Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Counties in Ireland with the Rudest People and why?

• 29-04-2017 6:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Counties in Ireland with Rudest People and why?
    Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm sorry but it has to be Dublin..

They're very short with culchies I find. I've horrible memories of getting a taxi from Heuston with my Dad and the Jackeen driver trading barbs. (not banter, hostile stuff)

My Dad hates Jackeens as a rule, I try not to follow his prejudice but I still find myself becoming irritated when I'm around a group of Dubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Dublin taxi drivers and Dublin Bus drivers!

They think they own the roads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Dublin taxi drivers and Dublin Bus drivers!

100 per agree very aggressive drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Cork,

It's amazing they can still stand up straight as the chip on their shoulder is so big!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

All of them.. Except my own county... That's how it works, yeah ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Erik Shin wrote: »
    All of them.. Except my own county... That's how it works, yeah ?

No, just Cork.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cork,

It's amazing they can still stand up straight as the chip on their shoulder is so big!!

Couldn't have said it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Counties in Ireland with the Rudest People and why?

Londonderry.

Galway has some of the Rudest People in Ireland by far. and how the staff in hotels speak to Customers I had a few bad experiences there and the Driving there very Rude drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's rude people in every county but that there's good people in every county too... except Leitrim, because that doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Galway has some of the Rudest People in Ireland by far. and how the staff in hotels speak to Customers I had a few bad experiences there and the Driving there very Rude drivers.

Their ratio of students & hipsters to normal people is high alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's rude people in every county but that there's good people in every county too... except Leitrim, because that doesn't exist.

Yeah exactly. Lots of really decent sound Dublin Bus drivers. Dunno what the genetalisation about all Dublin Bus drivers being rude is about.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Wicklow, more so Greystones, the amount of rude knuts in that place outweighs the rest of the county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yeah exactly. Lots of really decent sound Dublin Bus drivers. Dunno what the genetalisation about all Dublin Bus drivers being rude is about.

Excellent auto correct.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Dey do so dey do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I've found a lot of people from Cork treat people from Dublin very badly, once they find out you are from Dublin they become very hostile and if you are in a pub want to spend all night telling you how Cork is the real capital and how Dublin is ruining the country.

As a Dubliner, I find a lot of the country has an anyone but Dublin attitude but Cork has been the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

hairyslug wrote: »
    Wicklow, more so Greystones, the amount of rude knuts in that place outweighs the rest of the county.

Aren't they just Southside dubs who can't afford to live in South Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

A lot of over inflated egos in Cork.The so called "posh" areas of Cork are hilarious too, nothing particularly great about them, with few exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I dunno. I've encountered very few rude people anywhere. I find those that encounter a high proportion of rude people are actually just dicks.

GarIT wrote: »
    I've found a lot of people from Cork treat people from Dublin very badly, once they find out you are from Dublin they become very hostile and if you are in a pub want to spend all night telling you how Cork is the real capital and how Dublin is ruining the country.

As a Dubliner, I find a lot of the country has an anyone but Dublin attitude but Cork has been the worst.
    I have seen this too in Cork when the hear the Dublin accent. your treat very bad when your from Dublin by sum people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I've seen some of the most ignorant b#stards you'll ever see in your life, on a Dublin Bus. Really bad. It's incredible how ignorant to be honest. I get on with my life though, but I'm sure it's not a nice experience for others.

I also seen some of the most honest, decent, and welcoming people driving a Dublin bus and they are a credit.

I'd estimate 80% are decent, but that still leaves 20%. And it just happens that that 20% would have to be a special breed of pricks amongst pricks.

Other than that, Dublin people are great. They gave my city a hard time, but we will change that perception in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I have seen this too in Cork when the hear the Dublin accent. your treat very bad when your from Dublin by sum people.

When I was about 15 a Cork man once told me in that 'old man imparting advice to a young man' way - that a day spent outside Cork was a day wasted.

Now he had had a few jars and a few tears in his eyes, but he was really thinking hard about how much he loved Cork. I've never seen that anywhere else. They f#cking love themselves. They always say about the capital of Ireland, that Limerick was, Dublin is, but Cork will be. They are a proud people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

As a Dubliner, I find a lot of the country has an anyone but Dublin attitude
    This stuff always swings both ways though, it's a pretty inherent rural/urban divide dealio and Ireland's so spread out that Dublin provides a fairly stark comparison to most everywhere else.

