Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec me a (non corsair) mechanical keyboard please

Options
  • 29-04-2017 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

My 4th K70 in just over 2 years has repeating keys.Just spent 18 days back and forth with corsair support for them to come to the conclusion that there is a hardware fault but I'm out of warranty by 10 weeks.:mad:
    I wouldn't mind if i abuse them but they get very little wear and tear.

So any ideas what to replace it with?

Requirements,
    Full size with number pad and media keys.
    Reds or brown switches are fine.
    Doesn't have to be RGB but backlit is a requirement.
    Ideally it would have a wrist rest but not a deal breaker.
    Would not like to spend over 150e.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

game4it70 wrote: »
    My 4th K70 in just over 2 years has repeating keys.Just spent 18 days back and forth with corsair support for them to come to the conclusion that there is a hardware fault but I'm out of warranty by 10 weeks.:mad:
    I wouldn't mind if i abuse them but they get very little wear and tear.

So any ideas what to replace it with?

Requirements,
    Full size with number pad and media keys.
    Reds or brown switches are fine.
    Doesn't have to be RGB but backlit is a requirement.
    Ideally it would have a wrist rest but not a deal breaker.
    Would not like to spend over 150e.

Thanks.

Qpad mk85 or mk 90.
    Had the mk85 before and it was fantastic quality. 'Basically I could beat you to the death with it and still game on it afterwards' was how I described it to a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Thanks Blazer,I'll have a look at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Coolermaster do a range of mechanical keyboards. Have had two, both got at relatively cheap prices and have been rock solid. Only got the second one as the first didn't have a dedicated numberpad, which I only realised how much I needed after I got it!

Both were cherry brown switches, which I like though I haven't tried any others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Not a mechanical keyboard but i have a Razer Ornata Chroma and am very happy with it. I hear the Hyperx Alloy FPS is a nice mechanical.

Cheers lads,will have a look at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have been happily using a Roccat Ryos TKL Pro for the past year.

Thanks for the help all.
    I think I'm going to go with the CM MasterKeys Pro L White LED and maybe pick up a wrist rest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

game4it70 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help all.
    I think I'm going to go with the CM MasterKeys Pro L White LED and maybe pick up a wrist rest too.

I had this one tkl version for about 2 years with brown keys. Survived after i poured jack Daniel's with coke on it. Whole drink.
    Definitely recommend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lot of personal preference involved with keyboards but I picked up a Rantopad MXX with Gateron Red switches nearly a year ago and I love it.

I grabbed it on Adverts but I think it retails for $49.99 on Amazon US.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just a word of warning on CoolerMaster. I got a Qckfire tenkeyless from them (the name was longer, can't remember) had to RMA shortly after receiving when some keys weren't working and replaced it last year finally after just getting sick of it. Keys would get sticky and it really annoying double clicks and stuff. I look after my stuff, but put it down to the range being bogey.

Although I went to a Corsair board and have been chuffed so I guess every brand has some issues?

Pretty happy with the Corsair I have though, no complaints and I'd be a heavy enough user.

• Advertisement

How did the rma go with Coolermaster?

There are lots and lots of complaints online about repeating keys on K70's.I like you take care of my keyboards but didn't make any difference as this one is my forth one to develop the problem.

The previous rma's went ok bar being slow to reply.This time it pee'd me right off.18 days of questions asking for proof or purchase,screen shots of Switch hitter showing the fault and to try things that i already had done which where highlighted in my first message of the ticket.
    Then after all that "oh sorry we cant rma as you out of warranty and we dont do repairs"
    Scan has lots of refurbished k70's for sale so obviously they do fix them.

Sorry for rant and hope your keyboard lasts a long time :mad::o

Advertisement