Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stevieboi2004

newbuyerD wrote: »
    Have just heard from our mortgage lender that when the valuation was done our property completion date may be March 2020 and we are at the front but a higher no house. Not sure what phase we are

We’re #93 and our valuation report said Sept/Oct 2019. I’d be highly surprised if it runs into 2020 because the houses are listed as eligible for HTB and the HTB scheme ends at the end of Dec 2019 which could impact their buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 newbuyerD

We’re #93 and our valuation report said Sept/Oct 2019. I’d be highly surprised if it runs into 2020 because the houses are listed as eligible for HTB and the HTB scheme ends at the end of Dec 2019 which could impact their buyers.

We will be your neighbours in no 90 :) Hopefully they have just put worse case scenario down on our valuation :S

2013Lara wrote: »
    Maybe the whole estate will be finished by then? They're a very efficient builder and are flying along with the first phase. I'd nearly expect mam to be in earlier than the August date she was given. She's gonna ring sherry Fitz tomorrow as she has a few requests and her house shell is complete. I'll get her to ask if it's still looking like August for phase one.

Thanks Lara, When we were down there 2 weeks ago they were flying along.

We will be your neighbours in no 90 :) Hopefully they have just put worse case scenario down on our valuation :S

Yeah it’s a bit strange if you’re 3 doors away that your estimated competition date is mar 2020. I just checked our valuation report again and it says Sept or Oct 2019. They do definitely seem quite efficient though, wonder if anyone on here could advise if they were on time with completion of Kirvin Hill??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

Yeah it’s a bit strange if you’re 3 doors away that your estimated competition date is mar 2020. I just checked our valuation report again and it says Sept or Oct 2019. They do definitely seem quite efficient though, wonder if anyone on here could advise if they were on time with completion of Kirvin Hill??

We are buying in Kirvin Hill and ours was meant to be done, November/December 2018, then is it was January, now it's the end of this month/April, hopefully :D But we don't mind the wait, as long as everything is done right and to a high standard! But they are brilliant builders and very nice, I'm local and I know a few of the lads that are on site. You won't regret buying one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

redmond08 wrote: »
    We are buying in Kirvin Hill and ours was meant to be done, November/December 2018, then is it was January, now it's the end of this month/April, hopefully :D But we don't mind the wait, as long as everything is done right and to a high standard! But they are brilliant builders and very nice, I'm local and I know a few of the lads that are on site. You won't regret buying one.

Oh God. Hope waverly are on time.

Oh God. Hope waverly are on time.

Once the building starts on the house, your talking around 6/7 months before completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Once the building starts on the house, your talking around 6/7 months before completion.

Thanks for that. Their putting the roof on at the moment, windows and doors are on. So fingers crossed

Thanks for that. Their putting the roof on at the moment, windows and doors are on. So fingers crossed

I say another 4 months, all going well. I'm going to see the progress of mine on Monday, if you want, I can ask the foreman if they are still on schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newhomeowner

Hi all, we bought in Waverley also and we were told the first phase will be ready end August/September time so houses 1-13. Called them earlier today and they said they are on schedule for completion within that time frame not convincing though. Any idea when they'll contact about the specifics for inside the house?

• Advertisement

Hi all, we bought in Waverley also and we were told the first phase will be ready end August/September time so houses 1-13. Called them earlier today and they said they are on schedule for completion within that time frame not convincing though. Any idea when they'll contact about the specifics for inside the house?

Redmond08 above might be able to give some info based on buying in Kirvin Hill! Hoping they are working on schedule, as it stands we’re going to have to move in with the in laws for a few months, don’t want that to turn into 6 or 7 months! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liliko2609

Nice, we have # 89 , the agency said it is the phase 2, will be finished August-September 19., but you booked the house later probably, so, maybe you have the right information. Still , hopefully, everything will be in time. Nice to find you guys any way.
    Thanks

Liliko2609 wrote: »
    Nice, we have # 89 , the agency said it is the phase 2, will be finished August-September 19., but you booked the house later probably, so, maybe you have the right information. Still , hopefully, everything will be in time. Nice to find you guys any way.
    Thanks

We were told Sept Oct too, just got a shock today when the mortgage provider said the valuer came back with March for compl

Fingers crossed they’ll keep going the way they are and we might get in on time.
    Nice to make contact with you :)

We were told Sept Oct too, just got a shock today when the mortgage provider said the valuer came back with March for compl

Fingers crossed they’ll keep going the way they are and we might get in on time.
    Nice to make contact with you :)

We’re all within 5 doors of each other!! :) 🎉

My kitchen has gone in, carpenter should be hopefully finished today, painter is in. We are getting close to the finish line :) can't wait to see it on Monday!

My kitchen has gone in, carpenter should be hopefully finished today, painter is in. We are getting close to the finish line :) can't wait to see it on Monday!

Congrats! That’s great news! :)

Congrats! That’s great news! :)

Thanks :) Hopefully yours will be on time. There very good if you also want to make changes to the house. We got different floors, tiles etc put in, instead of whats standard. They work off a budget, so for example, we got oak style laminated floors and only had to pay €200 for the whole house.

When you get the call from the foreman, who is very nice. He will give you a list/numbers of all the tradesmen doing the house, the guy doing the Kitchen, carpenter, plumber, electrician etc. So try to have an idea if you want to change stuff! We changed the kitchen to have a double oven, integrated microwave and an american style fridge freezer. So we had to ring the electrician to add and move sockets, the guy doing the kitchen to build the units for them and the plumber to plum a water point for the american style fridge freezer.

