Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Physics

Options
  • 28-04-2017 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Could any one help with tips for Leaving Cert Physics at this stage,Change of teacher not working out well.
    Has good notes from Easter course.Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

I don't have any work-reducing tips, just ones that guarantee a good return on your work. Aim to ace the experiments section - almost all question parts are repeats. Your option (presumably particle physics) is guaranteed as Q10, and, while it may seem a little intimidating, you'll find that you'll quickly get used to questions by working through past papers. Go through the last ten years of Q5's - lots of repeats, quite nice to study.

At this stage I would be studying almost entirely from marking schemes. But make sure not to passively go through them - try to answer the questions before looking at the answers, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LC2017

Your option (presumably particle physics) is guaranteed as Q10.

See 2016.

Although unlikely to happen 2017. That combined with a repeat experiment means that we shouldn't take any 'guaranteed' question for granted.

LC2017 wrote: »
    See 2016.

Although unlikely to happen 2017. That combined with a repeat experiment means that we shouldn't take any 'guaranteed' question for granted.

Eugh, you come across so condescending. A particle physics question is guaranteed, though it may be shuffled around the paper. (I think it was a Q11 once.) I referred to it as Q10 because that's where it has usually been, and for someone unfamiliar with the paper that's more useful when seeking past questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Eugh, you come across so condescending. A particle physics question is guaranteed, though it may be shuffled around the paper. (I think it was a Q11 once.) I referred to it as Q10 because that's where it has usually been, and for someone unfamiliar with the paper that's more useful when seeking past questions.

The point that was being made above is that it only came up as half a question in 2016 instead of the 'guaranteed' full question that it was since 2002. Not at all condescending.

The point that was being made above is that it only came up as half a question in 2016 instead of the 'guaranteed' full question that it was since 2002. Not at all condescending.

Yes, I'm aware. And I explained that I referred to it as Q10 for simplicity. I didn't mention that one would have to do three other questions either. Just that the topic itself - relatively short - was guaranteed.

I can judge for myself whether it's condescending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

If you want some quick and easy notes that really help compress everything and also show the experiments in an easy to learn manner I highly recommend Doodle Physics. Personally I found it to be the most helpful thing around in just having exactly what to know for the exam.
    That and exam questions will be your best practise.
    If you still have issues on theory try YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dublad2k15

Does anyone here have the edco exam papers for physics? Just looking for pictures of the exam analysis chart

Advertisement