Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another insurance thread, looking for suggestions.

Options
  • 29-04-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi folks, looked for a dedicated insurance sub forum but couldnt find it, mods feel free to move if not appropriate.

Got my renewal yesterday (25PLUS) My jaw actually dropped. I'm 37, full no claims, full licence etc, but I'm driving a 15 year old 1.9tdi (a death trap obviously!).

€1100-1200!!! Crazy stuff (edit- just checked and last year I paid €571!)

So I'm looking for suggestions for any other company/ broker that anyone similar to me got a decent quote from.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Sounds about what you'd expect in the current climate tbh,if you got it down to 800-1000 maybe at best

I'm expecting something similar,full licence no claims or points too

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Sounds about what you'd expect in the current climate tbh,if you got it down to 800-1000 maybe at best

I'm expecting something similar,full licence no claims or points too

Yeah I supppse. Kinda hard to stomach how it's more than doubled in the space of a year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try Allianz over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Try Bank of Ireland Insurances.

Thanks folks. Will be spending the next week ringing places. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BOI don't seem as keen to get business as they were last year. They were very cheap last year for a lot of people.

There's a new broker after setting up locally here too, I'm hoping he will be keen for business!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

@bd2012 - Topic already running here…… Read back a bit and you'll see most are in the same boat motor as you... Me included.

@bd2012 - Topic already running here…… Read back a bit and you'll see most are in the same boat motor as you... Me included.

Thanks a million!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Try Allianz over the phone.

Thanks colm! Just got a much more reasonable quote from them over the phone! Cheers!

• Advertisement

Just to update. Ended up getting fully comp with all the bells and whistles for €683 with Allianz over the phone. Thanks again Colm, I owe you a virtual pint!

Advertisement