So keep that in mind if you want to add a few personnel touches yourself to the house, but if you don't, the standard stuff is lovely as well. A lot of places that build houses only give you whats standard and won't entertain changes, so it's amazing that they allow it.

Thanks :) Hopefully yours will be on time. There very good if you also want to make changes to the house. We got different floors, tiles etc put in, instead of whats standard. They work off a budget, so for example, we got oak style laminated floors and only had to pay €200 for the whole house.

When you get the call from the foreman, who is very nice. He will give you a list/numbers of all the tradesmen doing the house, the guy doing the Kitchen, carpenter, plumber, electrician etc. So try to have an idea if you want to change stuff! We changed the kitchen to have a double oven, integrated microwave and an american style fridge freezer. So we had to ring the electrician to add and move sockets, the guy doing the kitchen to build the units for them and the plumber to plum a water point for the american style fridge freezer.

So keep that in mind if you want to add a few personnel touches yourself to the house, but if you don't, the standard stuff is lovely as well. A lot of places that build houses only give you whats standard and won't entertain changes, so it's amazing that they allow it.

Wow! That’s great to know!! And for the changes to the kitchen to incorporate the double oven, American fridge etc. Is there an additional cost for that? Do you pay the tradesmen directly for any increase in costs? Thanks for the update :)

Wow! That’s great to know!! And for the changes to the kitchen to incorporate the double oven, American fridge etc. Is there an additional cost for that? Do you pay the tradesmen directly for any increase in costs? Thanks for the update :)

You either pay the tradesman or the supplier. So for the double oven, integrated microwave I think we payed €50, the surrounding for the american style fridge freezer was €500, to add an extra socket for the fridge was €50 and the plumber added the water point for free :D The tiles, floors etc you pay their supplier, which is Bolands in Arklow and Aqua Tiles in Rathnew, which is only down the road from the estate.

You either pay the tradesman or the supplier. So for the double oven, integrated microwave I think we payed €50, the surrounding for the american style fridge freezer was €500, to add an extra socket for the fridge was €50 and the plumber added the water point for free :D The tiles, floors etc you pay their supplier, which is Bolands in Arklow and Aqua Tiles in Rathnew, which is only down the road from the estate.

Great to know! The American freezer, is that a whole separate kitchen unit or built into the the existing kitchen?

• Advertisement

Great to know! The American freezer, is that a whole separate kitchen unit or built into the the existing kitchen?

Separate, so where the single fridge would be, we moved the double oven and integrated microwave into that spot. In the kitchen we have a wall between the utility room and the door into the hall. We put the american style fridge there, right behind that wall is the downstairs toilet, so its very easy to plum for the water.

I'm not sure the layout for the houses for your estate, but I can't seeing them being much different.

If you wanted it built in to your existing kitchen, just ask, he will give you the best advice, just remember if you do, you will lose a bit of counter top space.

Separate, so where the single fridge would be, we moved the double oven and integrated microwave into that spot and in the kitchen we have a wall between the utility room and the door into the hall. We put the american style fridge there, right behind that wall is the downstairs toilet, so its very easy to plum for the water.

I'm not sure the layout for the houses for your estate, but I can't seeing them being much different.

If you wanted it built in to your existing kitchen, just ask, he will give you the best advice, just remember if you do, you will lose a bit of counter top space.

Amazing! Thanks for all the info! One last question..by making changes, does this affect the completion date at all or anything?

Amazing! Thanks for all the info! One last question..by making changes, does this affect the completion date at all or anything?

Not at all. When the foreman rings and gives you the numbers of the tradesmen, ring them straight away to set up dates/times to meet them and to choose what you want. It's very easy for them to add extra things before they have started doing the inside. So make sure you choose what you want ahead of time, even if it's just what is standard.

Not at all. When the foreman rings and gives you the numbers of the tradesmen, ring them straight away to set up dates/times to meet them and to choose what you want. It's very easy for them to add extra things before they have started doing the inside. So make sure you choose what you want ahead of time, even if it's just what is standard.

Thanks for all the info! Great to know that they are open to minor changes and good to talk to! great to know about the floor options too

We were hoping to do the same with the double oven and fridge.

Also for Kirvin Hill, they were giving a €450 voucher for Allshades Blinds in Rathnew, which is just down the road from the estate as well. But no idea if they are doing that for Waverley Meadows! The lady that owns Allshades is very nice as well. They are all very nice, can't say a bad thing about them, so far ;):D

Also for Kirvin Hill, they were giving a €450 voucher for Allshades Blinds in Rathnew, which is just down the road from the estate as well. But no idea if they are doing that for Waverley Meadows! The lady that owns Allshades is very nice as well. They are all very nice, can't say a bad thing about them, so far ;):D

Fingers crossed! Thanks again for all the info today!! :)

If you have any pix of how your kitchen looks with the American freezer unit and want to share at some point that would be amazing! Be great to be able to visualise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hogan622

Hoping to be your neighbours in 91. 😊

Hogan622 wrote: »
    Hoping to be your neighbours in 91. 😊

Howdy Neighbour! We will be next door! 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Hogan622

Hey Neighbour! We put down our booking deposit the end of Feb and they said it was going to be Aug/sept time when the houses are ready. So maybe add another month or so for delays. Waiting on of valuation report, so I will keep you posted on what they say to us. It’s all very exciting!

Advertisement