Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apollo Saturn V - Wow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

For those who've built theirs..how long did it take?
    With my 9 year old doing most of the assembly I’d say it took us about 6 hours over two weeks, I’d guess on my own I could have done it in 4. BUT the internal structure is so cool, and invisible when the model is complete, so I probably would have lingered over it even on my own.

Paddy

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaddyTech/status/926535625259520000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    With my 9 year old doing most of the assembly I’d say it took us about 6 hours over two weeks, I’d guess on my own I could have done it in 4. BUT the internal structure is so cool, and invisible when the model is complete, so I probably would have lingered over it even on my own.

Paddy

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaddyTech/status/926535625259520000

You let a child near it :eek:

Looks cool. So the question now is Christmas dinner gets cooked or my rocket gets built!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

You let a child near it :eek:

Looks cool. So the question now is Christmas dinner gets cooked or my rocket gets built!:)

If you can contain yourself, it could be an ideal St Stephens Day build to linger over?

My younger daughter saw the box and said “You’re not building that without me!” - My Dad instincts won, and she got her way. 100% my favourite Lego of all time, even if I only built 10% of it - even beats my 6382 Fire Station which was my favourite as a kid.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Wildwater....any sign yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    Wildwater....any sign yet??

Nope. Was just about to ask you the same question.

• Advertisement

No. Still hoping!!

No. Still hoping!!

Hopefully, it will arrive for you tomorrow.

Just arrived. Hopefully yours will come today too!

Just arrived. Hopefully yours will come today too!

Great stuff Daisy. I'm at work so hopefully it has.

Mine did not arrive. Daisy, was yours delivered by An Post?

• Advertisement

It was. The postman even phoned me because there was nobody home. The number must have been on the box. I think there's post tomorrow?

It was. The postman even phoned me because there was nobody home. The number must have been on the box. I think there's post tomorrow?

Thanks. Yes, there is post tomorrow so maybe.

Fingers crossed! It's close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've not gotten this but I'm a fan of spaceflight and I've seen a few videos of people building it and its an impressive bit of kit for an impressive bit of machinery that was built in rhe 1960s.

Fingers crossed! It's close!

Indeed, it will probably arrive in the morning. If not, it's not so bad. Unlike you it not for my son's present. So if one of ours was not to arrive before Christmas I'm glad it was mine and not yours.

Aw, that's lovely! Thank you!

It has arrived! Woo hoo :D Postman was slagging me off for cutting it so fine :)

That's great news! Nice to have it for Christmas all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

Purchased on Lego.com today and can’t wait. Backdated till next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ordered mine today on back order. It'll be a birthday present from family so I'll be handing it over to them once it arrives ;_;

Can't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Took about 2 hours with the help of our eldest lad last night. It's an ideal build to do with kids as lots of the steps are repeated x2 or x4 so plenty to keep two builders going through most of the 12 bags.

Still figuring out where to display it, it's massively tall!

438928.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

if they ever do that red launch tower, i am going to set it up with a few led lights like the night launches.

Would really like to get a tower for it alright, I've nowhere to display it horizontally on the provided stands so it has me feeling very nervous every time I look at it at present (a trip to Ikea for some display cases is coming up at the end of the month!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Had no idea this existed. I just got the Women of Nasa set in the states in the Lego stores. Surprised this wasn't on the shelves. Bought one today!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can a mod add 21309 to the thread title please? Always annoys me that I forgot when I made it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Boo!!!!

They said no to scale shuttle and to the launch tower for Sat v! Boo!

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-012218a-lego-ideas-space-shuttle-saturn-v-tower.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Reati wrote: »
    Boo!!!!

They said no to scale shuttle and to the launch tower for Sat v! Boo!

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-012218a-lego-ideas-space-shuttle-saturn-v-tower.html

Boo is right. Wonder will the guy who come up with it release plans himself for anyone to build now he knows theres no money to be made off of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Boo. Was hoping for the tower

Tefral wrote: »
    Boo is right. Wonder will the guy who come up with it release plans himself for anyone to build now he knows theres no money to be made off of it.
    I'm sure there'd be nothing stopping him releasing plans on eBay at $5 a pop or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

I managed to get the block list and instructions from the builder for the tower so gonna give it a go

Advertisement