I've no issues with Dubliners in general but it's the only part of Ireland where I'll receive any kind of acknowledgment about being from the country. Generally harmless but there'll always be the c*nt or two that stick in your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Monaghan is jampacked with ignorant feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Cork,

I find a lot of Cork people to be perfectly balanced.

A chip on both shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I find kilkenny, men especially to have an extremely short fuse and would argue with a wall for being in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

As a True Blue Inner-City Dub (accent an' all) I've always been treated very well when in Cork, I honestly found them to be some of the friendliest people I've ever met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I find kilkenny, men especially to have an extremely short fuse and would argue with a wall for being in the way.

I've never heard that expression before. I like it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Cork people will also beat you up for having bad grammar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Cork,

It's even more amazing that you know every person in Cork. Silly thread there are rude people everywhere.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It's even more amazing that you know every person in Cork. Silly thread there are rude people everywhere.

What?!....even on boards?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

People generally are getting ruder and more demanding, not a county or country thing,its a societal thing.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I've found that it's generally Dubs who are absolutely obsessed with the Cork being the real capital thing. They constantly bring it up, whereas Cork people don't give a crap and use it at this stage to troll the Dubs - who get very wound up over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

North Kildare. They are a breed of their own for arrogance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sam Kade wrote: »

Hows the weather down in the peoples republic this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Hows the weather down in the peoples republic this morning?

Wet and windy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wet and windy.

Both attributes of Mrs Crinklewood.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Having worked in a call center and dealt with people from pretty much all over Ireland it's hands down Dublin. Your North inner city types with pig ignorant manners and cursing if they don't get their own way then pushy arrogant Dublin 4 types who talk down to you. Donegal people aren't exactly rude per say but dour and humourless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Everyone in this thread clearly have never been in Carlow. It's a bitter place full of people angry all the factory jobs left and a bypass to Dublin was built around them.

They spit venom down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Galway , superiority complex , city of culture rubbish ,a few macnas heads and diddley-eye music and the fact some of them speak the gaeilge makes them the super race , and Laois , just so inbred down there, I don't think the social skills part of the Brain ever developed in people from that county .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Fermanagh. They would far rather walk into you than say "excuse me". Last time I was in Erneside I was nearly trampled to death. Special mention to the guy who nearly drove me off the road because he couldn't cede his "place" in the traffic.

Both attributes of Mrs Crinklewood.

Adult nappy time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

My own county has a "hape" of ignorant feckers.

As for Cork....we'll I'm working with a group of Cork lads and you couldn't get a sounder, funnier group of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Fermanagh. They would far rather walk into you than say "excuse me". Last time I was in Erneside I was nearly trampled to death. Special mention to the guy who nearly drove me off the road because he couldn't cede his "place" in the traffic.

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

For many years I ,like many people here, thought Cork people were the rudest . More Cork city than county but Cork none the less .This was as a Dub who lived in Cork for 5 years .

That was though until my job required me to spend time in and working with people from Waterford . Cork is Disneyland compared to the the Déise .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Dublin is fine but quite superficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Armagh. Full on hills have eyes inbreds with low intelligence.

Met one once who introduced me to his wife and sister..... and there was only one woman standing there.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Used to go to pool tournaments years ago and one year it was held in Ennis Co.Clare and i have never been in such a place where the atmosphere was so aggressive and for every ten people you encountered about eight who were so ignorant and hostile it was amazing. Would never set foot in the place again even if you paid me.
    The following year the tournament was held in Birr and it was brilliant, friendly people, no bad atmosphere just good people having the craic and getting on with things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

From going to GAA games Tipperary breeds a special ignorant class of people.
    Killnascully could nearly be described as a documentary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Having worked in a call center and dealt with people from pretty much all over Ireland it's hands down Dublin. Your North inner city types with pig ignorant manners and cursing if they don't get their own way then pushy arrogant Dublin 4 types who talk down to you. Donegal people aren't exactly rude per say but dour and humourless.

Hardly a great example? People are usually ringing these palces when they are getting a bad service or issues with it. Also alot of the time the call is costing the Person money or all their credit to hear a game of pass the buck. So chances are they're going to be annoyed.

I'll flip you example. Most people will have had an average to **** experience ringing a call centre.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement