quote

Hi everyone! Did you sign the contract for the Waverley Meadow already ? I am just wondering why they have the terms of completing like 36 months if they are promising the August 2019, or this is the normal practice to safe themself from any complains?
    Thanks

Liliko, my mam hasn't got to that stage yet. Her solicitor has raised a few queries so they're waiting to hear back.

Liliko, my mam hasn't got to that stage yet. Her solicitor has raised a few queries so they're waiting to hear back.

We’ve just got the valuation done from plan so we can get a full mortgage offer sent to us. I think we’re in phase 3 and they were told completion for that phase is Sept/Oct 2019. Still waiting on contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 newbuyerD

Have just heard from our mortgage lender that when the valuation was done our property completion date may be March 2020 and we are at the front but a higher no house. Not sure what phase we are

• Advertisement

newbuyerD wrote: »
    Have just heard from our mortgage lender that when the valuation was done our property completion date may be March 2020 and we are at the front but a higher no house. Not sure what phase we are

Maybe the whole estate will be finished by then? They're a very efficient builder and are flying along with the first phase. I'd nearly expect mam to be in earlier than the August date she was given. She's gonna ring sherry Fitz tomorrow as she has a few requests and her house shell is complete. I'll get her to ask if it's still looking like August for phase one.

Advertisement