Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on the Quays cycle route

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Chuchote wrote: »
    Chart doesn't show the hundreds of bikes that pass along there?

Title of the graph is "Passenger capacity per mode" - typically for bikes (obviously there are exceptions like cargo bikes, trailers, etc. but they are few and far between) that is zero ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

cython wrote: »
    Title of the graph is "Passenger capacity per mode" - typically for bikes (obviously there are exceptions like cargo bikes, trailers, etc. but they are few and far between) that is zero ;)

Ah, so the car figure doesn't include cars with just a single person driving it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Chuchote wrote: »
    Ah, so the car figure doesn't include cars with just a single person driving it?

They still have the capacity, although I am in agreement with what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

CramCycle wrote: »
    They still have the capacity, although I am in agreement with what you mean.

Oh, I wasn't making any smart point, just thought they were counting passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

comments from each of the councillors from this debate / vote are featured here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Some really sensible comments there as well as some idiotic ones. I feel like this comment speaks to the lunacy of option 8 over option 7 quite succinctly.

"I want to get it straight in my head, the manager is recommending an option which is markable substandard compared to the previous design… when the impacts are ranked as negligible,” added Cllr Smyth."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

i think i was most annoyed by this one, it was almost at troll level...
    Cllr Ciarán O’Moore (SF) said in Clontarf that there was a €6 million cycle route and it’s “only families” who use it and there are “lunatics in lycra gear” staying on the road.

Advertisement