Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund to debit card

Options
  • 28-04-2017 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

an online retailer done a refund to my account last night thursday, when can i expect this money to be in my account, can it happen on a weekend or bank holiday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

tessabee wrote: »
    an online retailer done a refund to my account last night thursday, when can i expect this money to be in my account, can it happen on a weekend or bank holiday

No, if you didn't get it by close of business today you will not get it until at least tuesday when banks reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tessabee

No, if you didn't get it by close of business today you will not get it until at least tuesday when banks reopen.
    Thanks for your reply, its some nuisance for something that wasnt my fault

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Still so hard to believe that the Irish Online Banking System shuts itself down over weekends and bank holidays, absolutely ridiculous carry on in the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning tessabee, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

The refund time frame for transactions will depend on the status of the transaction with the retailer. If the transaction was not fully processed by the company (and showing in your 'transactions in progress' online) it will drop off your account within 5 working days. 

If the transaction was fully processed and visible to you online in processed transactions or on a statement then the time can be up to 10 working days. This is just a guideline and the time for this is dependent on when the retailer sends the refund instruction through their own bank. We will credit any refunds to your account as soon as we receive them. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Still so hard to believe that the Irish Online Banking System shuts itself down over weekends and bank holidays, absolutely ridiculous carry on in the 21st century.

Seconds to leave your account. Weeks to come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 tessabee

Good Morning tessabee, 

The refund time frame for transactions will depend on the status of the transaction with the retailer. If the transaction was not fully processed by the company (and showing in your 'transactions in progress' online) it will drop off your account within 5 working days. 

If the transaction was fully processed and visible to you online in processed transactions or on a statement then the time can be up to 10 working days. This is just a guideline and the time for this is dependent on when the retailer sends the refund instruction through their own bank. We will credit any refunds to your account as soon as we receive them. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks for your reply i actually received money back in my account this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning tessabee, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks for your reply i actually received money back in my account this morning
    That's great to hear tessabee, 

Thanks for letting us know, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement