Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first litre bike :)

• 29-04-2017 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

2013 z1000sx and a minter at that - got it yesterday and blasted back up to Dublin last night. Some difference from the sv650! Also a big f*ck you to MCE who wanted to quote me 5 grand for insurance :lbhbh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Well wear

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Nice keep her upright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Congratulations m8, looks totally different in the non kwacker green. Hope you have thousands of happy miles take it easy until you get to know the bike, as you said much more bike then the 650 and less forgiving.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Very nice. Looks well looked after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Sweet as a nut man. Insurance is a joke. Im 44 with full no claims never a claim in my life and after paying 280 last year for two bikes with CN they wanted 620 for the same when i renewed last week. Told them im going looking for business elsewhere and they dropped it to 310. :pac: I think they just see what they can get away with. Anywho savage machine enjoy every minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Just headin out for my third spin of the day now... grinning ear to ear :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Get rid of them exhausts and get her mapped too.

You will think its a different bike.

Happy riding.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

Congrats, very nice , It takes time to get used to the thousand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Welcome to the club. Great bikes. I've never raised the screen though, really changes the look of it. Must try it sometime :p

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

Sweet as a nut man. Insurance is a joke. Im 44 with full no claims never a claim in my life and after paying 280 last year for two bikes with CN they wanted 620 for the same when i renewed last week. Told them im going looking for business elsewhere and they dropped it to 310. :pac: I think they just see what they can get away with. Anywho savage machine enjoy every minute.

CN seem to be really bad for ridiculous quotes. I rang around in my first year and went with liberty for €800 for a 125. CN still had my details and rang me a week before my renewal with a quote of 1400, I told them to get lost. Then they rang me two days before and eventually they gave me a quote of 670 for a 500 and the 125. If that kind of price disparity happened in any other industry they'd be called out for defrauding their customers.

I wish there was a LinkedIn for insurance, where you put all your details in and then request a quote from all the insurers. It'd save the 40 minute phonecalls focusing on what type of materials your garage is constructed of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Brilliant bike.

The jump from a beginner class bike to your first litre bike is a milestone for everyone riding a motorbike.

You've probably gathered by now that things are happening much, much quicker ~ and crack open the gas and it gets almost violent compared to your SV650 so it does no harm to ease yourself into this class before going mad on the gas.

Best of luck with her.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=237971

You posted the exact same thing here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pugzilla wrote: »

So...
    Is a different forum..

Yeah its a new bike he wants as much ohhh's and ahhh's as he can get....every one does with a new bike!

And its a stunner let him have his 5 mins of fame until someone else posts up a newer bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Pugzilla wrote: »

Ok... and your point is....

Well that blew up in Pugs face LOL.

Brilliant bike.

The jump from a beginner class bike to your first litre bike is a milestone for everyone riding a motorbike.

You've probably gathered by now that things are happening much, much quicker ~ and crack open the gas and it gets almost violent compared to your SV650 so it does no harm to ease yourself into this class before going mad on the gas.

Best of luck with her.

Thanks mate - yeah different game altogether... don't even know where to start comparing riding it to the sv. Much prefer the riding position on the z, it feels like it holds the road infinitely better and just has power on tap if you want it but yeah taking it very handy for the time being.

Getting her back up to Dublin from Clonmel was actually my longest blast to date :o but after the couple hours felt like could have kept going where after an hour or more on the sv I'd have been pulling over for a break.

Coming backup the M8 and took a while to cop the new speedometer was in mph though not kph :pac:

COH wrote: »
    Thanks mate - yeah different game altogether... don't even know where to start comparing riding it to the sv. Much prefer the riding position on the z, it feels like it holds the road infinitely better and just has power on tap if you want it but yeah taking it very handy for the time being.

Getting her back up to Dublin from Clonmel was actually my longest blast to date :o but after the couple hours felt like could have kept going where after an hour or more on the sv I'd have been pulling over for a break.

Coming backup the M8 and took a while to cop the new speedometer was in mph though not kph :pac:

Its a really beautiful bike you got there.

My son had an SV, then got rid of it and got a DRZ400sm for his commute (and I played on it occasionally). Now he's on the way back up again.

He's thinking of another SV, a Fazer 6, ER6 or XJ6 (or an MT-07 if his funds stretch to it) ~ but I know that he's got his eyes set on his first ltr bike in a few years.

I'm on my way back down again and on a DL650 Vstrom, but I'd be lying if I said I don't miss the power of a litre bike.

You should be deffo able to change that display from mph to kph via the buttons on the speedo m8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Very nice. Well wear.

Check the manual should be able to change the clocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Think it's the top button for three seconds followed by the bottom one. It changes to kph Celsius, kph Fahrenheit, mph Fahrenheit and mph Celsius. Don't recall in what order though.

Been a while since I did it but something like that. Just rtfm :D

Don't have the manual just yet .... but am sure its an easy one to figure out :) Fella I bought it off is posting it with the rest of the paperwork this week

zubair wrote: »

I switched the display last night ye bollocks :P well played though I did laugh, haven't seen someone get LMGTFY'd in years :D

I switched the display last night ye bollocks :P well played though I did laugh, haven't seen someone get LMGTFY'd in years :D

HAHA! Raging I didn't rickroll you too now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

By the time my son can afford to insure a bike, I'll probably be in a home. They'll be forcing catholic prayers on us and assuming we're all Liverpool fans :mad:

Scrap the cap!

By the time my son can afford to insure a bike, I'll probably be in a home. They'll be forcing catholic prayers on us and assuming we're all Liverpool fans :mad:

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's the popular path for Irish people born at a certain time. Glory hunters or conformists I suppose. Most of them are conformist fiuckwits without an original thought in their head.

But some of us took the road less travelled. Choosing to become a biker is also a road less travelled.

Scrap the cap!

It's the popular path for Irish people born at a certain time. Glory hunters or conformists I suppose. Most of them are conformist fiuckwits without an original thought in their head.

But some of us took the road less travelled. Choosing to become a biker is also a road less travelled.

What are you on about you drunk animal ? Cause some people dont get the bike you got as your first they are different?

Stop talking rubbish and explain yourself properly. My first road bike was a 600, I await your wrath

This man has bought himself a nice litre bike, he says nothing about it being his first. cool your jets

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Should have got a K5

Advertisement